Crash Bandicoot Group 13 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

For anyone who has either played or have seen the trilogy. Any thoughts on the remaster

I like it, but in the end I prefer the originals. I find that for everything good the remasters did right, there's something equally bad. Whether it be messing with hit boxes, changing the ice physics, patching the times for "Hot Coco" and "Eggpisus Rex" but not the times for "High Time" for Gold and Platinum, and the occasional missed line or underperformed line.

In terms of voice actors, a majority hit it out of the park, even the likes of Greg Eagles and John DiMaggio show signs of improvement. But Lex Lang and Corey Burton just don't impress me as Cortex and N. Gin, I find that they tend to place emphasis on the wrong parts of their speeches, with few if any lines that they do better than Clancy and Brenden.

And it bugs me that they didn't patch the controls for Crash 1, and kept the "No Dying" requirement for the colored gems, when you already have time trial mode which requires a no death runthrough.

Keep in mind Lex Lang was also cortex in twinsanity game in 2004, and he did a good job as cortex. I also enjoy the fact that you don't have to collect a gem in order to save for the first game, which was the most irritating thing for me. That's why I prefer the 2nd and 3rd original game, because it was easier to save your progress for both of those games.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3