Sunset Shimmer 4,951 members · 6,843 stories
Comments ( 28 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 28

So I was wondering, if Sunset (either in Equestria, or the human world) were to have a personal pet (like the mane 6), what would it be, and what would she name it?
In some of the Sunset (AU) stories I will write in the future, I see her having a raven named Nevermore.

A Creeper Nobody named Spirit.:trollestia:

Uuuhhh....:twilightoops::rainbowhuh:
I'm guessing that's a reference to something I don't know about.:applejackunsure:

3484148 he's referencing an enemy from Kingdom Hearts 2, I though she would have a pet lizard like an iguana or something

Albi
Group Contributor

3484129 Why a creeper? Those are the weakest ones.

I'd give her a falcon! Yeah, that's all I got.

Okay then (for a moment I was going to say Minecraft :derpytongue2::rainbowderp::twilightoops:).
Hmmm, interesting. Maybe she could adopt Joanna the Goanna (Australian species of Monitor lizards) from Disney's The Rescuers Down Under?:pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh:

Cool.:rainbowdetermined2:
Even though a falcon is more RD type (and almost became one), that would be an interesting choice.
Funny though, I was going to assume you would say a certain dog named Spot.

With a smile and laugh
He can bright up your day
Like the Sun peeking over a hill.
And his eyes give a wink
'Cause he's ready to play
Come along, it'll be quite a thrill.
There's a brand new world
To discover!
Let's uncover
What he's got!
Every-one, is having lots of fun
With a Friend
Named
Spot!
(*Doot-doo*)

Albi
Group Contributor

3484177 Just came to me! A snake would be good for her, too!

Oh definitely a Snake for sure!:raritywink::pinkiecrazy:
:twilightoops:: Eeep!
Actually, it's kinda my head cannon that Sunset Shimmer is born in the Chinese Year of the Snake. And considering she made her debut in EG last year (2013 - the Year of the Snake), that's no coincidence I'd say.:moustache::ajsmug:

3484033 Celestia and Luna have pets to. (just fyi)

Anyway, I think she could maybe have a salamander.

Well I know Celsestia has Philomena, but what does Luna have? (Does she even have a pet?)

Hmmm, maybe one of those giant Japanese salamanders? :pinkiecrazy::rainbowdetermined2::trollestia:

Well I know Celsestia has Philomena, but what does Luna have? (Does she even have a pet?)

In Luna's micro-series comic she takes in a possum and names him Tiberius.

Hmmm, maybe one of those giant Japanese salamanders?

Actually I was thinking of the mythological salamander.

Cool. I personally would see her having a wolf or a black leopard (panther).:pinkiehappy:

Oh.:twilightoops:
Yeah, maybe.

None of the Organization members control the Creepers. Plus, in my KH headcanon, she replaced Roxas as No. XII. Her attribute is Spirit.

Albi
Group Contributor

3484368 You mean XIII. And if she replaces Roxas, shouldn't her nobodies be the Samurai?

:facehoof:
Now… I just feel stupid. Either I need to modify mu story l, or Roxas needs his Nobodies back.

I gotta say that Sunset Shimmer's color scheme reminds me alot of Philomena, Celestia's pet phoenix. So if I were giving her a pet, a phoenix would be up on the top of the list.

Or, it could be that she used to have one, or wanted to have one, but her impatient nature and attitude drove them away. So she might have to get a different pet.

Also, it kind of depends on the story and if she has any particularly thematic magical powers.

Phoenix - Symbolizes immortality along with fire, changing, and rebirth. She might have gotten some of its feathers to use as potion ingredients to prolong her life (I always kind of though it would make sense for Sunset Shimmer to be secretly a few hundred years old since she was supposed to be a former student of Celestia's. But there has been nothing in-universe to support this, sadly) and over time the phoenix left due to her selfish attitude and later on she has to become a better person and make up for her actions to figurativley (and possibly literally) become a new person. Then the phoenix returns to her once she becomes nice again.

Raven - You mentioned it and that sounds interesting. Maybe Sunset Shimmer can use magic to spy on others through Nevermore's eyes, so her raven would be like her own little spy or thief.

Cat - Cats are a staple for villains or witches, which Sunset shimmer could easily be. Maybe in the human world, Sunset Shimmer is limited in what sort of magic she can do and is thus limited to brewing potions and the like? Can imagine her brewing some potions in a (charmingly modern) pot while her cat looks on.

Dog - Dogs are loyal no matter what their masters do or where they are. Plus, cats can carry Toxoplasma gondii which is a nasty parasite that can crawl into your brain. Maybe Sunset Shimmer has a nice little dog as a pet which she can alternatly order to track things for her, use some magical spying power let her track her enemies, or dig up things for her.

Wow.
You talking about Sunset having a Phoenix reminded me of two things:
1. This totally awesome Deviantart picture of Alicorn Sunset flying in the forest with a phoenix (possibly as her pet).
2. The Phantom Phoenix. If you want to know more about that, I'll PM you (spoiler alerts for my Kung Fu Panda crossover fic though).

Now about the Raven, there are several reasons I mentioned/chose that-
First of all, a black raven would go well next to Sunset and her colour scheme ( we already know she likes to wear black hooded-cloaks and leather jackets). The Raven is often considered a very intelligent, yet mischievous (trickster or thief- just like Sunset) bird, and both the Raven and Sunset could act as a contrast to Twilight and Owlowiscious. Plus, it's kinda me making a comparison/ reference of Sunset with Maleficent. In both Chinese and Native American (mainly North-west Pacific coast) folklore/mythology, the raven (or crow sometimes) is associated with stories about the Sun (or suns).

Cats- Yeah, I can really see her being a cat person (pony?). Cats are rather self-reliant (like Sunny). Also, it's my little head-cannon that Sunset Shimmer is a Leo (and possibly born during the Chinese hours of the Tiger).

Dog- umm...that's one interesting reason I guess.

I thought snake also, a python to be exact named Junder sort for Jörmungandr, I Actually thought of putting him in a story I have in the future.

Cool, I look forward t that. May I ask what that name means?

Its from Norse mythology, Jörmungandr is one of the children of Loki and is a serpent so giant that it can wrap itself around the earth and is Thor's mortal enemy.

Albi
Group Contributor

3494546 The odd coincidence is that I was just researching that a few days ago. Funny how life works.

I would give her a snake, to hang coiled around her neck and spit venom into her enemies. Yeah, red spitting cobra. Bonus points for utility usage (IR-vision, tremorsense, shared vision of some sort etc)

Oh Cool! I forgot what the name of that serpent was, thanks.:rainbowdetermined2:

Hmm, what a coincidence. I always thought that her human hair style (from a certain angle) makes her look a lot like a cobra with its 'hood' up.:rainbowderp:

Okay. Maybe Starscales. Get it?:derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh::trollestia:

Maybe a horse? Since she got her new outfit, her boots remind me of a jockey. Maybe call him Jumbo Speedy Seven Forty Seven.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 28