Helping Hooves 559 members · 844 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
gamexpert1990
Group Admin

I figured I would post a thread regarding 3 slightly helpful tidbits I've come across that I can't seem to find in the site's regular FAQ section.

1st. Perhaps the one that some of you already know pretty well, but some people are still unaware of. The way to hide spoilers in a comment. All you need to do is use (spoiler)text you want to hide(/spoiler). Instead of the parentheses ( ), you want to use brackets [ ].

2nd. Text size. I'm sure most of you know how to change text size the normal way, using the Font Size box just to the left of the color wheel, but if you want to make your text smaller than very small or larger than very large, you'll notice something like this while editing your comment: (size=1.5em)text being altered(/size) Again, I'm just using the ( ) to replace the [ ]. Now for the really giant text you can edit the number after (size= to be whatever you want. I suggest not going higher than 15, though... Um, if you'd like, I'll also let you know my preferred "Quiet Fluttershy" text size. (size=0.55em)

3rd. For anyone who's ever had trouble trying to add a YouTube video to a comment when using a mobile device, that's an easy fix once I figured it out.

Here's a link from my phone:
(youtube=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas)
[youtube=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas]

Here's a link when I remove that pesky little "m." that took me quite a while to notice (don't forget to also remove the period between "m" and "youtube.com" rather than just the letter "m"):
(youtube=http://youtube.com/watch?v=mNrXMOSkBas)

I hope that at least one of these happened to help some of you. :twilightsheepish:

Here's some more for those who want to become pro posters.
Guide: BBC Code Guide for Fimfiction V2

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

How have I managed to not see that sooner? Many, many thanks for that link. I cannot express how much I truly appreciate that.

Comment posted by Jamadeus deleted Apr 11th, 2015
Comment posted by Jamadeus deleted Apr 11th, 2015
gamexpert1990
Group Admin

I don't remember making this thread sticky. :applejackunsure: I'm going to unsticky it for now, since I could probably try to update this. I made this thread a while before the spoiler tag was added to the effects bar, so that part is rather redundant now... I've also noticed a couple of other minor things regarding the other two topics here.

These were test comments I made using an alt to determine if blocking someone would stop them from commenting on a group post you made. Apparently it doesn't work...

Sleepy Panda
Group Admin

4263993 That was me. Although outdated, we don't really have any other help threads on here.

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

Alright, that makes sense. I'll try to give this an update before too long... :twilightsheepish:

Sleepy Panda
Group Admin

4373191 Oh look, you exist!:yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11