The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau 5,514 members · 50,037 stories
Comments ( 41 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 41

This is discussing some characters in MLP that did bad things, but never got punished for them, or deserved worst than what they got. I will be listing them from the levels of the bad things they did from least to worst. Also note that all this is all my opinion.

1. Babs Seed

First up is Babs Seed, Apple Bloom's cousin. She is on the list for these crimes. She willingly, and knowingly destroyed the CMC's float, and bullied the CMC physically, verbally, and psychologically, and possibly other foals in Ponyville off screen. Even though she did all that because she wanted to avoid being bullied by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, and because of the bullying she had suffered back home, it shouldn't change the fact that she did all those things willingly and knowingly. But did she get punished for everything she did in the end? No. She suffered no punishment of any kind or form for what she did. Instead she was let off, and was accepted into the CMC. She should've at least got punished with hard labor on the Apple farm, and Applejack should have wrote a letter to her family back home to tell them what she had done.

2. Gilda

Next is Gilda. Like Babs Seed, she is guilty for bullying, but mainly physical and verbal bullying. Not to mention petty theft when she stole an apple from a fruit and vegetable cart. When she came to Ponyville to see Rainbow Dash in Griffon the Brush Off, she maliciously bullied the ponies behind Rainbow Dash's back. The worst was when she bullied Fluttershy, the most gentle, harmless mare in town in front of so many ponies. And before that started, the ponies in Ponyville, especially Pinkie Pie, welcomed Gilda with welcome open arms, even at the party Pinkie organised for her to help her appreciate everything they did for her. And what did she do? She pissed and shitted on them all. And at the party, she revealed her true colors, and called them dweebs and lame, and goes ape-shit on Pinkie Pie. Even though she lost her friendship with Rainbow Dash as a result, she deserved a bit more than that.
Note: she apologized for all she did, and regained her friendship with Rainbow Dash in The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone, but it still doesn't excuse her malicious behavior. And on a personal level, I think the writers missed out on taking an opportunity to reveal anything of what caused Gilda to change from such a shy, gentle, sweet girl, to the mean bitch character is turned into. I for one hope that the will be an episode about what happened to her in between the events of her childhood to where we first see her in season 1.

3. Diamond Tiara

I think this character needs no introduction, and should come to no surprise to most of you either. Diamond Tiara did so many cruel, malicious things in the series, especially towards the CMC. She did things like name calling, getting ponies in trouble, humiliation to ponies with disabilities, blackmail, bribery, and numerous other bad things. We find out that all the things she did was under her abusive mother's influence, but it should not excuse her actions. Although she got a comeuppance at some of the things she did, I feel she should've gotten things a little more harsh and worse.
She even changes to good in Crusaders of the Lost Mark, but I've been told that she has yet to make a comeback in the series. I personally hope that Diamond Tiara gets an episode where she tries to set things right. Like for example, a old student she bullied and got expelled from the school house, comes back as a bully himself, and Diamond Tiara tries to right that wrong she did.

4. Svengallop

Next up is Svengallop, Coloratura's (former) manager. Now this stallion who exploits a celebrity for their own personal gain. During his time in Ponyville, Svengallop makes numerous unreasonable demands to Pinkie Pie without Coloratura's knowledge, and he threatens to pull Coloratura out of the festival if Pinkie does not comply. Not to mention he also was shamelessly snobby towards "common" ponies Coloratura would interact with. That is just truly despicable!
I read up that the original draft of The Mane Attraction depicted Coloratura outright firing Svengallop, rather than Svengallop voluntarily abandoning her in the final draft. And according to Amy Keating Rogers, his continued shady dealings in Manehattan ultimately end in failure after the events of the episode. Although, his reputation is possibly ruined permanently, I still feel he deserved so much worse.

