My Little Reviews & Feedback 508 members · 868 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3
Light Heart101
Group Contributor

Starlight Glimmer Saves Equestria (Repeatedly)
Written by

Summary:ThePinkedWonder

Analysis: I have read many of this author's works, and this person has a way of making overpowered characters work in a comedic tone. I think of One Punch Man when I see some of his clever interpretations of story events. If your character is overpowered, make it comedic and light-hearted. That's how this writer can get away with such interpretations of these characters. He doesn't portray the events seriously. So having the one pony who had beaten Twilight also rewriting other events is a rather enjoyable read. I'm guessing that the writer couldn't pick just one event for Starlight, so we have four stories in one.

Starlight should be paid overtime for this.

If she was telling the truth. :scootangel:

Grammar: 10/10 I found no obvious errors in the spelling. This writer really makes sure that these stories are written carefully and goes over them to look for any mistakes.

The plot of the story: 10/10 Having Starlight deal with all of these scenarios is a unique take on the original episodes. I do feel like this writer has a bit of a pattern in these stories, but It hasn't gotten old due to him being able to use different characters and settings.

Story flow: 9/10 I started to feel like the story had reached a repetitive nature by the fourth story, but I do believe that the twist ending more than makes up for it. In the end, the twist ending just gives the story a more comical feel, especially since it's mainly about Starlight showboating.

Final score: 29/30 9.6/10

This writer has easily become one of my favorites due to these unique takes on canon episodes. Being able to handle OP takes on characters is never easy, but the comedic takes on them have made these some of my favorite stories. There is a reason why this author's stories have been featured on the main page so many times. Now there is only one question left.

Why aren't you reading this story yet?

Thanks for the review! Even if the twist ending helped, I was wondering if the story went on a bit too long. I could have cut the Pony of Shadows part to help with that, since I would say that was the least important of the four Starlight vs villain(s) battles.

Light Heart101
Group Contributor

My only complaint was the repetitiveness. Thank you for understanding. I enjoyed this story.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3