Pretender Ponies 10 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Darkly Hooves
Group Admin

Its finally here! ... No I was never a fan of the series because I was introduced to it with Dominions 4 and didn't think to look up Conquest of Elysium or its sequels. But after playing a few hours, (and still playing), I can say that... Its different, but not in a bad way. Its certainly a lot smaller in scale than the Dominion games seeing how you're more of a warlord trying to carve out a kingdom out of the titular Elysium (and neighbouring planes of existance, yeah those are new, you can literally take the fight with the demons, to hell!) rather than trying to become The All That Will Ever Be, God of All the Things. Other notable difference is that you can't craft magical items, armies are a lot smaller and there's no dominions or unit-supply to worry about (or that I am aware of, to date I have only played the dwarf faction). But I am still fighting for every little square tile of land of my kingdom of desolate mines and frozen tundra. The undead and brigands will not have my dwarven gold this age!

That said, I am altering the group-blurb to include CoE as well as Dom, so I don't appear like an ass later on.

What has/is your experience/opinion with/on Conquest of Elysium (been)? Lets not build a sentence like that ever again.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1