The Griffon Kingdom 844 members · 516 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I'm curious. Would it be believable that a Griffon can somehow harvest magic and use it for advantage?

Let's say that everytime when Unicorns/Alicorns use their magic. Their magic will release a magical emission into the atmosphere.
( Kinda like the plants release pollen into the air or gasoline's flammable vapors, that can be ignited. )

Would it be possible for a griffon to channel Magic through his body, if mastering the ability?

Well technically there all sorts of different ways to access magic for the Griffins. One of the most obvious yet least common would be Blood Magic which is used in Starlight Over Detrot: A Noir Tale. In The Moonstone Cup Griffins use books and scrolls to harness magic and weave spells. Your idea however is actually both very original but would also be somewhat hard to write. I'm guessing what you're saying is that use the Magic that remains of past spells and incantations used by the everyday unicorn or alicorn. I think you've got a great idea.

I hope this helped.

Yes it does thank you!

but would also be somewhat hard to write.

I imagine something Metal Gear -franchise's quality dialogues to explain how does it work. :rainbowlaugh:

Well if we can put it Magic can come from different sources. I mean in the fantasy genre there are all kinds of magic. Rune magic, Daemon Magic, Arcane etc. which doesn't require for the user to be magically attuned in order to use it. Even technology can be used to simulate magic (Babylon 5's Technomages)

Well my second option was the engineering. Building a gadgets, bombs, hooks like Batman's. To give tactical advantage against the magic users.

6393072 What I am going for is that griffons cant use magic as it is, they would need a means to cast magic, such as a wand or staff that has a magic gemstone and/or runes etched/placed into it. For me griffons are more likely to use magitek than actual magic, sure they got the pegasus abiltiies to land on clouds, but manage weather is not something they can do.

Sounds good. A gemstones is something that you could find. Maybe turn them into a necklace, to channel magic for user.

sure they got the pegasus abiltiies to land on clouds, but manage weather is not something they can do.

Was going with the Static Electricity next.
Similar fashion why don't birds on power lines get electrocuted. But bird feathers are not good electrical conductors. Any electrons that may enter the feathers may exit to the surrounding air, since water is a good conductor.

TMilitis Corde
An odd griffon seeks help in Equestria for a condition nopony has ever seen. One that haunts him and replaces his memories with pain and despair.
Sanguine Eyes · 49k words  ·  38  7 · 1.3k views

This one does tackle the Griffon magic bit pretty fast.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8