Writing Challenges 14 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
deli73
Group Admin

Well, it's Friday, everyone! Put on your creativity hats, it's time to get writing.

The prompt for this week is fairly simple: write a short story (a couple thousand words, maybe) based on a song. It can be any song you want, and how to interpret it is completely up to you. Once you're done, post it to the relevant folder! Submissions will be open for three weeks [due date: August 22].
Also, as is the general rule for this group, no mature-rated stories will be accepted.

Have fun!

Interesting... This'd be so much easier if my laptop had A/V capabilities. Or if both of my stereo's speakers hadn't taken vows of silence. My poor 500+-album CD collection... :raritydespair: I'll give it my best, but no promises. Sorry!

Jokes on you, FoE loves music, I'll get right to work as soon as I can think of what song to use...

In the meantime, have some high grade FoE music, Lil Pip.

Please enjoy. :twilightsmile:

deli73
Group Admin

3498983 No worries! There'll be plenty of chances for you to participate!
Just an idea, though: You could make a story just based solely on the lyrics of a song. As I said, you can interpret it any way you want!

I haven't read any of Fallout: Equestria, but I have a feeling this would start things off quite nicely.

I'm too passionate about music to let this one slide. I've already been inspired to write stories based on so many songs: 'The Shrine/An Argument' by Fleet Foxes, the entirety of Queens of the Stone Age's ...Like Clockwork... In fact, my most broken story so far, Folksong, was written because I was listening to the right song - a rendition of Alex Harvey's 'Roman Wall Blues' by Mark Lanegan and David Rosser - at the right time - when I heard that my grandfather was dying. I suppose it's just a matter of deciding which one to write and finding a way to play it to get myself into the zone.

:ajsleepy: I'll throw that on the pile.

deli73
Group Admin

These two songs seem like perfect candidates. I'm not really planning to write for either of them, but it's just a suggestion for anyone who may want to. (Warning: feels)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7