Friendship Is Awesomes 302 members · 14,466 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Let's tackle one of the greatest animated film, The Iron Giant directed by the legendary Brad Bird who directed both Incredibles movies and Ratatouille as well as Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol.

Rash- The Iron Giant

A fifty-foot-tall metal-eating robot who fell from space, so he and his creator(s) is presumed to be of extraterrestrial origin. He arrives on Earth slightly damaged and with no recollection of his function. Judging by the capabilities he shows later on, he was designed as a vanguard unit for planetary invasions... although it's not clear if Earth was his original intended target. Unaware of his own purpose when it arrives, he eventually encounters and befriends Scarlet.

Due of his Shadow Jacker nature, I feel Rash would be perfect as Iron Giant as both characters don't want to be tool of destruction and is genuinely good person.

Unlike the ending, he does reunited with Scarlet.

Scarlet- Hogarth Hughes

An energetic, young, curious girl with an active imagination.

Obviously because her romantic bond with Rash fit her as Hogarth better... although, the different is Scarlet would be a teenager girl than young kid and her relationship with Rash would be more romantic than Hogarth and Giant's friendship.

Insect Girl- Annie Hughes

A widow and Scarlet's single mother.

She would be more older in this universe but her motherly attitude would still be part of her as she take care of Scarlet.

Borgman- Dean McCoppin

A beatnik artist and junkyard owner who "sees art where others see junk". He ends up becoming Rash's "caretaker" of sorts, offering him shelter and plenty of metal to eat.

I was going back and forward between him or Dark Mark but since Dean is a laid-back guy, I ultimately settles on Borgman and I imagine Borgman would like the film.

Bob Wallstreet- Kent Mansley

An arrogant, ambitious, paranoid and corrupt government agent sent to investigate Rash. The logo on his official government car says he is from the "Bureau of Unexplained Phenomena."

Since Bob Wallstreet is a conspiracy nutcase who like to spread lies about heroes, he would be good choice as Kent Mansley and he likely to get others to turn against Rash.

Kyan- Lieutenant General Shannon Rogard

The Army (National Guard?) leader in Washington, D.C. who is the military liaison with Wallstreet's department. He doesn't like Wallstreet or feel that this 'giant metal man' thing is anything but a hoax. Once he knows the threat is real, he responds bravely and efficiently — though it soon becomes clear that his unit is up against something too hot to handle.

I feel Kyan is a reasonable guy like Rogard and both of them doesn't get along with Mansley/Wallstreet and not to mention he has hunt down Shadow Jackers... so what if he find the one who isn't like them at all?

I love this movie.

JNKing
Group Admin

Fantastic movie. I'll be honest; whenever you brought up Borgman, I always imagined him as looking similar to the Iron Giant.

But now let's see who my own guys would be:

Iron Giant - Blaze.

While I feel any of Luco's dragons could do, I actually did have a plan for where Blaze loses her power and one of her arms to Kodo after a mishap, and Diamondback gives Blaze a suit of Samus Aran styled armor to help her.

Combine that with Blaze's eagerness to turn Face after she learned of Luco's deceit, and I could see her Iron Giant adventure being one of both redemption and friendship; where she's trying to turn her back on her past and prove herself as something better.

Hogarth - Celine.

This movie is Celine's dream; her going out into the wild, finding someone new who needs a friend, and being there for them. She'd be over the moon to play Hogarth, and to help Blaze find a new path as a hero.

Annie - Shiva

While it would hurt Shiva to go without her husband and possibly son - and be weird to figure out a reason why she's not leading a pack - I could still see her capturing Annie's motherly nature as she cared for her daughter.

Dean - Wildvine

Wildvine is inspired by beatniks and hippies that have a different perspective on things, so I could see her doing well with Dean's laid back attitude and willingness to become Blaze's caretaker.

Kent Mansley - Luco

Believe it or not, in my 'Of Scales and Fur' books, Luco does have a job as a government agent that he exploits to turn people against each other. And while he does love Blaze as a daughter, he also doesn't want her getting away from him. So he'd be very eager to turn the public against her, leaving her nowhere to go but back to him.

