High Quality Spike Shipping 1,530 members · 779 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

I don't really ship these two at all. I am here to see if you all agree that this is one of the best representations of adult Spike ever.

And maybe we could discuss some shipping, any Spike faves? Or ships that could most likely happen?

I agree that it's a very good representation of adult Spike. Better than in the show, actually.

As for shipping, the show has more or less ruined Spike/Rarity for me. The way the writers handle it is just horribly immature. It's full of unfortunate implications. She's essentially letting him on all the time. And don't let me get started on Secret of My Excess. He has a growth spurt indicating maturity, then he changes back to his infant form for her sake, they do something that looks like professing their love for each other, and then next episode everything is back to status quo. What the hell, writers? I wonder if they even realize all the unfortunate implications of that episode. It's always the same. The writers simply can't handle romance. It's particularly bad with Spike/Rarity, but it also applies to the other canon ships. Flashlight doesn't work because Flash Sentry isn't even a proper character, and Cadence and Shining Armor have a relationship that seems healthy, but is also incredibly boring. As for fanfiction, there are a few good authors that can handle the Spike/Rarity ship in ways I can still enjoy. Most of them involve Spike in the dominant position. But I'm fairly certain that I will never touch the Spike/Rarity ship in any of my own stories.

Spike/Twilight isn't that bad, but it's also full of unfortunate implications. I guess I'll also never touch that one again.

I think my favorite ship is Spike/Fluttershy. It simply makes so much sense. Fluttershy reacted positively to him the very second she saw him. Also, they both struggle with low self-esteem, and they both stand a bit outside the main group.

As for Crack Ships, my favorite is Spike/Chrysalis. :pinkiecrazy:

Flashlight doesn't work because Flash Sentry isn't even a proper character

Main reason why he is not my most favorite character. Honestly, I think he would turn around if they gave him some damn development.

Spike/Twilight isn't that bad, but it's also full of unfortunate implications. I guess I'll also never touch that one again.

I did, made it to the feature box for two days, but the comments were full of “whether this is incest or not?” I don't really take it as incest given that they aren't related by blood. I can see why a lot of people would take it that way, but I just don't see it (then again it was clop). Honestly, if those two do ever hook up, I can see just the same relationship with the romance professional in public, and saucy behind closed doors.

I think my favorite ship is Spike/Fluttershy. It simply makes so much sense. Fluttershy reacted positively to him the very second she saw him.

That one falls under my list of most probable next to TwiSpike. But I also like Spike/Applejack. It feels right, maybe someday they'll both just look at their friends significant others and come together. I dunno, I just like it...

Spike really does rock that soul patch/goatee/chin beard look, and the facial expression is just absolutely perfect. As for ships, I suppose as much as I love Sparity (and by extension Sparijack), it's probably very unlikely to ever become true in canon. On the upside, this particular ship does admittedly look rather cute (not to mention their little Dracony baby).

It does, note how the artist covers Scoots cutie mark, if she has one:rainbowderp:

I did, made it to the feature box for two days, but the comments were full of “whether this is incest or not?” I don't really take it as incest given that they aren't related by blood. I can see why a lot of people would take it that way, but I just don't see it (then again it was clop).

It's not the incest that bothers me. Aside from the fact that this isn't even biological incest, I have no trouble with incest in fictional settings anyway.

What really troubles me about Spike/Twilight is the power difference. Twilight is both his legal guardian and his employer, and that is already an unfortunate situation in more than one sense. Add romance and it gets far worse.

Twilight is both his legal guardian and his employer, and that is already an unfortunate situation in more than one sense.

True, which is probably the reason why most of the more well minded bronies that actually know how the world works usually have a problem.

Hmmm...I believe a Spike/Scoots pairing could work, just as well as with any of the other CMC members. My favorite pairing is Spike/Fluttershy but authors on here can sometimes make really compelling Spike/Twilight, or just about any other pairings work or seem somewhat plausible given certain circumstances in the stories. Canon-wise I disapprove of the Spike and Rarity thing because it's just been going on forever without any real progress and I think Spike should probably just look for someone else already. In regards to unorthodox ships my favorites are Spike/Chrysalis and Spike/Zecora but I've also seen some great Spike/Celestia and Spike/Luna stories. Gotta love FIMFiction.

4603387 Hmm. A workaround for that could be to show how much Spike takes care of Twilight as much as she takes care of him. Not like brother and sister, but more like het life partners (although I don't think my writing skill would be good enough to nullify any potential problems).

The only good twispike fics I've seen with this are when either Spike leaves for a time and grows up only to come back, or Spike is a different character altogether and he meets up with Twilight.

Well, I wrote a clop where Spike was ponyfied. Cliché I know

That's some sexy, confident Scootaloo. I like.

I pretty much love any sort of Spike shipping where he's rejected by Rarity and she regrets it / gets upset/healous when she sees him moving on in life without her.

I love this version of adult Spike and Scootaloo.

Due to the way the writers did Spike he can be shipped with the mane 6, cmc, and the twin princesses without coming off impossible.

Spike/Twilight: They have know each other the longest and he is the only one able to keep up with her

Spike/Rarity: He is everything that Rarity wants in a man, but I think they are both too scared to try to go further

Spike/Rainbow: Both their characters play off on another and if RD was a guy I could see a bromance between them

Spike/Pinkie: He can bake, has a kinda sarcastic humor, loves a product of rocks, and has some fourth wall skills

Spike/AppleJack: They are both the straight man of the group and both have a solid work ethic

Spike/Fluttershy: She trusts him enough to take care of her animals and was the first person to want to know about him

Spike/Sweetie: Sweetie is a less high strung and low self-esteem Rarity and most spikebelle stories have Spike show her that she does not have to compete with her sister

Spike/Applebloom: Spike is the adult the Applebloom wants to be; he has a job, isn't really babied, and people trust him to do things on his own and if written write it could be a nice coming of age story.

Spike/Scootaloo: He is cool to her; doesn't go to school, hangs out with her idol, and can breathe fire(same as RD)

Spike/Luna: Two people who feel they do not belong and thanks to the comics they are pretty cool when they are together

Spike/Celestia: Truthfully I can only see this happening after the main six die and Spike becomes one of the few people Celestia can trust.

4603326 This is actually my favourite Spike ship.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13