Gilda 954 members · 711 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

... Anyone want to clarify HOW Character development and depth equals 'ruined because she's completely changed'?

Like many of the fandom whom ARE Gilda fans as opposed to haters, I really wanted to know just why Gilda, previously friends with Rainbow Dash, was the big grump that didn't seem like she would make any friends beyond other bullies and jerks.

Well, we got the reasons in the form of Griffonstone.

Some odd thoughts about just how bad the state of affairs is aside, we got an explanation. Griffons from Griffonstone are raised in a society where nothing is truly, ever, ever free. Of course they'd be stingy and rude when they could look at some foreigner and think 'damn it, this guy's gonna want some bits', or something.

Still, Gilda diverges from that norm, and further from the characterization we're familiar with all the way back in SEASON ONE, and some complain that her personality has been re-written.

When it's been an in-universe year, at least.

... Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with her being an asshole with a heart of gold like she's shown to be at the end of the episode. If anything, she still has most of her character intact compared to Sunset Shimmer's 180.

4421046 I agree. Just thought I'd ask. XD

Also, 'dat FLASHBACK. *heart hurts*

4421043 I was always of the opinion that she just wanted to spend time with Dash, but Pinkie kept interfering. So she lost her temper.

She hasn't completely changed at all. She's just caught between. Gilda's a bitch burd compared to ponies, but has spent a lot of time in Equestria and thus is relatively nice compared to the Griffinstone gryphons.

Being stuck for years since her last appearance in a shit town where everyone hates each other would leave anyburd receptive to some pony being nice to them.

4421209 4421245

I also agree with that.

Personally I think they should have done this a long time ago instead of making her a pariah, especially since Gilda barely did anything in comparison to other lesser MLP villains like Trixie and Diamond Tiara & Silverspoon. It can't be a 180 considering it's been about a year or so (show wise) since their last encounter.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7