Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

How to OP your OC:
Don't take yourself seriously. Ever. Be silly, be stupid, blow up the planet, and make sure your audience knows that the story is in no way serious. Unless you are serious. In that case, stop writing it immediately and keep the whole thing to yourself; nobody wants to see that.

If you write a story about your OC spontaneously courting a real character, having a depressing background, and/or suddenly being more powerful than the alicorns and Discord: don't. Nobody likes you.

Also, OC stands for "original character". There's nothing original about your red and black alicorn king with robotic wings.

Also-also, stop impregnating Fluttershy every four minutes.

Also-also, stop impregnating Fluttershy every four minutes.

Is this even physically possible, without red and black Sues in play? :rainbowlaugh:

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3833838 Every HiE in the past two months has done it.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3834270 It also happens to Twilight.

3833626 I wrote a fic where my OC is a bit overpowered, but he's myopic to balance it out. Also, he has a depressing backstory. Would that be deemed worthy in your eyes?

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3834870 No. No it is not. Unless this causes major problems with relationships between characters, nothing is fixed. If he's gonna be an idiot or a jerk, the plot must revolve almost entirely around the mistakes made due to this affliction.
But that's just my opinion.

3835287 I'll take what you say with a grain of salt, but the fic is mostly revolved around him denouncing his powers in favor of a peaceful existence with ponies. Alas, it is in vain, and sins of the past destroy any chance of a normal life.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3835293 It depends on how he feels and reacts, as well as the ponies' reactions. At that point it's the skill of the writer that matters, not the inability to make a smart decision on the story's contents.

3835536 Unfortunately for this fic, I'm not that talented as an author. Which is why you might see me running around in group threads asking for advice.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3835540 I'd offer to preread, but people fire me because I point out every mistake. I've never said "rewrite the whole chapter" or anything, but I will nag you about misspelling the simplest words.

3835873 That's not really a problem for me. What I'm worried is that you'll outright say it's atrocious and condemn it. Oh well, here you go.

Elusive Phoenix
Group Admin

3835945 I would never say that!
I would say that I wouldn't read it because I wouldn't care if I saw it on the front page, but never that it's BAD. It would only be bad if you thought it was bad. Or if other people say it's bad, but don't trust other people, they're filthy (like me).
(I also like that it says it's not a clopfic or crossover, so it won't be featured; it's totally correct. My only featured story was a crossover.)

3836043 You can never be sure on the Internet.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14