House of D'aww 767 members · 1,169 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

I am trying to shake things up with the power of dance!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

--Sweetie Belle

Why do ponies keep dancing with their backs to each other?

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, it would kinda suck if you were dancing, made the wrong move, an' suddenly you'd stabbed 'em with your horn. Since you're looking back a bunch, it also means you can see if anypony steps on your tail while dancing...

--Sweetie Belle

I didn't know unicorn horns were that dangerous. I heard that unicorns have to wear pillows over their horns to keep themselves from accidentally stabbing anypony they're sleeping with.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I think when you're all grown up, you kinda know where your horn and tail are at all times from practice, so it doesn't happen much. But you learn that from running through doors without checking to see if there was room for your horn, accidentally stepping on tails or having your own get stuck in things, and so on. It's a pain.

--Sweetie Belle

Ponies seem to have pretty good control over their tails.

Maybe they're magic or something.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

We do!

Doesn't mean it won't get stepped on if you aren't careful or watching, tho'.

--Sweetie Belle

My first thought about that was that actual horses usually stand back to back to each other too if they're chilling; since they are prey it's important to spot signs of possible danger as early as possible, and it's also a sign of trust towards the others to turn them their back.

That would be one possible explaination. Maybe they're just trying to show off their butts though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11