Friendship Is Awesomes 298 members · 14,230 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

So this was just a random idea brought up when I saw SuperPinkBrony12's review and rewrite of Surf and/or Turf. In that episode, the CMC were called to Mount Aris to help with Terramar's problem, when it seems better (and natural) that Silverstream, who is Terramar's sister, would've been called to help. I think I'll leave it up to you think if this rewrite is good. The main topic I was thinking about is could have the Young Six been used better?

They definitely had potential and in some episodes like The Hearth's Warming Club that they are good characters. We even learn some things like Gallus being an orphan or Smolder having a secret love for dressing up. I was thinking about looking back at the episode in seasons eight and nine and wonder which episodes (if rewritten) could work with the Young Six as the stars of the episodes.

I honestly think that 2 4 6 Greeeat would be better if Yona, Ocellus, and Smolder were the focus instead of Rainbow Dash. What episodes do you think could work with the Young Six being the focus in them?

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah I don't mind the Cutie Mark Crusaders to help him but they could have bring silverstream along like what they did with smolder when Spike and Fluttershy sort of how to deal with garble

The Young Six are good character and like you said, if Silverstream was in Surf and/or Turf since we would see how close she is to Terramar and Yona Smolder and Ocellus would be a focus in 2 4 6 Great, then it would be a good character building. Been a long time since I saw season 8 and 9 since I still watching season 6 but from what I remember it would be great if there ar episode where one of the Young Six would learn from the Main Six. Like Yona and Rairty since Rairty is lady like and Yona is more of a brute which rub off each other. And in the Last Problem it looks like Yona work for Rarity

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Again I really wish they could have done with those characters I was really interested to those kids and that was my fear because there was so close to the end of the series they didn't have time to gave the young six more time like I kind of wish they ended in season 10 maybe so we can get more developer of these kids then it would have been perfect ended in season 10 because if I remember correctly they came out in October 10th 2010 that would have been great to end it there

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Or when Pinkie Pie was learning that new instruments from yakyakistan she could have just asked yona to teach her how to play it properly

Yeah, since Yona may know how to play a instrument from her home nation and I could see a funny moment when Pinkie try to play one, Yona took the instrument and show her how it done the yak way

I think the Young Six would've been good if they were used in a way of passing the torch. Just have them take Luster Dawn's place and have the series end with them going on a new adventure, like the one we see in the windows of the rebuilt Canterlot Castle.

I honestly think that 2 4 6 Greeeat would be better if Yona, Ocellus, and Smolder were the focus instead of Rainbow Dash.

Don't forget to also throw Silverstream in it as well. :)

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah that would have been perfect oh and here's another one for Ocellus they could have used that idea from this comic in to an episode

Like the anybody remember in the episode Student Counsel she having some identity crisis or something and she wanted to represent her kind and the positive way

0:22

Agree, to me and most other, Luster Dawn is just that pony and The Young Six would be a good way to pass the touch. Like Has Gallus talk to Twilight about past few years and how Gallus and his friends can so far in their live
To be honest Luster Dawn is a boring character and to me is a bad Twilight 3.0

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah like a new generation not just only ponies but other creatures as well and probably this would have been perfect to show that one if G5 are going to connected with this lure I mean I don't know but it would been making sense

Yeah, with her energy, she was born to be a cheerleader. Throwing her into the episode could've been great.

Agree, I love this comic and wonder why they didn't use it for an episode. It good to build on Ocellus character

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Well I can't say much about luster Dawn because she came in the last part I mean if the season 10 comic shows the past of luster Dawn maybe we will see how she grows in the comic because that's the closest you're going to get from her

That ok with me if they done it right

But seeing on how the season 10 comic is going, I don't see that happening

And Cheerilee as well! It would be something to see her Cheerleading outfit from The Cart Before the Ponies again. X3

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah I never understood why they never get silverstream to join in she has more energy than most creatures I mean look at Princess skystar she would definitely pump the crowd with her cheerleading skills I mean don't get me wrong having Ocellus yona and mostly smolder to join in and I don't mind Rainbow dash to be in charge of this I just wish they didn't make her so mean in this episode

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Probably she has a reason why she couldn't do it because she's busy with her own School teaching her students I mean it makes sense why they didn't ask her

If she wasn't busy with teaching at her school and fine a good amount of time to cheerlead, I see that happening

Yep =3 I mean... heh heh... to contrast Cheerilee's cheerleading outfit with the outfits for the cheerleaders in that episode. X3

And it would be a good way to build more onto her character, more character building won't hurt

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yes that is true if she wasn't busy they would have asked her right away

For sure. :) Season 9, even if it still drives me crazy, still should of focused on developing characters that got shunned to the sidelines way too easily. :/

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

We're not saying having the Mane 6 to be on the sidelines just to help those kids to develop more as the years go by I mean is it the point of this lesson about friendship given the more knowledge so it can pass on to the next generation of ponies and creatures alike

So true, it feel like they just rewriting episode on characters that we don't need or a character that have something about them in early seasons, but the writer forgot about it and make a episode that make it worst. Like in one of the early episodes in season 1. Rainbow Dash is teacher Fluttershy how to cheer and I know to boost her ego in the back then, but she has changed thought out the show and in 2 4 6 Great. It seems Rainbow don't like cheerleading and it a dumb move by the writers and if we go in shows a dumb move by Twilight. So yeah, we need more sideline characters like those ponies from Starlight old village

Okie. Just really would prefer the slice of life action like the early days before aciton became the norm in the later seasons. ^^'

Yeah.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing the Young Six be the stars of their own show. Their saga is far from over, that’s for sure.

You're in luck because most of my stories consist of the Young Six. Though, I wish I could go back in time and make some stories before others.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

I would love to see that happen if only hasbro kind of listened

And your stories on these kids are pretty good including your oc character kids as well

Yona's aptitude for science (mentioned in "A Horse Shoe-In" could have been tons of fun to explore, especially with the push to get more females into the various STEM disciplines.

Or since we saw she was working for Rarity in the future, maybe we could've seen her wanting to learn about dress making.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

I sort of made a short story about gallus in his younger years called Young Gallus

I think the Young Six would've been good if they were used in a way of passing the torch.

Seasons 8 and 9 had multiple episodes with one of the Mane Six having the last few seasons of character growth tossed out for the sake of a moral. It would have been a simple matter to instead focus on their new jobs as teachers at the School of Friendship and, you know, teaching the morals instead.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35