Students of Friendship 369 members · 1,526 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

This may have been integrated into the series at some point (I didn’t finish season 8), but how are the other students taking the integration of other species into Equestrian society? Also, have there been any ideas of other species enrolling into the friendship school (I recalled seeing a fic of a diamond dog wanting to join the friendship school) or more of the same species enrolling (like another changeling/Griffon/dragon/etc)

6949645 None of this is addressed at all in either season 8 or season 9. Hell, the school itself has barely been featured at all in the twenty episodes of season nine that have been released internationally, and looking at the upcoming episodes it doesn't look like the school is going to be relevant at all for the remainder of the season. Which makes me wonder, "So, what exactly was the point of this thing?" :rainbowhuh:

Well, at least it gave us a plethora of new ideas we could explore. I have one in mind, but I need more time to develop it.

Also, found the link. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/426873/dogs-best-friends

There was a fanfiction I read that in the future (mainly the future of Kilala97's next gen verse), it has the species being mostly accepted, but quite a few Equestrians aren't happy with keeping the country completely Pony.

Fanfics have explored this issue, but beyond the Young Six themselves (an important distinction, as the show has used the Young 6 itself touch on similar themes), the show has not tackled the subject. One episode of season 9 even states the Young 6 are the only non-pony students--excepting Sandbar--at the school currently. And with season 9 appearing to focus more on tying up loose ends, building up to a grand finale, and providing chances for a last huzzah for as many characters as they can, I don't expect that to change before season's end.

But personally, I'm not too worked up about it. True, it would've been cool if the show had taken more time to focus on themes like that a bit more, but at the same time, part of the whole point of the Young 6 was for them to serve that role, which they largely did in season 8, so I think its fair for the show to move on other pressing topics now, especially with it being the last season.

I'd like to think, though, that were that not the case, and the show were to go on for another season or two, the show eventually would've tackled such themes more directly head on. Indeed, season 8 gave me the impression that was the crew's expectation at the time. But with season 9 instead becoming the last, production priorities had to change accordingly. *shrug*

But again, there are all sorts of fanfics addressing this and similar themes, and I see no reason for that not to continue on into the future, even after the show has ended. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5