Atheist Bronies V2.2 275 members · 50 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

is just someone you hold to a very low standard.

6890846 Maybe this is why some people like to put on the armor of god. It's kind of handy.

"You want to judge my actions? Well, good luck with that! La-la-la-la, I can't hear you through my armor of god, la-la-la-la..."

Or an extremely high standard, depending on the person.

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

I'm not sure if I've ever seen someone hold their god (literal or metaphorical) to very high standards. Like, they'll talk about how amazing God or their cult leader is with the highest praise but when they do immoral things or fail you see that the standards they hold that god to are actually very low, that in reality they expect very little from him. And they remain a god because their follower expects nothing from them to maintain that respect and title.

I guess I'm just not sure what you mean by your comment, unless it's like the praise they have for them.

I was more referring to people like myself who would be willing to worship a god if they proved their existence and benevolence beyond any reasonable doubt.

6891491 Would killing an entire planet in a big flood do it for you? There's a rainbow at the end.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6