Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

So, I was browsing Facebook and TvTropes during one of my breaks at works when I saw this:
The last five episodes of season 3 are going to be online only
If they really wanted the show to do better, they'd publicize it more and not just yank us around like this.

Your homework is to go home and set a sponge on fire

Are you sure?.. Damn, well I guess it will be easier for me to watch it. Still a stupid move on their part, still no mentioning about out right canceling the upcoming seasons so that's good

3475721 It's official. Nick is dead. They shunt all their good shows to Nicktoons, and then cancel or ruin what little shows gave them enough support to remain. I hope the final t.v. episode draws in more views than every other episode of LOK combined, and makes Nick reconsider. They can't get away with this! :flutterrage:

3475721 3475740 3475817
Well no duh this is happening, it's a well written, actually entertaining show. In other words they ACTUALLY need to work. Look, I won't say let's just be happy it got this far, because we were promised more, but at least it didn't go the way of amazing shows like Motorcity, which was pushed to a dead hour just so that they could finish it, despite being one of the absolute most amazing things ever.

Or Gravity Falls which was pushed off mainstream Disney onto XD for the reasons of, none really.

Sad but true TV is slowly becoming crap, good shows end before their time or get pushed away, fact is that if it's good you should be happy of it gets a season two, because in the end why bother putting any effort into anything when everyone else is just airing hillbilly shows?

TV for the most part is terrible nowadays, a sad but true fact. They pander to the lowest common denominator, because they're gonna watch whatever is put in front of them.

I mean look at some of the TV today, TLC alone is enough to make me depressed (very, very, VERY depressed), and then there's shows like Jerry Springer or Murry that are older then some of us yet continue despite being nothing but human garbage.

Honestly, at least it'll still finish online, at least it wasn't sentenced to death. Fact is, never fall in love with TV, because odds are if they're worth actually watching they won't make it to long.

Actually, guys I don't see this as the end of the world. You need to remember, the Mexican site leaked a few of season 3's episodes and caught Nickelodeon offguard. For all we know, they might have been saving the release date at Comic-Con. Also, I REALLY don't see this as a bad thing. More people watch the show online anyway and the new target audience is teenagers who are always on the go and may not have time to watch it on cable. Yes it's a little one-sided and a compromise would have been nice but still better than nothing.

3475721 3475740 3475817 3476662
And thus, with that half hour of amazingnes finished, we have no reason to actually watch Nick anymore, Nicktoons yes, Nick.com yes, but actual nick? Not so much.

Let's see their current line up shall we?

SpongeBob SquarePants: Dead for how long now?

The Fairly OddParents: Again dead for how long?

The Penguins of Madagascar: Hole sh:yay:t that's still on? Still not worth it.

NFL Rush Zone: Did anyone even know this was a thing? Not that it matters Nicktoons.

T.U.F.F. Puppy: Again now on Nicktoons, even then it's a nich.

Winx Club: I haven't seen it since it was on 4Kids, is this still good?

Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness: Really, that's still on too?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Alright, they got me there (gotta catch up though).

Sanjay and Craig: No comment.

AwesomenessTV: The name alone sealed its fate, if you need to declare you're awesome chances are you're not.

The Haunted Hathaways: Hey, we live in this house, and its haunted, but the ghosts are a zany family, IT'S FUNNY! (No it's not)

Rabbids Invasion: Is it wrong to say the power the Rabbids have attained makes me physically sick? At least Rayman got his series back, but still...

The Thundermans: Hey we're a family of super heroes IT'S FUNNY! (Again not really)

Every Witch Way: No comment, just a crappy tween sitcom, basically the poor, poor, poor, poor mans Sabrina from what I understand (now that was a show worth while).

Power Rangers Megaforce: Really, that's still alive? I suppose that's passable for children.

Breadwinners:... If I may, the theme song.

So yeah, Nick.com for Korra, Nicktoons occasionally for some nostalgia, but for the most part they've sealed their own fate.

