Power Rangers Crossover Group 296 members · 134 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

Basically, Taisen means War. Super Hero Taisen is a bunch of movies that were about conflicts between groups of Tokusatsu heroes.

First we had Kamen Rider vs. Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen, which was every Kamen Rider up to the current series, Kamen Rider Fourze, and every team of Super Sentai, up to the current team, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, fighting a truly massive battle. Dai-Shocker, the enemies from Kamen Rider Decade, had been reformed, with Decade himself leading them this time. And the Zangyack Empire, which the Gokaigers had defeated, were reformed, with Captain Marvelous, AKA Gokai Red, leading them. And this time, they had a whole army of monsters from the past teams.

I was okay with that movie, except for two things. First off, the return of the Gokai Changes. At the end of Gokaiger, the Gokaigers returned the Ranger Keys of the past 34 teams to the people who originally wielded their powers. So how the hell was he able to use them again?

Second, how the hell did he get split up from his team in the first place?

Then we had Kamen Rider vs. Super Sentai vs. Space Sheriff: Super Hero Taisen Z. This time, the main focus is on the Go-Busters, Haruto Souma, AKA the new Kamen Rider, Kamen Rider Wizard, and Geki Jumonji, AKA Space Sheriff Gavan Type-G. However, the insistence of trying to fit in as many other teams, both Riders and Sentai, as possible made it kind of confusing for me. Then we got a massive Asspull when the Gokaigers showed up to help Geki, and he gave them a bunch of Metal Hero Keys, which he just happened to have with him. That was one colossal Asspull, and just like the Kamen Rider OOO Keys in Super Hero Taisen, they didn't even bother trying to use their new powers in battle. Instead, they just Gokai Changed into them and then summoned the GokaiGalleon Buster so they could use those new Keys to power their weapon.

Let me tell you, I was relieved when I saw the roster for Heisei Rider vs. Showa Rider: Kamen Rider Taisen feat. Super Sentai, because while it's going to have every single Main Kamen Rider from every series, it will only have ten other Riders (five Secondary Riders, three Tertiary Riders, and two Extra Riders) and only two teams of Super Sentai: The Kyoryugers and the ToQgers. This gives me hope that the movie will be much better then its predecessors.

2982688 It turns out he and Tsukasa (Decade) actually knew that their enemies had an ulterior motive for provoking a war between the Riders and Sentai, which was combine the Super Crisis Fortress and the Gigant Horse into the Big Machine. So they each pretended to kill members of the other side, with Decade fighting the Sentai while Marvelous fought the Riders, but secretly hid them behind a dimensional curtain. Then, when it was just the two of them on the battlefield, they fought to a standstill, and when their enemies revealed their true objective, they revealed that they knew all along what their enemies were really up to, and now that they knew what their real goal was, it was time to reveal their trump card!

And one of the enemies, Bio Hunter Silva from Choudenshi Bioman, had been revived as Rider Hunter Silva, able to detect Rider particles. He thought after Tsukasa and Marvelous had fought each other to a draw that the number of Rider and Sentai particles had been reduced to zero. I bet he almost blew a fuse when the number of Rider and Sentai particles shot through the roof!

Of course, even though they had managed to stop their enemies from forming the Big Machine, Daiki Kaito, Kamen Rider Diend and the Second Rider in Decade, was mad at Tsukasa for trampling on their friendship like that, so he formed it anyway, in the hopes of getting revenge.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3