Lightning Dust Is Best Pony 550 members · 499 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

With what the writers did with Lightning Dust? I mean, not only did she not get reformed by the end of The Washouts, (which a lot of people apparently wanted) But her rivalry with Rainbow Dash ultimately went nowhere. Seriously, she didn't even show up in The Last Problem!

Honestly, I’m not disappointed.

Lightning Dust literally didn’t seem like the type to be reformed, and it wouldn’t be realistic for that to happen. She cared about no one but herself, which is a big factor.

Very much. No need to make her that big of a jerk, just show her a different route

I mean, Yeah.

I kind of did want her to be at least somewhat reformed (Still an arrogant jerk, but not one to load a foal in a cannon). And even after they did what they did in the Washouts, I thought they'd do something with her in season 9. But no.

So... yeah.

Honestly, I felt like she was bonding with Rainbow when she was first introduced. They were trying to get into an elite team and had to bring their A game. I liked how she started up her own team and gave the Wonderbolts computation, heck she even seemed ok with Rainbow at the beginning. It could have been a good episode about when life gives you lemons make lemonade. Then came the petty revenge that soured the whole thing.

I definitely was. The Washouts started out good with Lightning and Dash actually being okay after the whole incident at the academy. Lightning wasn't bitter about getting kicked, moved on and made her own group that welcomed anyone who didn't make the cut with the Wonderbolts. The episode could have been written in a way that didn't require an antagonist, but it went the simple route in my opinion. It also left a lot of questions that the final season didn't really help answer at all.

I wasn't disappointed by her still being a rival to Rainbow Dash, but I do wish they'd at least met one more time before the series ended. She wouldn't have to necessarily reform in my mind, but I do think she and Dash's relationship should have solidified into either a firm rivalry or a begrudging mutual understanding. There was a lot of potential that I think really could have been explored, but I guess that's our jobs to elaborate upon now.

I haven't been able to finish The Washouts, I just got annoyed and bored, and really dissatisfied with LD's character.
She's such a naturally great foil for RD, and she wasn't a villain, nor did she have to be. Especially since in her first episode, she was being encouraged to push boundaries and essentially be reckless, so of course she'd continue doing that if she's going rewarded.
In the Washouts, they could have either gone deeper in that mindset, or allowed her to grow and face her own personal challenge and rise to meet it, with RD's help.
The end result just fell flat.

When I first was watching that episode I immediately started making comparison' s to The Lost Treasure of Griffinstone. Right down to when Rainbow meets Lightning again. It's literally the same scene just with Scootaloo instead of Pinkie and Lightning instead of Gilda. I was thinking to myself, if they can reform characters like Gilda. Trixie, and the whole thing with Starlight, maybe Lightning does have a chance. I was disappointed in the end.

Same goes for Cozy Glow's scenario: The writers could of at least show us why she is like at all, but no, they just got lazy. -_-

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10