Flim x Applejack Shipping 92 members · 20 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I'm writing a FlimJack fic that takes place around Hearth's Warming. It's gonna be five to seven chapters, and I'm planning on posting a chapter or two once a week for five weeks after Thanksgiving. I wanna get a good head start on it now, so I can think it out well. I want it to be the best fic I've ever written. But, I need help coming up with a title and a good ending. The ending I have now is not the best.

The gist of the ending is: Flim is depressed because Applejack threw him and Flam out and he believes he could never gain her trust again. He and Flam found refuge in Manehatten since AJ told them she never wanted to see their faces anywhere near her farm again. Flim spends most of his time in his room sulking, while Flam tries to cheer him up by telling him their's more pretty mares out there, but nothing seemed to do the trick. Flam bumps into Applebloom (who was there because she was hanging out with Babs and the rest of the Apples were at Babs' apartment with her parents) while he was on an outing. Flam tries to get Applebloom to forgive him and Flim, and tries to get both girls to help bring AJ and Flim back together. He eventually convinces them they were truly sorry, and they come up with a plan to have the two meet in Central Park. I want this to somehow transition into AJ and Flim under the mistletoe and have it end with a kiss.

Please help!

I gotta give it to ya. You are brave in attempting one of the hardest ships to write.

Majority of the Flimjack stories I find tend to suffer from the same problem: Characterisation and pacing. Of course, that being said, you have only given the ending, so, I'm not exactly sure how I can help. But, just curious, why is Flim depressed that AJ threw him out?

4820763 Because he and Flam spent a few weeks with her and the rest of the Apples and he began to grow fond of AJ.

4820763 Sorry. Should have specified Flim and Flam were working on the Apple farm.

4821089 Weeks? Flim is a con pony and he fell for AJ in a matter of weeks?

Considering their history, I'm not so sure that would make for a good pacing. As you said, he sulked when she didn't trust him anymore. But realistically, it would only be that bad if they HAD been in a relationship for almost two to three to four years. That gives more impact, and a bigger feeling of betrayal for AJ. That makes the reader WANT for them to get together.

And with this, the mistletoe becomes the sweetest resolution to their relationship.

Because honestly, the way your ending goes, it feels like a long-term relationship, which was suddenly torn apart.

4821307 Hmm.... Maybe months, then? That'll give them enough time to develop some sort of bond. Then the impact of the betrayal will be greater.

4821332 Mmmm... I guess. But you gotta remember, friendship should develop first. Then, infatuation. Considering all things, AJ holds quite a grudge to Flim.

4821626 I have thought of that. Don't worry, I'm leaving no stone unturned. ^^

4822284 Hoping so. I can't wait to give it a shot. All my best wishes for the story! :pinkiehappy:

There's always the possibility that Flim developed physical feeling for AJ and confused them for genuine caring, though.

4832023 True. But we're shippers, dang it! The feelings have to be genuine! =m=

I know! "First friendship, then love, then smex" is a popular trope, but it doesn't always have to follow that pattern.

4839810 Realistically: love doesn't come first.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14