So yeah, Luco's Kent wouldn't just be acting out of paranoid arrogance, but also out of a toxic need to prevent Blaze from turning over a new leaf and getting away from him. Something that he'd promptly regret when Blaze went into Unstoppable Rage mode and decided to get him out of her life for good.

Lt. General Shannon Rogard - Fox Hound

Similar to Rogard, I feel that Fox Hound is a Lawful Good or at least Lawful Neutral; she would hate having to work with Luco, but at the same time, she'd know that Blaze was dangerous and would want to take measures to ensure she doesn't hurt anyone. And as soon as Blaze managed to reveal the truth, Fox would want to stop the attacks and allow Blaze to turn herself in.

It would admittedly be a bit of a change in pace for her, since she's used to being the Inspector Javert to Star Wing's Sympathetic Inspector Antagonist, but one that she'd be happy to have.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

It's kind of ironic that Luco hate of being in the suit and yet, have a fun time of getting people to turn against each other during his time as a government agent.

So what happened in your take of the ending? Did Blaze save the civilians from a weapon after Luco did something which got him lose his job? Like Mansley sent out a missile that would wipe out the entire city?

Did she reunited with Celine or what?

I'll be honest; whenever you brought up Borgman, I always imagined him as looking similar to the Iron Giant.

Yeah, that was I thinking when I come up with him.

But I pick Rash cause I feel his nature as Shadow Jackers would put him on government list.

While it would hurt Shiva to go without her husband and possibly son - and be weird to figure out a reason why she's not leading a pack

Again, not every universe have her leading the pack… for example, Fox Hound's counterpart is Agent Smith in The Matrix… not every Fox Hound's counterpart would be good police officer… just saying.

Although, I would considered Luco for Agent Smith but Smith is less emotional guy (well, in the first film) than Luco.

Awesome work! :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

So what happened in your take of the ending? Did Blaze save the civilians from a weapon after Luco did something which got him lose his job? Like Mansley sent out a missile that would wipe out the entire city?

I could see a sort of double take on the ending occurring; Blaze saves the civilians from the missile, and it destroys the Samus suit Diamondback had made for her. Blaze survives, but is left in her vulnerable state, which sort of looks like this:

So, no wings, her scales are gone, she can barely see, and (though the picture doesn't depict it) she also loses an arm. Pretty much, Blaze gets the crud blasted out of her.

However, Celine is there for Blaze, and even though Blaze fears that she can't defend Celine anymore, Celine reminds Blaze that she isn't a weapon, and now she doesn't have to be. Hence, Blaze, while crippled and unable to access her fire powers, is able to pretty much retire to have a nice life with Celine and Shiva. Luco, meanwhile, realizes that Blaze is pretty much useless in a fight, and finally backs off, having no use for her and also figuring out that he was a really poor excuse for a father in the process.

Happy ending... in a way.

But I pick Rash cause I feel his nature as Shadow Jackers would put him on government list.

Agreed; while I do visually associate Borgman with IG, Rash's past and personality I feel makes him a much better fit for the role.

Again, not every universe have her leading the pack… for example, Fox Hound's counterpart is Agent Smith in The Matrix… not every Fox Hound's counterpart would be good police officer… just saying.

I'm not arguing; there's plenty of story paths I've considered where Fox is a villain: so insanely dedicated to upholding the law that she hunts down the likes of Shiva (without her pack) and even Star Wing (back when nobles demeaned her as a Moon Spawn) just because they didn't fit within the bounds of society. And she's technically the villain of Rico and Cat's story, since her pride keeps her from accepting that she's not a good parent for Rico.

Heck, I almost considered Fox for Mansley's role, before I decided Luco had a better fit due to his previous relationship with Blaze.

There's always going to be universes where our characters are far different from who they are originally. And honestly... even if some like Star don't like considering them, it is fun in its own way to see how they could've turned out differently.

Thanks as always for sharing and coming up with these posts. I'm always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5