5. Rainbow Dash

Now this may come as a surprise to you all, but let me explain why Rainbow Dash deserves to be on the list.
In Tanks for the Memories, she tried to sabotage the work of the weather ponies bringing winter. Things like taking the snow clouds away, altering the flight path of duck traveling south for the winter, and messing up the weather ponies. But worst of all, she broke into the weather factory, and sabotaged the equipment inside, causing countless property damage. Although her actions failed in stopping winter, she still is guilty for such destructive damage to property. What makes it worse is that she endangered many ponies, including the town of Ponyville when that giant snowball landed on the town, which could have injured so many ponies, and caused even more property damage to houses and buildings.
Even though it did not happen, it still adds to the things Rainbow Dash is guilty for. The offences are workers sabotage, trespassing, breaking and entering, extensive destruction of factory machinery and property, and reckless endangerment of ponies. To name a few.
And was she punished for any of those things? No. Not at all. She should've faced a huge law suit, minimum jail time, and community service for what she did. And that's if she was lucky.

6. Prince Rutherford

The actions of this guy is something else. He came to visit Ponyville as part of a Yakyakistani delegation to Equestria. He and his other yaks were given things that the ponies gave to them to make them feel at home. Things like trying to make Yakyakistan style food, Yakyakistan-style hay beds, and many other Yakyakistan-style things to the best of their ability to make them feel at home. But did they like any of those things, and did they accept any of these things with good grace? No. Instead, he and his entourage maliciously, and ungratefully trampled and destroyed everything they did without even the slightest bit of shame. And later, he decided to leave Ponyville and declare war on Equestria, all because of Spike playing a Pianola, instead of playing the piano for real. So his crimes are malicious destruction of property, attempted murder and cruelty of animals, and threatening war on an innocent race. That is just totally unacceptable, and uncivilized behavior. He and the other yaks should've been punished most severely. Instead of a friendship party, they should've been lock-up in a rat infested dungeon for their hostility.

7. Starlight Glimmer

As you are aware, Starlight Glimmer did some really horrible things before she was reformed. First, she captured, imprisoned, and brainwashed so many ponies into her so called town, and stripped them of their cutie marks. Who knows how much physical and psychological damage she caused to the innocent ponies she kidnapped and trapped. But the worst thing she did after she was stopped by the Main 6 was going back in time and trying to alter the events of the future. Fortunately, Twilight stopped her from doing so, but the fact that she amount of horrors that could've happened if she had succeeded is horrific to think about. The future could've costed the lives and existences of so many ponies. Instead of being punished for all that she did, she was given the opportunity to change and learn about friendship from the Main 6. In my opinion, and if it was up to me, she should've been either executed, or sent to Tartarus for all eternity.

8. Tempest Shadow

Finally we come the one who I think is the worst. Just so you know, Tempest Shadow is my favorite of MLP: The Movie, but she still did so many evil things. And it's for this reason I put her down as the worst. When she was working for the Storm King, she conquered many civilizations to expand the Storm King's empire. She was even responsible for the capture, enslavement, and perhaps even deaths of so many countless lives. Tempest even invaded and enslaved her home of Equestria. And it was all just so she could get her horn back. Then when she was in pursuit of the Main 6, she tried to kill Capper and the pirates. Even though she failed, her intent was very clear. Even though she changed when the Storm King betrayed her, and that she saved the Main 6 from the Storm King, it doesn't make up for the so many countless wrongs she had done. We're talking about the destruction of colonies and races, enslavement of innocent lives, murder, attempted murder, attacking royalty, and high treason. Just for starters.
But did she face any punishment? Again, no! She was invited to stay, and was let go. Or perhaps join the royal guards as the new commander. She would've been executed for what she did. Or sent to Tartarus for all eternity.

So guys, that is all the ponies I think deserved punishment, or worse than what they got. What do you think? Who else do you think should be on the list? Let me know who, and what they did to deserve punishment, or worse than what they got. I'm interested to hear what you think.

Starlight and Tempest I wholeheartedly agree with, but Diamond? Nah, her reputation is shot. She's destroyed herself, more or less.

Besides, the writing team want us to forget Diamond and Babs ever existed.

I agree with Tempest and Starlight. Tempest mostly.

Ok, let's see:

I can't agree with everything, only with a few characters like Svengallop or Gilda, although Gilda turned somewhat better than what she was before.

Diamond's change of attitude caused the CMC's Cutie Marks to finally appear, although I would also like to see an episode where Diamond tries to make up for her actions. Oh, and there's also the fact that she and Silver Spoon have not appeared recently.

Rainbow did that because she cared for Tank. Ok, maaaaybe she cared for him too much.:twilightsheepish:

For Prince Rutherford, locking the yaks in a dungeon would mean Rutherford would probably not end up as Pinkie's friend (or maybe it would be more complicated after spending some time at the dungeon).

