Helping Hooves 559 members · 844 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

Does anyone know how I can upload images from my computer into the text box?

The site doesn’t allow you to directly upload them here. You have to first upload them somewhere else (Google Disk, Pinterest, DeviantArt Sta.sh, et cetera) and then copy that image’s URL to the text box, as you called it.

Yeah, it might be a bit tricky. Let me know if you have any issues with it, I’ve seen a lot of folks struggle with this in the last months, so I should be able to help with pretty much any kind of issue that you might encounter. :twilightsmile:

awesome. you are the reason tyler is smiling

Great. Just shoot me a PM or a comment here if you need anything in regards to this issue or anything else site- or writing-related!

7393679 You can use https://imgbb.com/ to upload images from your computer.

Like this:

It's not workin for me

i upload the image and it gives me a link but when I try to embed the link it says it's invalid

And are you sure you are using the image’s URL (the one you might get by right-clicking it and selecting the option to copy the image’s URL) and not the URL of the site hosting the image? The latter won’t work.

Hmm, that’s very odd. Do you get the same result with, let’s say, a random image URL from Google Images?

Also, you are embedding the URL using the tiny icon of a landscape in the tool bar, right?

7393784 Can you paste the URL you get, please?

first question: no
second question:y yes

wat how'd you do that

No to what exactly? Does it work with the different image?

Second, good.

As for your question here:
You cannot just copy-paste the link you see at the top of the page (or in that link tab below), that’s not the image URL. That’s a URL that leads to that page.

Right click directly on the image or, if you are on your phone or tablet, hold it for a little while till a menu with a few options pops up. Choose either the option to copy the image or the image’s URL, it doesn’t really matter here. Then embed the adress that you got by pasting it in (or pressing Ctrl+V).

I can only get one link, and that's the one I posted

That site offers you that one link, but that’s not a shareable URL. The link that you need is not one that’s written there. You need to obtain it by clicking on the picture itself. Hover your mouse (or finger) over it and click on it as I described in my comment above.

If you give me a moment, I can fetch you some step-by-step tutorial.

bro FINALLLYYYY

much love to y'all, it was a real struggle

Let me know if you ever need anything else. It was a bit of a struggle, but all in all, it was quite fun. I like helping folks here and possibly making new friends. :twilightsmile:

I also like making friends but I don't know a lot😅

It's fine, I'm sure you'll get the hang of the site and get to know a lot of folks around here soon. 😊

You're welcome. There has been a large influx of new writers coming here these last few months, so you're not the only one a little clueless about how to embed images, promote your groups, and the like. I think it's great to see so many new promising authors coming in.

7393911 Wait, I thought the fandom was dying? Where are they coming from? A parallel universe where MLP hasn't ended yet?

Oh, um, maybe? I think I’ll show myself out the portal to another dimension.

Or maybe the stats speak otherwise? :trollestia:

7394429 The stats show people are cumming alright. But the question remains: Why?

Are humans just a bunch of necrophiliacs? They see a dying fandom and they get all excited?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35