Positive Ponies 3,479 members · 1,465 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19
23 KM To Nerdiness
Group Admin

Time to feel old.

:rainbowlaugh:,, yes a crime of the ages.

Been waiting to share this for a “feeling old” moment for some time:

But if you really want to feel old, I remember watching this at my grandparents house whenever I visited.

It was on something we referred to as a VHS tape, you know your getting old when you have to explain what that is in an “I’m old” joke.

Its a crime if you get caught

I haven't been caught for 5 years

:applejackunsure:
Yar har hardee har har.

If I could figure out a way to download a car I would.

Arrgh! I feel like I'm being called out! :rainbowlaugh:

potty humor warning

What did I do to you? I know I’m old already.

Ah, early 2000s, how i miss these scare tactics so much!!

Could have gone with Betamax instead of VHS to date yourself a little more. Still remember when a local video store had an equal number of VHS and Betamax movies and renting the machines to play them wasn't uncommon. Later Laserdisc was briefly added to their options.

Remember watching black and white shows like that at home long before VHS existed. If you didn't watch it when it was one, you missed it.

Recall back when basic television for me was 2-3 channels, and when we got cable television it went as high as channel number 13.

waiting for the commador 64 tape to load.

Betamax is after my time. I grew up on the tail end of watching VHS tapes slowly fading out. I also grew up with all kinds of hand-me-downs for financial reasons so I had some toys that actually belonged to my parents when they were kids.

I took a bike ride today past two of my old elementary schools and the house I lived in at the age of 10. One of those elementary schools hasn't been a school since I left OVER 20 years ago. Places that were fields are now apartments, on the way home I took a bike trail past the exercise complex that quite likely probs didn't exist back then, etc. etc.

I think my younger brother may have had that viewer. Forgot all about that one.
He also had a Mickey Mouse record player.

Ironically the cause of more piracy...

Back when Nintendo said "If you like this game, buy it or die" in a Pokémon game to combat piracy. Real smart move Nintendo, real smart.

That add is even more fantastic then you think that it is; you see they ran a contest for the music in it but they never actually payed the person who made it for their music. They literally pirated the music for their anti-piracy add.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19