My Little Reviews & Feedback 508 members · 868 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Light Heart101
Group Contributor
EPrincess Celestia Saves Equestria (And Pay Up!)
At long last, Princess Celestia stepped up to save Equestria. You may be surprised who got the last laugh.
ThePinkedWonder · 3.1k words  ·  95  5 · 4.1k views

Written by ThePinkedWonder

Summary: This story is a sequel to Princess Cadance Saves Equestria (Wait, What?!)

It looked to be all over.

A powered-up Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, and Cozy Glow invaded Canterlot Castle and put Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Princess Twilight Sparkle, Discord, and the rest of their friends on the ropes. Nopony had the power to stand against the Legion of Doom.

That is until somepony close to Celestia fell after jumping into an attack meant for her. Then things went crazy. And went crazy again once secrets were revealed.

Takes place in part one of the season 9 finale. Enough will be explained to not require reading this story's predecessor to understand what's going on, and laugh.

Analysis: I found this take on the final episode rather interesting. Originally I was afraid that the writer ended up going soft on the insane beat downs, but I was rather pleased by the outcome of the story. It decided not to focus so much on the overpowered aspect of it, instead opting to focus on the fallout. Seeing Celestia deal with the fact that she's trusted her student to risk her life for so long added a more emotional entrance, and the fallout of her saving the day was rather interesting. I would recommend this story. It's rather funny and is worth a read.

Grammar: 8/10

I made a comment last time about his problems with some of the lines like this...

Cozy said, “Especially if we don’t do what Sombra did to Princess Cadance by getting you mad.End quote

To me it just feels off, especially with it being in front of a sentence. Past tense descriptions don't belong in front of a conversation. It makes the sentences feel off. Either put that part at the end or add more of a description at the front. I already brought this up in my last review with this writer, so I won't linger on this.

The plot of the story: 9/10

It felt like there was starting to become a pattern in the overpowered flank kicking, but this story decided to make a bit of fun of Celestia's situation and turn it into a big twist that I found rather funny. Bankruptcy is a lousy thing people, don't gamble.

Story flow: 7/10

I feel like the buildup was rather rushed, namely the part where Celestia proceeded to go insane. The combined power of Daybreaker and a mother should have given a more brutal fight. That part just went by way too fast. I do have to give points to the latter half of the story, which went on to show why you never go all-in on gambling, especially on a long term bet like that. In the end, the fight was too fast, but the payoff was great.

Final score. 24/30 8/10

This story is funny, but not as elaborate as the other stories this author has done. It does feel like a step down compared to other works, but it is still rather funny. This writer is known for many featured works, and it's because they can always find funny and unique ways to portray a character or episode. It's one of the reasons why they're one of my favorite authors.

I see.

In my next stories, I'll going to try to using "say" instead of "said" when it's at the start of sentences, if it'll look better that way.

In all, thanks for the review!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2