Among the Infected (Resident Evil Group) 233 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Dancewithknives
Group Admin

I've just completed RE4, so that brings me to have played the remasters of RE5, 0, Remake and RE4.and I thought it would be interesting to compile a list of changes you noticed while playing the new remasters.

Feel free to add any differences you noticed while playing and what it originally was.

RE4:
It feels like the drop rate on Ammo is diminished; Having livestreamed a longplay last night and used the same strategy less than a month earlier, I can comfortably say that the drop rate was reduced. I went into the U-3 fight with 42 shotgun shells, 5 magnum shots and no pistol ammo. I seriously had more herbs taking up space than my guns and ammo.

RE4: Although there are very specific and precise item places that were changed, I think the biggest change was that there were supplies placed in the transition area between the U-3 cage area and the final battle area.

Remake: Grenade Launcher glitch was patched.

RE5: Knife was nerfed, you can no longer knife snakes on the ground and it is harder to knife multiple boxes next to each other. Also, bullets no longer penetrate multiple boxes. Load up ch 5-3 before the elevator and see how many boxes can break with 1 bullet.

5645506 A few things i noticed on RE5:
During Wesker's fight on the boat (the second fight) he seems to do that one attack where he goes to get a missile and throw it at you, more often than before.
During the cinematic part after that fight, where Sheva decides to let herself fall of the plane with Wesker, you have more time to react and catch Sheva than in the previous version.

Dancewithknives
Group Admin

5646630 unfortunately unchanged;

RE4: Seperate ways cutscene graphics are straight from the PS2. Yuck.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3