Your World 27 members · 58 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I'm asking because I don't like to just give out spoilers, but I would like to talk about stories I plan to write with some people but don't really have the opportunity. If you are interested in hearing and discussing some of my ideas, please let me know :twilightsmile: :).

4998309 I'm currently rehearsing a presentation on story ideas for Ponycon NYC. WHat would you like to talk about?

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

4998499 Mostly I hoped to talk about ideas that I plan on getting to myself, or stories that others are interested in writing. Generally just a discussion of ideas on future stories from myself or others talking about their stories and seeing if we could come up with some unique ideas. (did that make sense?)

Sure why not? I'm overflowing with ideas that I'd never use.

4998590 Ok, here's one I don't think I'll ever write. It takes place 10 or 15 years into the future. A cold war exists between Equestria and Queen Chrysalis' hive (much as between the USA and the Soviets). But they are at least try diplomacy, and they've exchanged ambassadors. Being the Changeling Ambassador to Equestria has to be the most miserable job in the world.

She's surrounded by ponies who remember the invasion, and she's probably the most despised being in Chanterlot. She's trying to do her job, but her Queen keeps getting in the way. Every time Chrysalis tries something the Ambassador gets call to appear before the Princesses to apologize. This would be trying for anyone, but imagine if you need love to survive. The Ambassador would go to bed hungry most nights.

I imagine her as a sympathetic character. It's interesting to me to picture some changelings as bad and some as good. She's an honest diplomat who truly wants to create peace and understanding between ponies and changelings - but she has to do her duty and keep her oath to her Queen. She could really use a friend.

Or you could make her a villain. It could be a spy thriller, with the Changeling Embassy being a hotbed of intrigue.

I'm interested in hearing some of your ideas.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I think I'll get back to this thread tomorrow it's getting late for me (provided I still have internet and power after the coming storm). Everyone else feel free to talk about whatever ideas you wish.

4998727 Yeah I do think there can, or should be good changelings. That's a really cool idea, and I would like to see what happens when the changeling ambassador finally gets fed up and puts her hoof down declaring that she's not going to apologize for something she played no part in (in my head she has had to apologize for the same thing over and over because ponies keep getting her into situations where she has to apologize for the original invasion which she wasn't involved with, that's probably not what you imagined but that's what popped into my head once I read your idea it really is interesting).

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

4998309 I have a few stories I want to write, but don't really ever feel like starting. My favorite at the moment is a one shot with a human in equestria with only a horse mask. The whole story is going to revolve around him and ponies attempting to hunt him down to steal his magic powers (He doesn't have them, but they don't know). Amyway, most of the story would just have him in town wearing the mask and nopony being any the wiser about him being human.

4999113 I like that. But, how 'bout instead of one human there's two, and the second one's under a sheet pretending to be the back end of a pony? And if you don't like HIE you could make them dragons? Ponies spied on dragons badly disguised as a dragon in the show, what if a pair (or a trio) of teenaged dragons did the same in Ponyville?

Don't you just love how ideas spawn ideas?

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

4999317 That's amazing! I still like the human idea because they'd have no idea what he can do. Still if I write it it's going to have a few more now!

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

4999321 it doesn't really make sense that Twi and the others would want to hunt him down, but then again you probably wouldn't have a story so I'll ignore that little detail. Sounds like you enjoy writing comedy themed stories. :trollestia:

One of the Crowd
Group Admin

4999532 Twilight would want him for studying purposes and the other mane 6 would want to help her. More ponies would chase after him fro different reasons though.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

4998612 what sort of ideas?

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I had some ideas for hie stories, and a few crossovers I wouldn't mind discussing.

4999598 Do it up! Can you make HIE and Crossover fresh? (that's not sarcastic, that's sincere. Can you make it fresh?)

4999570 Well I thought of some poor guy getting stuck in equestria as a virus. He'd eventually have to decide if his continued existence was worth the pain it put others through. Crazy and semi fucked up things like that.

4998743 The thing is - didn't she take part in the invasion? Ok, probably not really. But the first wave would have been social observers who were just there to study ponies so the second wave of spies could convincingly mix in with ponies. And I bet this became a problem for Chrysalis. The first wave all decided they liked ponies, and they all wanted to "go native." Such changelings would be worthless to Queen Chrysalis, except for one thing. They would be perfect for the new diplomatic corpse . Just so long as they can maintain plausible deniability with the Princesses, that is - which means Chrysalis would never share any of her plans with the Ambassador.

So, Madam Ambassador had nothing to do with the invasion, but she feels guilty about it because she helped pave the way. Cadance and Shining Armor stopped this, but their spell expelling all changelings would have separated the infiltrators from the pony friends they had made. Madam Ambassador cannot reconnect with these pony friends because she lied to them about being a pony. She doesn't have any friends. Oh, man,every day of her job is a little more wear on her soul, and just doing her job leads to premature, withering death.

This really sucks. Can any of you think of a pony who could become her friend, and save the Ambassador's life? We don't want to plot out a tragedy, do we?

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

4999751 I plan on doing a tmnt crossover which honestly as far as I can tell hasn't really been done well yet. There was one story I was enjoying but it hasn't updated in forever, and most of the rest are weird or shipping stories. So I have a plan for a tmnt crossover based off the 2003 show, it will be set part way through season 3. I have big plans for that story.

Another crossover I have planned is for Kirby, but it ill instead focus on Meta Knight battling with Galacta Knight so how they both get sent to Equestria and unfortunately Galacta Knight manages to convince the Equestrians that Meta Knight is here to destroy their world (or something) (by the way if you don't know who these characters are look them up and tell me which character you'd assume was good). Trouble ensues but eventually the truth is revealed and Galacta Knight initiates his backup plan which is finding a special power of some sort that exists in Equestria (I'll come up with what it is later).

I also have a sequel planned which will bring Dark Meta Knight into the fray. He will eventually team up with Galacta Knight and there will be a misunderstanding when Meta Knight arrives.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

4999873 we probably could come up with a character who would support her. Maybe Fluttershy would be willing since she was the one who reformed Discord.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

4999873 yes I will try and make he's and crossovers fresh.

Eon333MS
Group Contributor

I posted an idea for a hie here recently, what do you guys think of it?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20