The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Obselescence
Group Admin

Hi guys. Iiiit's Sunday. Which means Sunday funtime and features. The Featured Box may not have all that you want and/or cherish, but it tries. God knows it tries.

And it fails, obviously, which is why we're doing this. The Last Roundup: We try harder then the Featured Box, and succeed harder. Guaranteed! Probably!

Probably guaranteed!

For more information on what the whole thing is, who we are, and to keep abreast of future features and developments, check out our group here, and associated links:

The Last Roundup
The Last Roundup FAQ
Suggest Stories for the Next Post!

And now for our feature presentation (stories listed in no particular order):

The Sweetest Water by Chrischan

Nothing is without a price, as many discover to their sorrow. Few are those who truly know themselves, and fewer still are those who know which prices are worth bearing—and which hide perils threatening that which they most treasure.

Morcraw ses: A great short story with a solid moral and great use of repetition to drive home the meaning.

Cadance, Discord, and Fluttershy set off in search of something buried in the frozen north. But it's going to take teamwork to find it, and it's not the Princess of Love or the Lord of Chaos that are holding all the cards.

Morcraw ses: A funciting adventure story, with plenty of solid imagery and worldbuilding. It relies a bit on subtlety, but an amusing Discord and generally hearty prose works out for it.

Moonwhacked by shortskirtsandexplosions

Princess Luna tripped and fell while dreamwalking, causing the night visions of everypony in Equestria to merge with one another. Now it's up to Twilight and her friends to group up in the dreamscape and "kick" Luna awake.

Morcraw ses: It's strange. It's weird. It's amusing. None of it made sense. In other words, typical Comedy+Skirts.

Veneer by Pascoite

Aloe and Lotus love the looks on their customers' faces during a nice soak in the tub, a relaxing massage, a new pony in the mirror. It wasn't always that way, and even now, the occasional difficult customer can prove trying.

Morcraw ses: A nice little story about small-business hardship. It's not going to blow any minds, but it's worth a look for people who're out for something short and sweet.

Harmless by Neologist

Adagio, Sonata and Aria find themselves facing a difficult challenge: a normal life.

Morcraw ses: For those who've kept abreast of the new Equestria Girls movie. An interesting idea of what the Dazzlings would do post-Rainbow-Rocks. A bit rough around the edges, but a solid story so far.

WILDCARDS

Rainbow Dash performs a double rainboom, and it releases so much awesome that it spontaneously summons Commander Hurricane into modern Cloudsdale. Rated Mature because Hurricane's [male implement] is too awesome for anything else.

Morcraw's Wildcomments: Obviously a mature story, but fun for what it is. It's not for those looking for straight-up sexual gratification, but those who're out for comedy with a sexual bent might find themselves amused by it.

Hey! I'm the one and only Rainbow Dash, and I'm a WONDERBOLT! Yeah, yeah, save your praise for later... You'll get your chance! You can ask me anything you want, as long as it's not totally lame.

Morcraw's Wildcomments: Not your usual story. This one is driven by user comments, and does some fairly nice Rainbow Dash characterization. Likely most interesting to those who enjoy things like Ask X blogs.

I appreciate the feature. Not one of my stronger stories, but then I guess that's the point of spotlighting things people might not have seen. The title's "Veneer," though. :rainbowhuh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2