Holiday Stories 156 members · 313 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
fallen starr
Group Admin

Heart's and Hooves Day Contest

it is Heart's and Hooves Day today! So I'm beginning a contest!

But Fallen, shouldn't the contest have ended today?

No way! We should celebrate love all year long! Besides, this is a little different that what you might expect.

This contest is about celebrating Heart's and Hooves Day, naturally, but here is the kicker. I don't want it to be romantic. Have a group of friends going out together and enjoying themselves and their platonic love. Have parents and their children celebrating. What about Celestia and Luna loving their country?

Rules:

• Romance cannot be the main topic.
  • Must be between 2500 and 10,000 words.
  • No stories that have been posted before. Anything with a date previous to Feb. 14, 2018 will not be counted.
  • Ratings must be either T or E.

Deadline:
April 14th. If it is not in the folder by 11:59 pm on the night of the 14th, it isn't an entry.

Judging:
I alone will be judging these. I'll be looking for three apects:
Originality
Mechanics
Characterization

Prizes!
1st place:

• An Amazon gift card worth $25 usd.
  • An in depth, chapter by chapter review of a T or E rated story of your choice, provided by me. Story chose should not be more than 50k words
  • A blog post featuring your story

2nd place:

• An in depth, chapter by chapter review of a T or E rated story of your choice, provided by me. Story chose should not be more than 50k words

3rd place:

When you have your work ready, just place it in the contest folder in the group.

Happy writing!
fallen starr

This was somewhat convenient.:rainbowwild:

Me being lazy and not writing a Heart's and Hooves Day story that I've had in mind for about 4 months that just may suit the contest and this contest being announced.

However, the initial idea leans closer to an E rating.

Well, I now have an extra incentive to actually writing the damned thing.:facehoof:

fallen starr
Group Admin

I very much messed up. That should have read T or E. I have no interest in reading an M rated story with this premise. Oops. I look forward to what you write!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3