Comments ( 37 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 37

It's coming this September to Nickelodeon

1339057 I'm afraid I never watched the legend of korra :ajsleepy:

Hoooolyyyy shit.... Good God it's going to be epic! Why am I thinking that we get to see more about the history of the Avatar... and Wan Shi Tong is back!

Now I wonder do I need to go back and redo The First Avatar and the Last Airbender on FFN

1339098 Well give it a try and see what you think. It's shorter then Avatar: The Last AIrbender but it doesn't have filler material. The end of the first book if you make it that far will have you in tears.

It's on Netflicks I believe and it's just been released on DVD and BluRay. SuperPink is right, it is shorter than a AtLA season but it lacks fillers and the creators have far tighter control over the series, which I think was their way of avoiding the mistakes Shamaladingdong did

Same here... :ajsleepy:

My main complaint with Book four was that it was too short. Twelve episodes were not enough to properly go over everything that they did.
Books 1-3 had better pacing.

Why is lightning bending so common in TLoK? It was portrayed as being extremely difficult to master, let alone use in the AtlA. It was also a sure one hit kill move, which has been nerfed in the latest series.

If you mean LoK: Air they had a reason. Nick only commissioned that many episodes at that point, thus the writers had to work within the constraints of a short season. I think part of the reason was Nick was unsure if LoK would be sucessful after the mess made by the live action movie that we shall not ever talk about.

1339258 That and the fact that unlike the previous animated series there weren't any filler episodes. So that meant every episode contributed to the story in some way.

What movie?:trollestia:
There wasn't a DragonBall live action movie either.:applejackconfused:

That too, though now with confirmation of four seasons total it will be interesting to see how the writers will link the seasons

Having never seen it I cannot confirm nor deny the existence of the Dragonball movie

1339281 Indeed. From the looks of things Korra will at some point in the next book be able to access the Avatar State so it will be intresting to see what sort of struggles she'll go through. Especially since unlike Aang she's a teenager and thus has more problems dealing with friends, family, and potential love intrests.

I swear in the flashbacks that we the First Avatar, I know that's wishful thinking on my part that would be interesting to see. And utterly make my AtLA crossover on FFN completely AU, more so than it already is.

1339343 That looked more like Avatar Koishi (I know I spelled that wrong) to me.

There was one person they kept showing, the wiki says it the owl librarian but I'm not sure

well it seems like they use it to generate energy, therefore it has probably been mastered by a lot more people due to necessity. Without it, they would of had to change the steam-punk setting of republic city.

By actually making them use steam power?

1339656 Maybe. The idea is suppose to be that the setting for ATLOK is something of a traditional roaring 20's city whereas ATLAB was more mid 19th century.

Super it's the 21st century and most of out electrical power comes from steam powered turbines

1339687 So this is fiction, fiction never has to be completly historically accurate. I mean we're talking about people who can bend elemental powers at will here.

In other words this is fiction, your arugement is invalid.

If they were to explain it as a completely different technique, I'd buy that.
What I mean is, maybe actual "Lightning" bending took more energy, and this knock off used less power by pulling from a different source altogether?

In the show, the way you created lightning was by separating a large amount of energy, and then letting it rush back together catastrophically in a directed form.
Maybe this new version just does the same thing on a much smaller scale.

Or maybe they just changed the rules of the game to fit their needs.

quite likely they just changed the rules of it. It's possible they use the static naturally on their bodies to create an easier to use and weaker shock

I'm hoping it's the latter, because blood bending makes water bending way too OP, and fire benders need a cheap move to counter that.

how does bloodbending make waterbenders op?. It can only be used on the full moon I believe. The other guy (I forgot his name) could only use it because his family were natural bloodbenders of something like that.

Just like how only a few could lightning bend, but now practically everyone can. The rules of the game are changing.

I guess, But with time comes change. I guess it's only fair that when Earthbenders get metal bending, they give other benders something as well. Air is the only one that doesn't seem to have it's next step.

Create an air tornado and pull all the oxygen out of someones lungs?

sound bending seems popular, oxygen bending seems more op than blood bending

Except if any bender is caught by blood bending, there's literally nothing they can do to defend themselves. (Unless they're the Avatar)

Or if they are of equal power to the bloodbender. And if you really want to OP an Airbender, they can pull the oxygen out of their blood

Theoretically an earth bender could pull the iron out of someone's body, though I don't know how effective that would be in combat.

Well... their opponent would be dead and the Earthbender would now have about 4 grams of pure iron to play with. What an earthbender is more likely to do is break the bones of their opponent via bending since bone is mostly minerals. Of course while that would be cool it would also be more practical to chunk a large rock at someone to get the same effect.

Bending bone would become useful in environments which don't have enough earth for the bender to use, or that the bender has difficulty using. Places like the north pole of deserts.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 37