Protect Flurry! 358 members · 250 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Ok so with the upcoming premier of Season 7 just a few days away, I started thinking. What exactly is Flurry Heart the Princess of?

I mean all the other Princesses have titles:
Princess Celestia, the Princess of the Sun and the Day as well as Equestria (co-ruler)
Princess Luna, the Princess of the Moon and Night, and Princess of Dreams as well as Equestria (co-ruler)
Princess Cadence, the Princess of LovAnd why e and the Crystal Empire
Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship (and unofficially the Princess of Magic)

Princess Flurry Heart, the Princess of ...........?

So what title will Princess Flurry Heart get when she either gets her cutie mark or "plays her part"?

What do you guys think and why? Please explain your reasoning. This is meant to be a discussion.

5902843 Flurry is the second Princess of Love, successor to her mother Cadence.

Give her time. She's a foal, it'll take her a bit to work her way into what she wants to focus on. And it's way to early to be able to judge anything because she's simply to young to really have anything but wild guessing.

5902863 that's why I want to discuss this! So we can all discuss and speculate

5902843 Flurry Heart: Princess of Kickass Storms and the Crystal Empire.

5902870 Really, the whole Princess thing doesn't work in the first place. Technically, the daughter of a princess is nothing. Not until the princess becomes a queen. Equestria's insistence on not having any queens means that Flurry Heart is technically not a princess as at all.

But, since all you need to be a princess in this world is both wings and a horn, I guess she is a princess. But even still that doesn't work. Princesses in Equestria are both named after their domain and their power. Flurry Heart has neither of those yet. So, what? She's just a Princess.

But if I have the barrel of a gun to my head and a psychopath telling me that if I don't name her, they shoot, she'd be the second Princess of the Crystal Empire.

5903020 actually the daughter of a Princess is a Duchess. And that's I made this thread. What do you THINK she'll be the Princess of when she finds her domain?

Princess of Forgiveness and/or Empathy/Sympathy.

She seems to be more of a mix of Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie so something Athletic, Wild and Fun! :rainbowlaugh: :pinkiehappy:

Given no dialogue in the show has actually said she's a Princess, she's currently just Flurry Heart

It's synonymous with love. If you want a better reason, it's because of how forgiving the main characters are, and I can just imagine a sympathetic princess, especially in this show.

5903587 no, she's been referred to as Princess in dialogue and merchandising.

5903656 Merchandising is debatable since Skyla was also a Princess and Cadance and Shining's daughter in merch, yet has never appeared in the show.

As for dialogue, searching episode transcripts doesn't have any mention of her being Princess that I can find. Which episode was it?

5903658 huh..... could've sworn she was introduced to the Crystal Empire as Princess Flurry Heart during the Crystalling. Guess not.....

Doesn't matter, ALL alicorns are princesses so.......ya she's a princess

I think she might become the "official" princess of Magic, to let Twilight focus on being the princess of Friendship full time.

The sad thing with Flurry Heart is, that she probably won't get a title. The title an alicorn gets is based on the destiny it had to fulfill to become an alicorn. This destiny is it that determines what their role as alicorn is and therefore, it determines the title as well.
But Flurry Heart didn't fulfill any destiny and became an alicorn because of that. She was simply born as one, she got the alicorn status gifted, which makes her an anomaly among alicorns. She doesn't have a specific task or destiny, so she doesn't get a title.
If she wants to have one, she will have to work especially hard to find a task she can take on as one of Equestria's alicorns.
What title she will give herself then, is something that is impossible to answer right now. It depends on what Flurry Heart chooses for herself. There is no destiny for Flurry Heart, only a choice.

If she does become a princess, maybe she'd be the Princess of Destruction and Chaos.

I'm pretty sure the title of Princess in this universe is meant to convey primacy- like the original title from which Prince/Princess is derived, the Roman "Princeps" or "First/Primary". In addition, Principalities are a thing, so we know how titles work when the ruler of a nation is a Princess.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20