Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

As I've stated in the group's description, I'd prefer if you posted your own stories, not someone else's. I've received a couple of complaints, and I happen to agree with them; stories that should not belong in this group are in this group. Just because you don't like something doesn't make it bad. It's bad when something ruins the appeal, as well as ruin the story itself.
So, again, please post your own stories. We want to know what not to do, and you know that you are better than what you've written.

3830609 Hey, could you make a thread detailing what to do and what not to do with OCs, particularly the red and black variant? Reason I'm making this request was because I wrote a Suefic, and am attempting to re-write everything about it.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3832881 I haven't been in the fanfiction part of the fandom for a little while, so I may have missed some things. What's a "Suefic"? Otherwise, the thread would just be "Don't make black and red OC's".

3832899 Mary Sue/Gary Stu: Term used to address a character of a story, oft the main protagonist, that is flawless in every way. Cannot lose, is immortal, or absurdly overpowered, surpassing even the already-established strongest of a given world (this case, the four princesses.) For ponies, especially red and black variants (one of which I own, so I can validate this claim), or any Sue for that matter, it is also accompanied by Element Bearers falling in love with the Sue in an instant, tragic backstories (e.g. changelings killed my parents when I was small) in vain attempts to elicit feels from the readers, being related to royalty (also accompanied by surpassing said royalty in terms of power)...the list is endless.

The Sues of the MLP fandom are red and black, half-changeling half-whatever, have extra wings/horns, are rainbow-colored (heard of one red and black OC who had rainbow as well, and horns on its hooves), and are laughable despite being meant to be taken seriously. Most, if not all red and black Suefics, have every bit of detail focusing on said Sue and almost no detail going towards everything else whatsoever; it's like they're a special snowflake.

In short, bland cardboard that's honestly either annoying, laughable, or quite literally made of pure 'WTF am I seeing/reading?!'

Sorry I had to go dictionary, but it was really the only way I could cover about 99.99% of the Suefic shenanigans one would oft see in a corresponding story.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

Ah...
I remember this now...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5