Power Rangers Crossover Group 296 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Okay, there is something I'd like to share with you before the year is over.

The second season of Super Sentai, JAKQ Dengekitai (JAKQ is short for Jack, Ace, King, Queen, Dengekitai means Blitzkrieg Force) had a white ranger, Big One, take over leadership of the team from the red ranger, Spade Ace.

Fast forward to the second season of Power Rangers, where Tommy, upon returning as the White Ranger, takes over leading the team from Jason, the Red Ranger.

I'm sure you see the resemblance.

3932690 So Tommy becoming the leader wasn't just because Jason's actor wanted to quit. Very interesting.

3932693 That actually is probably the main reason. But even if it's just a coincidence, I felt it was worth noting.

Incidentally, the theme for JAKQ was playing cards. Besides Spade Ace, they had a Blue Ranger named Dia Jack, a Green Ranger named Clover King, and a Pink Ranger named Heart Queen. Their mentor was given the code name Joker.

3932693 3932712
Actually, because Austin St. John wanted to quit, along with Walter Jones and Thuy Trang (Zack and Trini), Saban writed in the characters for Rocky, Adam and Aisha as the first "Descendant Rangers". Tommy's appointment as leader had nothing to do with Jason leaving the picture. He did return in the late season of Zeo and in "Forever Red" though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7