Positive Ponies 3,481 members · 1,470 stories
Comments ( 76 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 76
23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I've been on a quest to watch as many classic films and TV shows for a long time.

Yesterday, I finished watching all of Family Matters on Hulu and wanted to hear from my friends what suggestions for my next binge should be. NOT ANIME. NOT YET, AT LEAST
I'm calling it, a majority will say Seinfeld, XD
Movie recommendations are good too. :rainbowkiss:

Hurry, before I decide to binge on Frasier again. I love that show to death, lol

Too late......šŸ˜…

Home Improvement!!! :eeyup:

Classics? You and I probably have a completely different definition of classic, but how about The Godfather? And, since I breathe animated movies, The original Aladdin, Beaty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid. If you donā€™t want to watch Disney, you could try Toy Story or Shrek. And for the shows, Iā€™ve got nothing.

I've been binging The Office, so there's that.

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I've been meaning to watch The Godfather on Netflix one time.

Plus, who HASN'T seen all the other movies you mentioned?
:rainbowlaugh:

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I'll try soon, I guess. I remember not getting that into it one time but I'll give it another shot.

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I remember watching the first 2 or 3 episodes on Hulu before they took it down. Got some chuckles outta me

Well, you did ask for classics and most people have seen ā€œclassicsā€.

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I mean classic classics. Films and shows you don't normally see a 19-year-old watch nowadays, lol

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

If I ever find it somewhere, I'll check it out. I know it ends on a cliffhanger tho, XD

Iā€™m also a fan of classic BBC sitcoms. Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister, Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served?, Fawlty Towers, It Ainā€™t Half Hot Mum...

Iā€™m not sure what era youā€™re going for here, but here are some fabulous movies from the 80ā€™s and 90ā€™s everyone should see:

Romancing the Stone. A really fun adventure.

Death Becomes Her. An absolutely fabulous, weird and incredibly entertaining movie. Amazing acting from a legendary cast.

The Birdcage. One of the funniest movies Iā€™ve seen.

The Fifth Element. A great sci-fi flick and a classic.

Sister Act, and to a lesser degree, the sequel. A super fun Whoopi Goldberg comedy with great music.

Heathers. A really twisted, kinda effed up 80ā€™s teen movie. Be warned though, it gets dark and disturbing, but if you are into really twisted humor it might be a good one to check out.

Coming to America. A kind of silly, but entertaining Eddie Murphy comedy from the time his movies didnā€™t suck.

Gremlins. A really fun horror movie, with really fun monsters instead of the usual creepy - eats your guts type monsters. It does have itā€™s gory and gross moments, and fantastic practical effects with slime and all that.

The Lost Boys. Vampires on motorcycles. What more do you want?

That 70ā€™s Show (if you havenā€™t seen it already)

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Any time period for me.

I've seen Coming to America, The Lost Boys and Gremlins. I missed my chance to watch Romancing the Stone on Hulu and I LITERALLY looked up Death Becomes Her yesterday

šŸŽµFlash! Ah-ahšŸŽµ
šŸŽµSaviour of the universešŸŽµ

šŸŽµFlash! Ah-ahšŸŽµ
šŸŽµHe'll save every one of usšŸŽµ

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I'll check it out soon :twilightsmile:

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I've been thinking of watching that a few times, heard it was good. Just been kinda lazy, lol

Oh, I donā€™t suppose youā€™ve seen Mrs. Doubtfire?

YES! I cannot recommend this enough. Itā€™s camp as Hell but itā€™s camp played completely straight. Not a single wink to the audience or note of cynicism.

I only have horror movie recommendations, and those are things like Alien, Friday the 13th, and Leprechaun.

Ooooh! Cool!

If you are into these kinds of films, check out also:

Witches of Eastwick. It has Cher, Susan Sarandon, Michelle Pfeiffer and Jack Nicholson. Amazing flick.

To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar. A roadtrip movie with three drag queens going through stuff and changing peoples lives on the way. Very silly, very much itā€™s own thing, but with serious issues and darker scenes as well.

