My Little Pony: The Movie 264 members · 126 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Group Admin

I've noticed that certain movies based on a show tend to exist in their own continuity while the show itself seems to downplay references to the film or not acknowledge it a canon at all (EQG being a mild example). With that in mind I'm curious if this movie will either be canon or not...

I think it might just be, considering they went out of their way to update the map itself for this special occasion:

But what are your thoughts?

I say that it all depends on how the show will address it in the future. If it references it in any way, it is canon. If any characters are shown in the series after they appeared in the movie, and they keep their same backgrounds and personalities, it is canon. If neither part happens (which I doubt), then I think it can be interpreted either way. Like the comics, for example. I still love and treat the Sombra arc as canon, and I hope it stays that way.

To me this movie will be canon

I don't know, but the Movie Prequel Comics gave us this map of the Storm King's homeland:

I 100% say the film is canon to the series, it happened with Equestria Girls (as shown in first EqG film took place between season 3 and 4, while EqG 2 happened between seasons 4 and 5, as well as the events of EqG 3 happened during the time-travel finale of Season 5, that and Mirror Magic happened sometime during the events of Season 7 (possibly)), so yeah, this should definitely be canon!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5