Displaced 4,443 members · 1,273 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

As I was thinking of ideas for future stories, I was wondering something. Are we allowed to make a new displacer? Aside from the Merchant? I had an idea for one who's more crazy, and tries to force the displacing item upon you if you don't buy it. Even going as far as to chase you down in the convention, and alters reality around him to make everyone watching think it's a little trick or something, instead of someone being put in danger. He also looks like a normal person, who you might think has a kind family, and always helps those who need it. I decided to call him the Crazed Merchant. So, am I allowed to make a new Displacer?

4532595 Hmmm, maybe a guy dressed as Shang Tseung from Mortal Kombat acting like the merchant. Half the time as his old version, the rest as his younger version.

4532595 Well, I've read several that had Discord as being the "Merchant" and he was a merchant, a legitimate business man making a honest buck while "helping" when he was impressed enough by a person's point of view or need in making their costume.

Really though, as long as it isn't to far over the top I don't think most will mind and might even be interested if done well enough. I read the story if it interests me enough, the how the person got there in first place might or might not help the story but it isn't the story There are a couple of stories that the use of the merchant was stretching it

4532595 Why not this guy.

His from The Money of Soul and Possibility Control and his name is Masakaki.

4532595 Yes, you are allowed. I made a Displacer called Time Spinner who pretends to be the Merchant.

4532595 I've already made a Displacer myself. I would simply recommend talking with Jsyrin and asking him about it, like specific character traits or origins. It was mostly origins that I had a little trouble with, but other than that, it seems like anything is fair game.

On another note, I like the idea of your Displacer. My guy is a little more violent with his means of getting his chosen to their destinations.

Not sure why they would need to either chase down their targets or get violent, just make the Displaced token like a Harry Potter portkey, have it activate as soon as the target touches it, and then just say "Here, catch!" And toss it to them. Not that hard.

4533362 Eh, my guy just does it like that because he can. He's actually only like that when bringing someone to a new universe, otherwise he's quite cordial and polite. And during the actual Displacing, it's really just a quick death with the item that the Displaced receives. Say, shooting someone with a functioning plasma cutter or stabbing someone through the heart with a certain sword.

Well there is a whole pantheon of displacers. The balance twins are part of it with archetect of realities.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10