Among the Infected (Resident Evil Group) 233 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

I had this idea over a year ago, but shared it on another forum which I no longer frequent because of people being cunts/ my excommunication.

But, anyway, this was an Idea I had that I would think may actually work, although I don't believe the budget to make it work would actually be supplied to the project.

I enjoy playing Battlefield, namely Rush, and I enjoy Resident Evil, but I want to make it clear that this is not just me thinking that two good things being combined will somehow make 1 even better thing.

Anyway, what I would envision for this project would be the idea of taking the large scale battles present in a good game of Rush in Battlefield, but combining it with the unorthodox nature and asymmetric gameplay of Resident Evil. This is kind of like the mods to Battlefield that added in Dinosaurs.

Summary:

On one side, lets say the equivilant of the good guys or the US Deployment in BF3, we have the BSAA, who play as normal human combatants and players. They get the standard arsenal of guns gear and gadgets, and except for the sniper or recon class all troopers have one extra free equipment slot for ballistic armor, melee vest, or a hazmat suit. Support wise, the BSAA gets a standard assortment of vehicles, Liferafts, buggies, a light APC, a single plane, specialized helicopters, and on certain maps, Main Battle Tanks.

On the other side, though, we have the terrorists, who are allowed the same weapons, lack the extra slot for free armor, and have a few light vehicles, but what they get in return, though, are monsters and other BOW's present throughout the RE series.

So, that really is the crux of the game, the BSAA is a quasi traditional military outfit fighting against an unorthodox guerilla force that has dirty tricks in store for them.

BOWs:

While there would probably not be a need to go to great lengths to create original BOW's for this game, I believe that the existing lore and monsters present throughout 20 years of Resident Evil would be more than enough create specialized characters to deal and counter the BSAA's support vehicles.

For this idea, I've been using the map Operation Firestorm as the sandbox on how or what things would look like, and I would imagine that certain BOW's like crows would be used to counter snipers camping on the hilltop, Hunters would be good for countering assault buggies, Lickers would be good in the warehouses or refinery areas, and finally things like Tyrants would be the counter to Main Battle Tanks.

The way that the BOw's are used would be that there are cargo containers littered around the defender HQ, and either by interacting with the container or controlling a drone computer, players would activate whatever the contents of the crates are, be it the lickers, crows, Hunters, or things like a trailer that is a trap full of zombies.

Lastly, another idea I had would be a "BOW truck" that is a truck that can be driven around like the Gunboats in BF4 and friendlies can spawn from the truck as it drives, but spawn as Hunters breaking out of their cages.

Gadgets:

This is going to be brief, but with the usual affair of explosives would be selectable as equipment in this game as well as class items, something I would mention would be that other equipment present would be geared around wrangling and dealing with BOW's. Hell, I would actually make a class called "BOW Wrangler", where their focus is specifically hunting and taking out BOW's. Equipment relating to this would be through things like radio jammers to disrupt the BOW and the drone pilot's connection, T Virus Vaccines, Vaccine grenades, strobe lights, which would disrupt their vision, and net guns which will temporarily bind any BOW shot.

This is not specifically for the BSAA, though, as the terrorist side, and the operators of the BOW's have friendly fire turned on, with an incentive called "Rampant BOW" which will be given if they kill members of their own team as the BOWs.

Guns:

Now this is where I think this game would have a bit of fun and expand on the crazy arsenal present in games like COD or Battlefield.

Starting out, a new player playing as a BSAA soldier would expect that using something simple in their kit would be a safe choice, like a M4 and a Beretta M9. Which they wouldn't be wrong... at least, not at first.

The thing that I would stress in this game would be that the guns you choose are very dependent on what role or what you will be able to specialize in, because as this new player would learn, the 5.56 M4 and 9mm M9 are great against human enemies... but BOW's aren't humans.

In short, what this game would be doing is taking the idea of a standard FPS and adding in elements of big game hunting in a warzone setting. That is why unusual and unorthodox weapons which would stick out in Battlefield 4 would actually be appropriate in this setting, because the extra stopping power of certain guns and calibers would be more relevant now that BOW's are in play than just humans.

Here, that new player would have to trade out their M4 for a SCAR H with the heavier .308 bullet to properly combat things like Hunters, Tyrants, and Lickers.

Guns like Modernized lever action repeaters rifles chambered in 44 Mag with 20 inch barrels, the Smith and Wesson M500 Supermagnum, 357 and 44 revolvers, or guns chambered in 10 mm or .45 Long colt would become relevant again, which would help create this feeling that the BSAA is more an organized mercenary force appropriating their own equipment rather than a standard military.

Hell, even some older guns like the Thompson SMG with a 50 round drum mag would even become relevant once more, or an old tube fed rifle that's name escapes me that fires a long rifle cartridge that's bullet is actually shaped like a screw would be good in this game.

Seriously, I love this aspect of the idea and would love to share some more in the comments below.

Map Flow:

To be brief, just dropping all these aspects into an established map of Battlefield probably wouldn't work well, So I would say that there would be a need to "Horror- Ify" each map in this metaphorical game to properly suit the experience. and by this I don't mean make things dark and put corpses everywhere, but instead control the flow of how the match plays out, having the BSAA forced into storming the enemy stronghold where they are put at a disadvantage to the BOW's. Like a maze of cargo containers and enclosed spaces where the zombies and monsters would have the upperhand on the humans.

Heroes:

What would Resident Evil be without its characters?

Taking a note from the Starwars Battlefront series, I think that one final things to mention in this game would be the ability to find pickups or prompts for human players to select characters from the Resident Evil series appropriate to the setting and their desired role and be able to possibly change the tide of the game.

Character ideas:
Chris Redfield RE6: has a frankenstien assault rifle that does heavy damage with low recoil and a .50 AE Desert Eagle
Chris RE5: carries a powerful shotgun and excellent handgun but auto generates handgrenades and gives out ammo packs
Jill BSAA: gets a badass SMG and the PX4 which is capable of 1 shot kills, auto generates flash grenades and T Virus Vaccines
Barry: Carries around anti BOW equipment with a powerful magnum as a sidearm
Piers: Only character to have 2 primary weapons, his AMR and an SMG

Terrorists:
Nemesis: badass-er version of the Tyrants, has the grapple ability, is fast as fuck, and has the OP rocketlauncher
Nicholai: good handgun, an anti vehicle rifle, and autogenerates grenades, C4 and trip mines. Basically a saboteur.
Ada: fast, basic guns, but has a grapple gun and does not suffer from fall damage
HUNK: has extra health, generates First Aid, resistant to T Virus effects, and has a good SMG.
Mysterious Crow Doctor: Dual wields SMG's, generates grenades, and can disappear and respawn at a whim using flash and smoke gernades
Wesker: carries a good pistol, magnum, but has enhanced melee damage and can super sprint and dodge bullets for a timed effect.

Anyway, that's my idea, tell me what you think.

that sounds fucking awesome.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2