Friendship Is Awesomes 299 members · 14,333 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Steven Universe is known for fusion when 2 gems fused, their bodies and minds become one. This creates an entirely different entity, as opposed to two minds sharing a single body.

The whole fusions explores a lot of possibilities but for a sake for this post, let's keep it 2 characters combined into one.

I remember JNKing's OC have Shiva and Luke fused into Lia but it got me thinking.

What would happens if Shiva fused with Star Wing? Or if Kodo fused with Red? Or if Cat Catcher fused with Fox Hound? Or Blue Moon fused with Frost Bite? So many possibilities!

What would their fusion name be and what would be their personality since fusions in Steven Universe are treated like a different person.

Before you ask, your OC don't have to be gems to fused, this is hypothetical question.

JNKing
Group Admin

I'll admit, there are a lot of possible combos here - more than I've ever thought of before. But, I'll see what I can do:

As mentioned, we first have Lia, the fusion of Shiva and Luke. Lia is very similar to Garnet, with Shiva being the Sapphire, and Luke being the Ruby. It usually appears when Shiva can't bring herself to risk Luke's life in a really bad situation, or to instill command when Shiva has made a mistake. As such, it tends to be very businesslike and stoic, rarely speaking when in combat, but when it does speak, everyone listens.

Kodo fusing with Red would produce the creature Grimm; a Grim Reaper styled fusion that would look like a shadowy ball of death covered by a blood red cloak, wielding dual scythes on chains. This fusion would be dangerous to have around, as it combines Kodo's inner demons with Red's bitterness over Myst to form a very sadistic and ruthless assassin, that will drain people of their souls and will go on a rampage if left unchecked, similar to Sugilite.

Shiva and Star Wing, I haven't considered, but thinking on it, I like to believe that their fusion would name itself Shing, and even come complete with a sword that makes the 'shing' sound when drawn. This fusion would also look like a knight, and have a lot of Wing's eccentric desire to be a hero carefully wrapped up with Shiva's cautious temperament, forming a personality similar to Sardonyx.

Cat fusing with Fox... again, I haven't considered that one. Near as I can tell, it would produce Cat Hound; which would admittedly be similar to Ricochet, though without her love for photos and videos. Cat Hound would also be a bit of a charmer (Cat's influence) while also being bipolar, switching from charming to angry on a dime. It would definitely be an unstable fusion that wouldn't last long together

Moon fusing with Frost would probably create something like Frosted Moon; an ice dragon like creature that would have Opal's stoic nature, since Frost and Moon are on opposite sides of the inferiority-superiority complex spectrum, and would have to be concentrating very hard to maintain their form. Again, it would definitely not be a fusion that could last long together.

As an added bonus, Celine fusing with her husband, AstralFlare42's Bluu, would produce Cluu; who I imagine would be a sort of police blood hound like creature. I'm not sure on the personality yet, but I'll keep thinking on it.

Additionally, Jackknife's water abilities do give him a sort of fusion ability, though it's more like symbiosis. Either way, he used it for Ricochet to create something similar to Black-Suit Spiderman - though in his case, he likes to call it Ricochet Blue, since it's Ricochet with his powers and abilities.

Similarly, I have plans where he fuses with Blaze, creating a being similar to Samus Aran's fusion suit that might end up getting called Blazing Knives; and utilize smoke attacks similar to Smoke from Mortal Kombat, since the combination of fire and water would naturally produce hot steam.

And on that topic, I also liked the idea of Diamondback making Blaze a suit - similar to Samus' classic or Varia Suit - that had an AI of DB in it, which would technically fuse Blaze and DB into another fusion - still working on names, but maybe Diamond Phoenix? Either way, this fusion would have power over lava, the combination of earth and fire.

Swift and Jackknife could also fuse to form Knife Wind, a living hurricane that combines their power over water and wind to create a deadly combo.

And finally, Diamondback would refuse to let Jackknife fuse with her, since the natural combination of water and earth is mud, and she does not want to be seen as some sort of mud dragon.

That's all I've got for now, but if I come up with more, I'll re-edit or leave another reply with them.

For now, hope you enjoy. :twilightsmile:

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Awesome! :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

Always happy to share. 👍

Interesting idea and here my

For Spark and Selena (And Aster since from what I can remember. Three gems and more gems can fuse) Are name Carnvial since Spark and Selena are party themes dragons and having the fuse would boot there party power. Personality wise, think of Gogeta from Dragon Ball Gt

Blaze and Yue-Long: Well, can't think of a name but I say their fusions would be broken and their fusion personality would be serious yet also funny

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5