Power Rangers Crossover Group 296 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I expect that after Dino Supercharge the Power Rangers series is ended right..... WRONG! :flutterrage:
A new Power Rangers season has been revealed and it skips ANOTHER Sentai (in this case, ToQger)...
Also the title is kinda stupid and the question of where it will be aired is still unknown...
Anyway that's what I know... See ya.

Link : http://news.tokunation.com/2016/01/09/2017-power-rangers-series-revealed-ninja-steel-trademark-filed-31199

4984254 To be fair, I can understand why they decided to skip ToQger. Trains are nowhere no a prominent in America as Japan or Europe, so the design them of the sentai would probably not be as appealing to a western audience. Also, there were several aspects of ToQger that got a fairly negative reception, from the suits being considered something from one would more likely see in a parody, to the mecha and merchandise designs were considered extremely uninspired and a blatant rip-off of all of Go-Onger. Finally, let's not forget that ToQ-Oh's design was mocked for the part that be unfolded to long like the robot has a boner, not helped by when they actually do that in the show.

4984351 Still, it would have been nice if we could have finally been given an OFFICIAL Orange Ranger. But sadly, t'was never meant to be.

4984354 at least we get a golden cowboy, and I consider that a win.

Side note: buy the ninninger stuff while you can because I already fear how crappy the megazord toy will be.

4984354 There's always the possibility of an American ranger becoming the first Orange ranger. We've had American rangers with the Titanium Ranger in LIghtspeed Rescue, and the Spirit Rangers in Jungle Fury. Or they could go the route of "Alien Rangers" and use the costumes as a secondary ranger team in a mini series at the end of a season.

4984684 Wasn't the Titanium Ranger from different Sentai than the one that was adapted into Lightspeed or am I misremembering?

4984849 You're misremembering. He was a new ranger that was made for Lightspeed Rescue, but some people compared his costume to the outfits from Turboranger. It was the MMPR white ranger that came from a different sentai than the rest.

4984849 Well, you're right and wrong. The Titanium Ranger was a repurposed suit from a different Sentai series adapted because Lightspeed Resuce's counterpart did not have a sixith ranger. Originally, Go Go V was going to have the sixith ranger as Go Go Silver, but it was dropped due to budget problems, and the solarzord was controlled remotely. Saban created the Titanium Ranger to keep the tradition of the sixith ranger alive, and it was not until Dino Thunder that the trend was broken in terms of numbers. The lack of source material for a sixith ranger explains why Ryan was absent for most of Lightspeed Rescue.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8