Power Rangers Crossover Group 296 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Okay, so this is the trailer for Power Rangers Super Megaforce.

Looks epic, right? But take a look at 1:54 and 1:59. Those Ranger Keys and costumes are from Gosei Sentai Dairanger. The only real inclusion they got in Power Rangers was for their Kiden Beasts to be used as the Thunderzords and Kibaranger as the White Ranger in MMPR Season 2.

What makes this really jarring is the fact that we were explicitly told that they would not be using any of the teams from before Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger, AKA MMPR Season 1!

Did they suddenly change their minds? Or did they figure out that they'd have to at least include Dairanger, since no matter how they tried to edit Troy's dream, Ryuuranger's appearance was just something they couldn't edit out.

2531453 I think the appearances of the Dairangers is either a screw-up, or they're going to go with the scrapped "Ancient Rangers" idea from Lost Galaxy.

What really bothers me is that they are making the transition from 'Mega Force' to 'Super Mega Force' with the exact same team, even when the themes aren't even related! Not to mention that the show tittles don't even adress said themes! Heck, I'm sure they aren't gonna adress that 'Super Mega Force' (lame name) has a Pirate theme!

2537157 I'm not, but I saw that ad when I was bored one day, and the way it showed stuff that's obviously from Gosei Sentai Dairanger gave me a WTF moment.

Because nothing short of extensive retconning will allow them to recreate them as a Power Rangers team without causing a Series Continuity Error of massive proportions. After all, it would be kind of obvious that the White Ranger costume is fairly similar to the Dairanger costumes, since that costume originally belonged to Dairanger's Howling New Star, Kibaranger..

I think Megaforce no longer even cares about the good actors and plots that made the classics so good, and they only care about the whole Merchandise Driven angle of things.

2571978 Basically, the Super Sentai Series that Super Megaforce is going to be an adaptation of, Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, had the gimmick of them being able to use Ranger Keys, which contained the powers of the previous Sentai warriors, to transform into those past Sentai warriors.

So after going with angels who use cards as the theme, they're going to suddenly change it to pirates who use the powers of the previous teams.

2565044 I doubt we'll see an Akibaranger adaptation.

But assuming they plan to do Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger, we just might get our team without a yellow ranger. Of course, considering what Power Rangers has been like lately, I doubt it will be a very good adaptation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12