The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Obselescence
Group Admin

All In - An Applejack Noir by Belligerent Sock

A private eye named Applejack delves into the underworld of Manehattan in search of a missing mare. Intrigue, betrayal, and hardboiled monologues ensue.

Morcraw ses: A Noir-style fic in a world where Nightmare Moon won. Noir in general is rare and unusual in fanfic, so it's worth checking out for that alone. It's especially interesting for its characterization of AJ in a world where she never met the other five.

Dune Goddess by Prane

Travel along Princess Celestia and her not-so-faithful student Sunset Shimmer to the land of sweltering heat, undiscovered temples and ancient beliefs! Oh, and sand. A lot of sand.

Morcraw ses: A really neat worldbuilding fic featuring Sunset Shimmer while she's still Celestia's student, which also does a great job hinting at their inevitable fallout.

Pinkie's Bleh Day by Piquo Pie

Hi there, I'm Pinkie Pie. I know some of you humans totally look up to me so I thought I'd share with you a dramatized Pinkie Pie story abou how I sometimes turn a mehehbleh day into a not terrible bleh day.

Morcraw ses: A decent little Pinkie Pie character bit, for those who like that sort of thing. It doesn't really go anywhere in particular, but certainly isn't half-bad to read.

Sunset Shimmer needs some cash, so she decides to get a part-time job. She never expected who her co-worker would be, or that things would turn out rather unexpectedly for everyone.

Morcraw ses: A cute slice o' life fic in which Sunset finds herself working at the same taco joint as Sonata. Hilarity (and surprisingly interesting character development) ensues. Will obviously appeal a bit more to fans of Equestria Girls and Rainbow Rocks.

Cadance and Night Light share a pleasant conversation in a café. Everything somehow manages to get really weird, really fast.

Morcraw ses: A comedy fic, by an author well-known for such. The humor is solid, but the overall composition seems to suffer from a few too many Family Guy-style "cutaway" bits. Overall a fun read, if you can look past that much.

WILDCARDS

After the collapse of a high-rise during the events of "The Mysterious Mare Do Well," Twilight decides that she needs to bring the Architecture industry into the new millennium.

Morcraw's Wildcomments: A lecture on physics disguised as a story, but also charming for its strange student antics and eccentric teacher. It's worth noting that the author actually teaches this class, so there you go.

The earth had belonged to the People since time immemorial, until the ponies came to push them out. For centuries, they have hidden in the forest, slowly losing ground to their enemies. But now, the gods have chosen two young warriors.

Morcraw's Wildcomments: A fascinating tale by a sorely underrated author. Fans of worldbuilding are going to enjoy this one. It's not specifically about ponies, insofar as it goes, but it's very much a solid story and is worth reading for those in the mood for something substantial.

I want a brony teacher!
That would be awesome.

Totally just found this. Too bad the group seems dead :(

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3