Human in Equestria 17,006 members · 17,174 stories
Comments ( 57 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 57
Bendy #1 · Jul 30th, 2022 · · 2 ·

I find myself disliking them. I don't like my ponies being evil, killing all humans, and blah blah blah. Or even humans killing all ponies, and blah blah blah. When I read some of these edgy stories, I end up hating either the ponies, or the humans.

I want human and ponies to love one another. I want pony bellies being rubbed by human hands, their ears scratched, be given a nice petting, among other things.

Ye.

Ponies are for petting. And fucking. Not fighting.

Only way i like them is if the humans have to fight a group of evil ponies or creatuers that threaten equestria and world. I dont like ones where humans fighting curropt or evil versons of princesses or main six. I prefer the humans helping them instead.

Me. I don't like humans and ponies fighting without any reasons.

Then why do you always come up with scenarios where the opposite is the case?

You are not the only one.

Their strength is literally friendship. Why fight if you can make friends?

I somewhat agree, but if the stories are still good, I wouldn’t mind giving it a read.

I'm all for a good war story, but most human V pony war stories are... Meh?

Like, okay, one problem I always have is that there are too many humans. Weird complaint, I know. But, every time I've read a human war story I need to remember the name of the president, VP, some random shmuck and his friends, this human soldier, that human soldier, this human who likes ponies, that human who hates ponies, this human with a distinct physical feature, this human with a certain voice, that human who talked to that other human, blah, blah, blah. Too many people to keep track of. With ponies I can remember mane, fur, funny name. And most of the pony soldiers are faceless background characters or an integral character who has a memorable presence.

And all of the war stories are either "Human greed lead to this" or "Celestia caused it". There's no story that really justifies any of the violence.

I used to read my fair share of them myself. But I got tired of them. Just depressing.

Comment posted by TalB deleted Jul 31st, 2022

You know, we get the idea. With one picture instead of a whole barrage of them. And at this rate, we also know you like Megan, a mention of her name does the job ninety-nine percent of the time.

The point of that was to show that there is proof for the ship even if it's all fan made, because she wasn't in the show itself let alone made any direct contact in any official media involving G4 characters.

I get that that was the point. Just saying you don't need to post a whole pin-up board of it. One or two pictures would do the job, dear.

I agree with you - those stories are no fun. Ponies and humans should be friends.

Now imagine a human version of Sunny Starscout if Equestria and the EqG world collided again. That would be adorable...

Agreed, why I didn't reply directly to her post.

I like the idea of a Megan character. It was always a head scratcher to me that young human girls are almost nonexistent in the fanfiction.

I can sort of understand why they don't exist in the TV series and Movies. It sort of sucks the plot potential out of the material if you have to deal with a human character. Does not mean I wouldn't have loved for one to have existed, especially given the existence of Equestrian Girls.

Would make a good fan-fic if a young street kid were to follow Twilight home through the portal, and ended up being adopted by Twilight, because the alternative of sending her home to what she escaped from is intolerable. Yes, she would be a foal, but she'd be looking at the world through a human's pov and that's where the fun comes in.

Why fight each other when they can stand together?

It depends on the fic. Sometimes I greatly enjoy a good conflict fic!

It's the "humans are best" go super military go or the "Ponies are invincible" ones.

I'll admit, I enjoy it when there is singular human (or human turned into something) that is basically dealing with a world that is either passively (or actively ) hostile to them.

That said: pleasant fics are nice too! They can be a great pallete cleanser, with good clean fun. They just don't often have the staying power of a longer fic that I enjoy

well "megan" did appear kinda in one of the eg specials i think she appeared during the one with the theme park

personally im more attracted to their anthro forms more than anything what can i say rarity looks good in stockings you know like the ones female byleth wears in three houses

Ponies are for huggles and fuggles.

Only the sadistic and insecure wish to harm the goodly ponies.

I'm writing a fanfic where the Main 6 go to a lost underground world to convince the humans to come back to the surface after they left due to a friendship problem that happened thousands of years before the founding of Equestria.

The humans have elemental magic and there are good ones and bad ones, but the good ones help the Main 6 fight the bad ones.

After the initial fiction is over, I plan on expanding it into multiple sagas, and hopefully into G5 once we get more content.

Brings a whole new meaning to the term husbandry.

Nothing wrong with fun.

