Displaced 4,443 members · 1,273 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

I need some help guys. As I was working on my current Displaced Story... A Plot Bunny came out of no where and bit me on the ass.

We all know the usual Merchant meetings with Displaced.

Future Displaced Meets Merchant, He sells them item missing from his/her costume, they get sent to Equestria end of story. :fluttershysad:

Not what this Plot Bunny wanted me to do. It wants my second Displaced Character to fight back, :pinkiegasp:

That's right. And right now I am offering any author whose character has a grudge with the Merchant the chance to strip a few lengths of his hide if they are willing!!! :twilightangry2: :rainbowdetermined2:

And before anyone goes off and says that it would not be possible... Well... let's just say My Merchant is not what he appears to be. :trollestia:

There's already been Displaced that have started trying to do that, just look for Xante and Essence

Here's one: What would happen if the protagonist meets up with two different Merchants? Their items would lead him/her to a different version of Equestria. Say Merchant 1 has an item that leads you to an anthro version while Merchant 2's leads to the Equestria Girls one.

There are those besides the merchant whom do similar if not the same task as it, even ourself do enjoy this task! *wiggles an inky corrupt appendage from cracks in reality.* Though at this time we neither hate nor love this 'merchant', tis odd for us but no matter.

I know someone working as a Jack Frost who went to the South Pole looking for the famous Wind Rod he uses, and tried to fight him for it. But honestly, no one says you have to be from an Earth without fantasy elements. There's nothing stopping you from so much as being on a camping trip, going on a hike, finding a neat little cave, then having the "Merchant" show up and try to take the neat-little artifact you found, get indignant he isn't getting his way, then swipe you into another universe as undue-punishment.

Dang it... I really didn't want to spell it out since It would ruin the surprise. :fluttershyouch:

My version of the Merchant in my second story is actually a sliver of another being who had caught the Merchant's attention and after giving the sliver a body, forged a contract with it to do it's job in a certain world. This one...

Do I have to say more or can I keep at least a few secrets? :fluttercry:

Your secrets are quite safe, especially with my bafflement at an opening for a CSI spin-off.

:ajbemused: Really... CSI Spinoff... :facehoof: I'm not going to say anything about that...

Anyways; The world my character comes from is the one with NCIS and it's fellow series NCIS: LA and NCIS: New Orleans. Meaning that my 'Merchant' is not going to get away with the stuff the real one would do to not having all of the being's powers. Thus he has to get crafty to take some of the heat off him...

Unfortunately he screws up with one of his pieces making it so that whoever gets it will actually change into their character "BEFORE" they get to Equestria. And with my character -whose father is a marine and has trained the character as he would one of his Devil Dogs- being unlucky enough to get said piece.... :trollestia:

Not that this isn't an interesting idea, and not that you shouldn't write it, but I don't like it. You say your merchant won't, say, leave that universe before getting caught? And some TV show police force will be able to catch him? I mean, the whole "get your powers on earth" is kind of interesting, but the rest is kind of sketchy. Again, not saying you shouldn't do this, it's just my opinion.

Who said the "Merchant" was going to be arrested???

Awesome, this is great I'm almost done with my first 2 chapters for my displaced and I was going to do a similar thing with the merchant.

I meant this merchant. If he has similar powers to the original Merchant, then he should be able to do the "impossible." In other words, magic. Now, if this merchant is just some guy with a magic item, then I don't see an issue with a HUMAN police force going after them. If he has any sort of power (i.e. teleportation, levitation, the ability to cross into other dimensions, etc.) Then this HUMAN police force doesn't stand a chance--given he's not an idiot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12