Pricilla! Queen of the Desert. Also a classic drag queen movie, from Australia. Has Hugo Weaving as a drag queen. In a lot of ways similar to my previous suggestion.

Labyrinth. A really cool 80sā€™ fantasy film with puppet characters by the Jim Henson Company, and David-friggin-Bowie.

Also, Dark Crystal, the 80ā€™s movie, and the recent jaw-droppingly amazing series adaptation.

Heavenly Creatures. A Peter Jackson movie from way before LOTR, and Kate Winsletā€™s film debut. A really compelling dramatization of the Parker-Hulme murder.

I also recommend other Peterā€™s early, low budget works. My fave is Meet the Feebles, a really gross, gnarly dark comedy where every character is a low-budget muppet, puppet, or stuffed toy.

Rocky Horror Picture Show. I actually think youā€™ve seen that one.

Full house

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Saw the first two, saw bits and pieces of Leprechaun but I ain't touching that again, lol

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Plan on watching Witches of Eastwick soon, saw bits and pieces of Labyrinth and Meet the Feebles, and seen The Dark Crystal

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Some of it, I always catch it halfway on TV, XD

Stargate SG-1 is pretty decent. Picks up where the movie lets off and has a good mix of profundity while at times not taking itself too seriously.

As far as movies, you can't go wrong with a Mel Brooks binge. History of The World: Part 1 is always solid, as is Young Frankenstein. Robin Hood: Men in Tights is excellent, but it's funnier if you've seen Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves first, as it's more of a direct spoof of that movie specifically rather than a genre spoof... Like Blazing Saddles or Spaceballs.

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Saw Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles and Spaceballs

Movies: The Last Starfighter, Trading Places, The Dark Crystal, Surf's Up, Legend of the Guardians, the How to Train Your Dragon Trilogy,

TV shows: Hogan's Heroes, The A Team, X-Men, Freakazoid,

Those are just off the top of my head (though some of my other suggestions have been mentioned by others)

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

I saw:
Trading Places, Dark Crystal, Surf's Up, Legend of the Guardians, HTTYD 1-3, and one or two episodes of Freakazoid
:twilightsmile:

Check out History Of The World. You won't regret it.

Try watching Red Dwarf, a British Sci-fi comedy show. And if you're up for something even more bizarre, try The Mighty Boosh, another British comedy- though low budget and very strange...

What about Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Nope, can't remember if I ran into it on Hulu or not, but I'll check it out soon

Pixels, Little Nicky, all Riddick, The Sound of Music, the first Mary Poppins, Nanny McFee, The Blob, and Halloween Town I, II, and maybe III

I decide to binge on Frasier again

Go ahead, caller. I'm listening...:trixieshiftright:

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Saw Pixels, EXTREMELY overhated. :ajsleepy:

Sky High, Dadnapped, Lemonade Mouth, My Little Pony Gen4, Ferris Bueller, Home Alone 1&2, iCarly and not the spinoffs

If you haven't seen Firefly before, you should give it a go. Fun show that died too early.

The expanse is a good hard sci-fi if you're into that sort of thing. It's pretty dark at times though.

As for light hearted, the new She-Ra show is good if you want something more along the lines of mlp

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Ferris Bueller, MLP G4 and Home Alone šŸ˜Ž

The Ladykillers, 1955. It's one of those movies that stars Peter Sellers and Herbert Lom that isn't a Pink Panther movie.

Comment posted by Even Evil Has Standards deleted Sep 2nd, 2020

Hmm.....
Cadet Kelly?....or maybe Kim Possible?

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Never heard of the first one. But Kim Possible is my childhood.
:twilightsmile:

Ooh, what about Firefly? It's a great show!

23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Heard of it, heard it was canceled but it looks interesting.

Yeah. There's a show and a movie (tip, watch the show before the movie, because my mom-the one who got me to watch it-says that there's debate over when in the timeline the movie takes place)

The Young Indiana Jones series if ya want. And yes thats s thing. Never seen it but its out there

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 76