The Accusation Fic Collection 1,051 members · 2,026 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

https://twitter.com/MrVectorMV/status/1670973449718706177

I found this tweet and these lines stood out to me.

Seasons 1-3 had this vibe to it where it felt simple, small, not much grand stakes other than the occasional baddie of the week. With fun being it's main focus. Seasons 4-9 however felt like it was trying to get bigger each moment, with lore coming first, but fun coming second.

Was that the problem? They stopped focusing on fun and tried to make it all impressive and epic?

SuperPinkBrony12
Group Contributor

If anything, Seasons 4-9 showed how it was impossible to truly have an overarching narrative with the show's freelance writing style. Even when they tried to tie episodes together, they'd have a lot of episodes that had no relevance to the plot elements hinted at or directly shown in the season premier.

7854179 Yes, that's exactly what the problem was. That's why this show doesn't hold up, because the writers weren't able to communicate with each other, thus they weren't able to commit to the storylines they set up at the beginning of the seasons and only came back to them at the end of the seasons, so every episode was basically fluff and filler. This is why the writing for this show was so terrible. For the record, I absolutely hated seasons 1-3. Unfortunately, the show didn't get any better but kept getting worse and worse.

7854182 And this is why the writing in this show was so terrible.

As bad as the last season of Game of Thrones was, could you imagine how bad it would've been if that show had a freelance based writing system like MLP? It would be an absolute shitshow.

7856528 Exactly. This is why I say that the writing in G4 was complete ass garbage and why the show itself was such a shitshow.

Then why are you here?

7859038 Because the fans produce better writing quality than the actual writers of the show did.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7