And finally, about what you said for Starlight and Tempest:

In my opinion, and if it was up to me, she should've been either executed, or sent to Tartarus for all eternity.

Executed? I don't know how you would execute them, but no. I can't agree with you. Just no.

Comment posted by AnnEldest deleted Jan 7th, 2019

I suppose you agree with Starlight and Tempest because of what they did, right? Because, for me, executing them is going too far.:unsuresweetie:

Does that mean the episodes with Starlight should have never existed?:unsuresweetie:

Fortunately, in fan fiction at least, some of us refuse to accept this state of affairs. No ignoring DT or any other character for me at all. :moustache:

I'll take that as a yes.

Anyways, since my first story has Starlight as the main character, I recommend you not to read it.

Um, what exactly is this post promoting here?

Kriysix #12 · Jan 7th, 2019 · · 1 ·

she should've been either executed

The show is clearly not for you.

The execution bit, no.

Same here. She's an integral character of my EqG Continuity (ironically, EqG marks her last speaking appearence).

Maybe his hatred towards the characters he mentioned... I guess?

Indeed my friend. Turned to stone, mind...

Starlight and Trixie episodes make the show a joy for me to watch these days. Her addition somehow made Twilight a better character.

You must pardon me if I slightly disagree with the whole "no forgiveness for her ever!" mindset.

My Little Pony: Friendship For Some, Death For Others

Starlight Glimmer

In my opinion, and if it was up to me, she should've been either executed, or sent to Tartarus for all eternity.

Whereupon Equestria would have been conquered by the changelings a few months later, because Starlight wouldn't have been there to save them.

Tell me, do you understand what this show is about and what its major themes are? Because I suspect that you don't.

Not to sound like an ass but it sounds like OP got their opinion from Lilly Orchard, an MLP "analyst" that misses the point.

And this is all connected to promoting something how...?

Friendship is magic right? Or have I missed something along the way? Clearly someone has.

I'd say so. Sounds exactly like words she'd say.

Wondering that myself.

I just don't get the segment of fandom who watch a show that repeatedly hits the themes of forgiveness and that very few people are irredeemable, and then says "Yeah, well, it would be so much better if only x had been executed or imprisoned or punished in some overblown way." Honestly, so many people in this fandom are obsessed with punishment and how the lack of it is totally unfair.

I also get a little riled at people who are still salty about Starlight. She has had the longest and hardest redemption of any character on the show, and yet some fans just refuse to see it.

Why punish when you can reform and make someone socially valuable? Pragmatism here. Also Babs and Diamond are children so I give them a break.

So are not counting that Glimmer saved everyone Twice. That the ponies in that own forgive her and invited her back. Something she wanted to not happen. I'm not biggest fan of Glimmer but if it wasn't for her I can't help but feel we get terrible episodes like Non-Compete Clause.

#7 shouldn't be shoved down everypony's throat that frequently, that's for sure.

I wouldn't execute them but they should have gotten some sort of punishment and I actually like them

Just like they did to Cozy Glow. They were quick to punish her but let Tempest walk away. Not that I'm saying I disagree with you but I question the way these ponies punish people in this show

Comment posted by AnnEldest deleted Jan 7th, 2019

6718467 where are you at in the show? Or are you being a smartass?

They're one of my favorites. The only reason I say this is because they were quick to punish cozy glow but let both Tempest and Starlight walk. I some time question how they punish people in this show

Sorry, I'm being an arse.

:pinkiesmile: But I'm so good at it!

:raritywink: *Bops me on the head with a rolled up newspaper.*

But no, seriously, I hated how they handled Cozy.

6718484 yeah but What's done is done.:applejackunsure:

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

I'm terribly sorry about this, but this group isn't really meant for discussions... Please refer to our Rule 1.

All new threads have to be promoting something, and it has to be pony-related, or at least site related. It doesn't actually have to be something of yours.

There are a few things here. The first thing is that it has to be first and foremost a promotion. This isn't really where you should be asking for an editor, for help, or just talking 'bout things. You can promote a blog post about something, and be asking for help there, of course. But we're about "Look at me!", not "Help me!", or "Lets talk!".

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 41