Power Rangers Crossover Group 296 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

Okay, for Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger's Vs Movie with the Go-Busters, they went the extra mile and included the Zyurangers and Abarangers.

However, besides the fact that Power Rangers hasn't done that many team-ups lately, excluding Super Megaforce and Operation Overdrive, there are certain factors that would make it quite difficult for them to pull the same thing off with Dino Charge.

First is the fact that Thuy Trang, Trini's actress, has been dead for a while. And they can't use Aisha, because the last we saw her, she had left the team with no signs of any plans to return.

Second is David Yost, who played Billy. Now you may have heard the "official" reports that he left the show due to a pay dispute.

That is not the truth. The truth is, when it was revealed that he was gay, he was subjected to endless harassment from the crew, directors, writers, and even producers of Power Rangers. So he will not be returning.

And I doubt they could simply use footage of Billy morphed into the Blue Ranger and stock voice clips from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers without first getting his approval, either.

Now, I'm curious. Do any of you think it might be possible for them to pull off a team-up with the Dino Thunder and Mighty Morphin Rangers, in spite of these issues?

4489090 Thing is, I'm sure certain things can be put aside for the sake of a single reunion episode that honors the legacy of the franchise. Time does heal old wounds...

4489113 But even time can do nothing about, say, a dead actress.

4489130 But Tanya's actress could return as the yellow Ranger. Did you forget about Tanya? Sure, she was never the yellow Ranger until Zeo, but...

(Or Aisha could return. It wouldn't be the first time an "I'm done with this" came back for a reunion special.)

4489090 Well, I suppose it would largely hing on two factors. The first would be if David Yost ever had an apology offered to him for the harassment he was wrongily subjected to, and the second is if it would be possible to just have someone in the yellow Ranger costume, and hand wave a reason for her to not take off her costume (they did in "Forever Red" with the Red Alien Ranger, and with Scott in the R.P.M/Samurai crossover movie).

4489090 I think it's possible. Even if they couldn't get them to play the 2, what about the new Trini and Billy actors for the PR Reboot movie? Remember that movie is gonna have a whole new cast to play the original 5 rangers. It's plausible if we can't get the original Billy, David Yost to play Billy, the new guy could and explain things in someway that might make sense like they did for Beetleborgs when the actor for the girl Beetleborg had to leave for some reason and they had to replace her with another actor and use an explanation on why she looks different now than she originally did.

The Sentai movie they would be taking footage from only has AbaRed, AbareBlue and Geki show up out of costume. They could just do that. Just get
James Napier, Kevin Duhaney and Austin St John back.

4489243 Speak not of the fan-made movie! Seriously, just don't.

I'm not sure, are the actors for Dino Charge union or non-union?

4489322 I wasn't talking about a fan-made one, I was referring to the 3rd PR movie to be in theaters in production by Saban and Lionsgate, the one slated for 2017 I think? Or 2016?

4489421 I'm still kind of confused as to why they're calling it a "Live Action Movie" if Power Ranger has always been live action to begin with? Yes, since Wild Force the zords have been pretty much rendered in CGI, but that hardly constintues animation.

4490148 Well, that's going to have to wait until Nick lets them start airing new episodes of Dino Charge again. I mean seriously, what is the hold up? It's been over two months since the last episode and there has been no update at all. It's like Nick is purposefully trying to screw the series. I seriously hope Saban doesn't renew that contract when it expires next year. Give Power Rangers to a network that cares, or even put it on Netflix if no one else will take it. Maybe then Nick will realize what they were missing out on.

4490148 link to the tumblr please?

4490512 Agreed plus they kinda came out bad because of the Director I think? Might be confusing them, Judd something or was that the guy who did In Space, Wild Force, and RPM, who's doing DInocharge? The one not screwing it over like the last 2 seasons were? Samurai in my opinion was done well, Megaforce could've used some work during Super Megaforce.

4495156 Samurai would've been better had they not been forced to cram in a second season of 20 episodes, and instead had been allowed to develop more of their own story. The liberties taken with Dayu and Decker never went anywhere, which was very disappointing. And Lauren could've and should've been given a bigger role than her Japanese counterpart. Power Rangers usually goes beyond where Super Sentai ends, and that's what Samurai/Super Samurai needed to do.

Megaforce definitely should not have been extended to Super Megaforce. Heck, Megaforce could've been skipped over and adapted seperately, while Super Megaforce could've aired for the 20th anniversary of the show in 2013. And the ending of Super Megaforce was a disgrace, they drag all these old rangers back for one small fight, and they only did it so they could hype up the final episode.

4495204 Agreed. As for the SMF finale, the least they could've done was give more speaking roles have the rangers fight more and have a massive megazord fight like seen in 199 grand battle. Seriously, that was a great moment to use sentai movie footage then and there and have the Black Cross Fuhur end up being the ultimate form of a long forgotten villain thought to have been destroyed many years ago. CoughDarkSpectorcough

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18