Flipverse 293 members · 7 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Bed Head
Group Admin

It is 2 AM

Staying up this late on a Friday night is nothing new for me, but I've had this idea bouncing around in my head for so long...

What the heck. Just for kicks, I want to put up how I think an opening song and animation sequence for the Flipverse Friendship is Magic might go! At the very least, everyone can have some laughs, right?

Without further ado...

Friendship is Magic Intro

Flipverse Edition

*As the music starts, the camera is panning down the mountains. It's following a train coming down from Canterlot.*

My Little Pony

My Little Pony...

*Spike is visible in the window of the train with Twilight.*

Aaaaah, aaaah, aaaah, aaaaah...

*The train moves into a thick patch of clouds...*

MY LITTLE PONY!

*The camera snaps below the clouds, revealing Ponyville. The streets are bustling with various background ponies as we're shown the train station. The train pulls up, and Spike disembarks with Twilight on his back.*

I always thought one was enough for me
MY LITTLE PONY!

*Spike trots down the platform, dodging some other ponies. He pulls to a stop and smiles, the camera spinning to reveal Big Mac, Thunderlane, Ditzy Doo, Time Turner, and Cheerilee.*

But with you all here, now I can see!

*The camera blurs bringing us to...

Cheerilee, standing by her school house. She's ushering several of her students inside, all of them smiling up at her.*

Lovely smiles!

*Applebloom, Rumble, and Dinky Doo dash past, kicking up a cloud of flowers. The flowers cover the camera...

When they clear we see Big Mac. He's standing in the middle of a field of apple trees, calmly lifting one hoof*

Strength to share.

*Mac brings his leg down, and apples tumble from all the trees around him. A pile of them covers the camera, rolling away to show...

Thunderlane perched on a storm cloud. He gives a smile and a quick salute.*

An honest soul!

*He kicks off the cloud, causing it to burst into a barrage of lightning. The electricity covers the camera...

When it's gone, Time Turner is carrying a stack of papers. He sets them on a desk in front of Mayor Mare with smile on his face.*

And time to spare!

*Mayor Mare pulls down a paper, only for the whole stack to topple. They fly all over, covering the camera as Time Turner dives to catch them...

They've blown away to reveal Ditzy Doo. She's holding a bubble wand and is blowing bubbles over the head of a giggling Dinky Doo.*

Spreading laughter!

*The bubbles fill the screen, only to vanish in a flash of light. We have a closeup of Twilight fiddling with her camera*

It's an easy feat!

*Twilight glows green and is yanked away. Our view spins to follow, just in time to show Spike setting her on his back with his magic. He, Twilight, and the other Flipped Six all group up and smile.*

And magic makes it

ALL COMPLETE!

*The camera goes off, another flash filling the screen. When it's cleared we see Ink Blot (Spike's editor) looking over a paper with an approving nod.*

You've got

MY LITTLE PONY!

*Ink Blot pulls a lever, and a printing press behind him starts up. A newspaper flies off, spinning at the camera. It shows the picture of Spike and his friends on the front page, with the headline "FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC."*

You can never have too many true

FRIENDS

Whew, that was fun. This isn't necessarily a finished version I suppose, or even going to be used in my fics... but hey, I wanted to get it out there to share. Thanks to folks who saw and commented on my original blog post for their input that helped me get it this far. And thanks in advance to anyone that has something to say about it now! I'm not much of a song writer I admit, but I'm hoping this at least looks/sounds good.

That was truly awesome. I always love hearing 'verse renditions of songs from canon.

I also can't (but I totally will, I swear) wait for you to do a Flipverse version of the PonyTones episode, because I wanna see how the Flipped Six deal with helping Big Mac out after he goes and loses his voice.

Interesting. I like it. I especially like how you show what happening as well as the song. Keep up the good work.:pinkiehappy:

Get an animator and a singer. Stat.

Doubleposts: one of life's wonderous hiccupy-internet mysteries.

2917340 Seconded. That is pretty impressive, there. :yay:

Adorable! I love these kinds of things. Plus I heard it to the show's tune! :pinkiehappy:

Bed Head
Group Admin

Just watched the episode actually (I'm a bit behind). You know what? Something like that could work I suppose. Especially given the falls into the same lines as Spike at Your Service.

IE, it should have been aired back in Season 1.

Not saying it was bad, just out of place. A Flipversed version, even if it's just a one-shot of everypony recommending different home remedies to poor Mac could be good for a chuckle.

2934305 Aye, a light chuckle and a breather episode in case you have anything darker planned.

I also can't wait to see how you handle things like Swarm of the Century and all the episodes that actually pertain to the Gala.

Because, as a reporter, Spike could potentially know Hoity-Toity.

And since it was Fluttershy who set off Swarm, I can't see that episode having a different start, though the panic brought out by the princess arriving might not be the same, since she might not be (unless you put this one right after Boast, and she's swinging by a tad too late after hearing that her one time student had been staying in Ponyville), but the Parasprites themselves would be a nuisance either way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9