The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Obselescence
Group Admin

Wings by Not_A_Hat

Spike is searching for something precious.

Morcraw ses: A pretty cool story about Spike finding himself. There are lots of those out there, but good ones are fairly rare, so this one might be worth your interest. It leans heavily into more of a Tolkien-y fantasy tone than a strictly MLP tone, which may turn some people off, but overall gets a thumbs-up.

Dreams of Ponyville by Hoopy McGee

A group of men have done the previously impossible: they have created a window to another world. Not only that, but the world they've discovered is heartwarmingly familiar to some of them. It's everything they ever could have wanted. Right?

Morcraw ses: Y'know, I'm not quite sure what to make of this story. It's weird, a bit spooky, and... did I mention that it was weird? All I know for sure is that I liked it. So it does have that going for it.

Trixie hates pretty much everyone, especially high school students, so when she finds herself trapped in a mall with only the Dazzlings and a horde of zombies for company... she's fine with that.

Morcraw ses: If you like weird, not-quite-stupid-but-close-enough humor, then this is a thing you want to read. It's got zombies, and Trixie, and stuff. Your anaconda don't want none unless it kicks zombie buns, hon.

The Whispering God by Gabriel LaVedier

Mr. Cake suffers in the night, and looks into the darkness. Then the darkness whispers.

Morcraw ses: A decently well-written darkfic, though it does dip into being a bit expository and telly. The overall premise of the set-up is worthy of interest, though there is a sense that it's a bit too up-front with its darkness to really deliver the impact it's going for. Might be of interest if the pitch sounds good to you.

The personal diary of Sunset Shimmer, from her days when she was hoof-picked by Princess Celestia, to her corruption, to her domination of Canterlot High School, to her redemption...

Morcraw ses: A pretty fantastic character study. Starting from her time as Celestia's student and going all the way through Rainbow Rocks, the development of Sunset's character flows together quite smoothly.

WILDCARDS

Pinkie Pie tries to write a story with Spike's help to cheer up Twilight's sour mood. Little did Twilight know this was a bad idea from the start.

Morcraw's Wildcomments: That this story still has under 1000 views is criminal. Great, zany adventure. Good for people who like that sort of thing, and people named Zane.

Big McIntosh's unique way of experiencing music fascinates Octavia, and he'd love nothing better than to satisfy her desire to get in touch with her earth pony roots. They could learn so much from each other.

Morcraw's Wildcomments: For those who want something sweet and lovey, and aren't entirely offended by the author's rendering of Big Mac's name, this story exists. MacTavia shipping, which is pretty rare. Also an ongoing story, so if you like what's there already, then more of it will feasibly come out at some point.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1