Displaced 4,443 members · 1,273 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

How does he work? I don't get it. Is there an order? What if one of them dies? Would they give their power to the nearest being?

And why hasn't anyone made a girl Merchant?

I'm asking because I'm working on an origin story for my own Merchant/Displaced.

4498287 I think this has been answered like twenty times already.

The Merchant is a Void Dweller, which means he can live and travel in the Void between universes. There is no order, he is simply an over powered jerk Displacing people for his own amusement. No one has attacked the Merchant (Save Umbra/Aaron) but I'm pretty sure it would take a lot to kill him and he probably wouldn't give up his powers.

There's a whole Google Doc of Displacers! Of course, if your Displacer meddles too much with the Lore, Jsyrin will delete it.

4498330 Okay. No, he doesn't. He keeps to himself and just goes with the flow.

4498339 I can't tell what that comment is about.

4498339 Displacers aren't called Merchants. They're called Displacers. There is only one Displacer called the Merchant and what Dragon209816 said about him is correct. What your Displacer does is entirely up to you.

Imperium Bedlam
Group Contributor

There are a few girl merchants, no idea what you're talking about. Other than that, there should be a sticky thread outlining the details.

4498346 About the Lore and my guys impact... which is nothing.

4498349 Thanks! Displacers, got that.

4498353 In stories, there's always a guy Merchant, that's what I meant.

I'm making a story about my Displacer, and I needed information. Thank you for your input, I feel like an idiot... again...

I figured that The Merchant could be a male of female character. Whichever one they felt like being.

Essence attacked him.
And killed him.
And got his powers.
Why does everybody forget her?

4499737 Because Essence ignores the Lore.

Lore exists for a reason in this group and I hate how Essence just ignores it.

Most of your questions are answered in the Lore page. Following the Lore is one of the very few requirements for a fic to count as a Displaced fic. Have you read it? If not, here.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12