First of all, I'm a man, not a woman, though I do support a lot of women's rights such as abortion, wanting a woman president such as Hillary Clinton, and even being a huge fan of the WNBA, so go Liberty. I for one would have been very happy if Megan was readapted into the FiM series especially since they had so many other characters from G1, where she was from originally, making it only ideal to have her there. Unfortunately, that was never the case, and I feel that the main reason to why we will never see a rebooted Megan Williams would be mainly because the only real reason for existence was just to get people used to the franchise. After that purpose was served, she was pretty much dumped and almost thrown down the memory hole if not for the fans reviving her in the last decades with fanart and fanfictions that even had her with G4 characters despite not being from it herself. From the time I have been here, I have reimagined what the show could have been like if she was to actually appear in and there were even previous topics where I actually took some of the fanart to pass for certain scenes. Even though there are some negatives such as the claim of a forced inclusion, I find that be nothing more than a strawman argument I can easily refute when the same claim can be used for other characters introduced later on, and the same goes with the claim that someone said so, because that too sounds like nothing more than a blanket statement when that can always be lifted. In a way, I find the positives to outweigh the negatives, plus I find it a win-win for both old and new fans, because to us older fans, we get to see the rebirth of someone from our time, while the younger fans get see what it's like to have a human ally for their time. More importantly, her role can be easily adapted to fit in. What's real sad is that any claim of her return to the show was only rumors at most, so whenever it felt too good to be true, it was just that. BTW, for this who read my fanfics, she is NOT an OC that I created, she was a character who existed back in G1, but I guess to those who have never saw it, she will most likely be viewed as such. Nonetheless, I'm probably one of the few to call it a missed opportunity, though I do hope that a generation in the near future will bring her back.

Nothing wrong with it, sure. But how many pictures does it really take to get the point across? There's the term 'wall of text' and then there's a slideshow worth of pictures. Both are annoying to get around.

Sorry about the gender mix up.

I'll have to check out your stories.

I got to see very little of G1 and Megan, but what I did see seemed to portray the ponies as very immature? Please remember I've seen very little of it. It might have been that the shows I saw featured the younger ponies, but I'm not sure of that.

Megan in contrast got to be the grownup in the room.

Comment posted by TalB deleted Jul 30th, 2022

I don't see why that can't work.

I never found that to be her, but rather an easter egg, plus she looks more as she is Molly's age, though she did wear the frilly overalls and shirt a lot better than Megan did back on MLP 'n Friends, but that could be because she looks younger.

In all honesty, I have always portrayed most G4 fans to be much younger than me and not even realize how old the franchise really is. Unfortunately, no other generation besides the first one had human companions, which sort of backs my claim of why we'll probably never get even a reboot of Megan. In a way, she along with her younger siblings of Danny and Molly can almost be unknown to the younger fans sort of like the WNBA where most won't even know about it unless a fan mentions it. I can still remember when I did Royal Origins, and someone thought she was an OC, though this was someone who was too young to even know the franchise was that old who then realized who she really was. Overall, I can't really blame anyone who isn't as old as I am especially if they didn't know how old it really is, which is sort the same with something like Power Rangers, which I have also seen every series of, but that's beside the point.

I would like stories like that a lot more if they weren't a cheap outlet for the author to express their raging nihlism and hatred of their fellow human beings.
I have neither the want nor the need to see their boring and trite The Brothers Karamazov routine repeated in my horse fiction, thank you very much.

Yes and no.

I'm more than old enough to have watched Gen 1, only back then it was not on any channel I had access to.

I might not have even watched Gen 4 if not for social media getting me curious. In Canada it runs on a pre-school channel for some reason.

I had to hunt episodes down.

The best way to destroy your enemy, is turning him into your friend.

What’s the easiest?

Vast majority of them are way, way too edgy and/or dark for me to enjoy... Which is why I skip the genre entirely. SoL and romance stories about ponies and humans interacting, though? That stuff is my jam!

That will be a gun XD

Dude......

not the time or place for this.

Wall of text. :rainbowderp: this can be a Great Wall

In all honesty, why should humans and ponies fight each other? What real quarrel do they really have here? Just because one comes to their world doesn't mean that they have to viewed as an enemy or even a threat in that matter. Unfortunately, there are always those who have such prejudices even if they have no proof and is probably the reason why xenophobia exists in the first place. However, getting to know the other side a bit more can easily stop that fear and stereotype.

Not that you mention it, there aren't that many HIE stories with OCs that are young human girls. Though given that the majority of OCs in stories seem to be males and older OCs outnumber kid OCs, I guess it makes sense why there aren't too many human OCs that are young girls.

I wouldn't even be too surprised if there are more HiE stories that have a human male OC become a filly in Equestria (a trope in itself) than there are HIE stories with human girl OCs, whether she stays in human form or turn into a filly.

Unfortunately, there are ponies living in Equestria that would still have some fear of humans mainly due to never seeing creatures such as them before even if they weren't trying to be a threat to them.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Then again, there are ponies who would be welcoming to humans and even show signs of hospitality to them.

MetaKnight145
Group Admin

When I read some of these edgy stories, I end up hating either the ponies, or the humans.

I usually just hate the writer.

The only time I agree with a fight is between two characters alone, and everyone else is exacerbated by the two of them fighting.

Example:
Responsible Pony: "Would you two knock it off!"
Human/Pony: "She/They/He started it!"

TalB #48 · Aug 1st, 2022 · · 1 ·

Let's not forget there would even be a pony who would be stoked if any humans show up.

Now both Danny and Ranibow Dash are 20% more awesome.

TalB #50 · Aug 2nd, 2022 · · 1 ·

On second thought, maybe humans should think twice when it comes to ponies such as Lyra.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 57