How I wish I could say that, but in an age where this can be one of the largest TV phenomenons.

Well, at least they're not that bad, they'll live, but not with my assistance.

I'm gonna go watch a show from a good network now.

PEACE OUT!

Spongebob: It's beyond redemption now. "Spongebob You're Fired" is a sign that the writers don't have an original idea left in their mind. And then there's apalling episodes like "One Coarse Meal", "Demolition Dufus", "Truth or Square", and "Atlantis Squarepantis".

The Fairly Odd Parents: If nothing else, I think they should've stopped after that first live action movie. The inclusion of the dog is proof that they're running out of ideas.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Probably the one thing keeping Nick from going under.

The Penguins of Madagascar: It's still going strong, but Nick rarely shows it so what difference does it make?

NFL Rush Zone: Maybe it's popular on Nicktoons, but when you're up against hard hitting nostaglia shows and movies there's only so much you can do.

T.U.F.F Puppy: Nicktoons seems to have a use for it.

Winx Club: It's still around, from what I know.

Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness: Pretty much the same case as The Penguins.

Sanjay and Craig: Why does it exist?!

AwesomenessTV: Did they seriously think it was going to work?

The Haunted Hathaways: Yawn.

Rabbids Invasion: It's hillarious, but it would probably be just as enjoyable on any other network.

The Thundermans: A family of superheros, gee, I've NEVER heard of that before. :ajbemused:

Every Witch Way: I'm not even going to ask.

Power Rangers Megaforce: Nick isn't really capitalizing on their deal with Saban, especially considering their treatment of Digimon Fusion. Maybe Saban should've gone to Cartoon Network instead.

Breadwinners: Kill it with fire!

Fanboy and Chum Chum: At least it's not producing new episodes anymore.

Actually, I think this is one of the reasons it's going online and, if that's what's in store going down the road, I wouldn't blame them

3480433 And now I'm forced to use this clip

3480433 I see, but Korra hasn't always been the most kid friendly cartoon to begin with. If they could get away with what happened to Lin I think the censors would let that slide.

3480711 Still, makes me wonder if those five episodes contain material where even Nickelodeon drew the line. And keep in mind, this is the same studio that said it was okay for TMNT to have a human being mutate into a glob of acidic goop WITH HIS ORGANS FLOATING GRAPHICALLY INSIDE IT.

3480813 Considering what modern Spongebob has gotten away with I doubt there's much of anything short of killing a character on-screen in a graphic way would be considered too much for Nick.

3480830 We'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I'll probably get a whole lot of hate for this but...It's probably a good move.

I mean, sure, it's one of the only good things on the channel (or so I heard) and taking it out is as dumb as trowing a tea party to azuia, but still.

I don't live in the us, I never did, and the only season that was dubbed, in my country, was the first, they're showing ATLA instead, which is awesome, of course, it's a great series but...

The decision was made because the online ratings were greater than the tv ratings, which makes sense, I did watch them legally on nick's website. But what were my options for the new season? I'll say it, I've been watching them on fansites and the like.

Maybe this way I can support them, and watch them legally? If they don't limit it to the US.

Well, I don't know. we're still getting the episodes, and for me, nothing changed. Would anyone care to explain why this is a bad thing and "They hate korra"?

3481741 It just seems like Nick is getting rid of one of the shows that keeps them on the air, simply becuase they did a poor job of promoting the new season, and then aired three whole episodes during the premiere. So naturally, the ratings suffered for it, and rather then learn from that mistake, Nick seems to esentially think the show isn't popular enough to remain on their network. Even Cartoon Network has never done this to shows that it failed to promote properly. Even if the show is more popular online, they could've still kept it on air for those who wanted to see it.

3482050 Ah yeah, didn't they change the series airing time and day from saturday morning to friday night? Like, the time where most of their target audience is either out (partying and such) or asleep?

From the quality of the animation they could at least show the rest of the episodes, it looks like it costed millions!

But still, this is nothing new, remember Invader Zim? Those bastards cancelled it!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16