Friendship Is Awesomes 302 members · 14,456 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
JNKing
Group Admin

Sequel to Love, Hope and Sorrow

For Auramastermg

At Alchemist's Hollow, Star Wing was comforting her lover, Aura Kaiser, over the betrayal of Luke and the disbandment of the Guardians when suddenly...

Something crashed through Alchemist's Hollow's front door. Star and Para-Twi immediately moved to defend their lovers, only to find that it wasn't an enemy, nor was it Spike.

It was Derpy Hooves, with a letter.

"For Mr. Aura Kaiser and Princess Star Wing," Derpy said happily, oblivious to the damage she had done.

[Para-Twi and Aura's reactions?]

Star just chuckled before taking the letter and offering Derpy a muffin as payment. "Thanks, buddy," she said, before reading.

Her face fell.

If Aura asked her what it was, Star showed him the letter.

"Luke was possessed by a being called Morgana," she said. "That's why he..." she grimaced. "Said the things he said. Morgana was influencing him."

[Aura's reaction?]

"From the looks of things," Star continued as Aura read the letter, "Frost and Connors managed to purge him of Morgana's influence. But Morgana's... body or something like it is under Outer Haven. The whole area's been quarantined, and the wolves and diamond dogs that lived there have been sealed away in one of Connors' safety dimensions for their own... well, safety." She stepped closer. "But... you know what this means right? Luke didn't really mean those things he said. It was Morgana trying to turn you guys against each other!"

What would Aura do?

At the same time, Crystal Rosaline was [insert how she was handling the Disbandment]

However, she then heard a knock on her door.

When she opened the door, no one was there. But at her feet was a familiar bundle:

It was Luke's Dimensional Guardians Jacket; the one she had made for him when he first joined. It was neatly folded in front of her, but it also had stitches on it, like Luke had ripped it in a fit of rage, but then got someone - likely Shiva or possibly even himself - to sew it back together.

Additionally, it was topped with a card.

In the card was this message, written with a very shaky hand, and having a couple of water marks that looked like someone had cried on the parchment.

Hello Crystal,

I understand if you don't end up reading this. Aura, Aster, Jason and Hati already made it clear they hate me, and while Levi did help me see reason, I'm pretty sure the rest of the Guardians hate me too. I understand their hatred; I just wanted to write this down for someone.

Connors and Levi might tell you that some 'Morgana' witch influenced me - made me say the things I said to get Aura to disband us - but she should never have had that chance. I should've been stronger; I shouldn't have let myself be manipulated. More importantly, I shouldn't have let myself be surrounded by so much darkness and hatred.

Aura would always tell me how I was worthy to be among you guys... but a lot like Levi, I never fully believed it. And I suppose now, I've proven why I was right not to believe. I've acted like an entitled brat, constantly wrapped up in the past and blaming you guys for sins long atoned for; always demanding more even when you guys tried to work with me. There's other worlds that already suffer from people like that; your team shouldn't have had to deal with them as well.

And you won't anymore.

I'm locked up in one of Connors' quarantine dimensions; where he keeps dangerous specimens so they won't hurt anyone. No one's with me, so Morgana can't use me to hurt anybody. Connors and Frost are going to make sure that Morgana is out of my mind for good. But even when she is... I'll stay away from you guys.

Red should have returned the jacket to you with this letter. You put too much care and effort into it, and I don't deserve something like it.

I can't say I'm sorry enough times for it to really matter. All I can do is promise you won't have to deal with me anymore.

I wish you, Jason, and your pups good fortune in the future.

Farewell,
Luke

What would Crystal do?

"Luke was possessed by a being called Morgana," she said. "That's why he..." she grimaced. "Said the things he said. Morgana was influencing him."

Aura's eyes went wide when he heard that dreaded name. "Did you say, Morgana?"

"From the looks of things," Star continued as Aura read the letter, "Frost and Connors managed to purge him of Morgana's influence. But Morgana's... body or something like it is under Outer Haven. The whole area's been quarantined, and the wolves and diamond dogs that lived there have been sealed away in one of Connors' safety dimensions for their own... well, safety."

All sound was blocked from Aura as a million things went through his head. 'No wonder why I felt such a huge power from below Outer Haven. If Morgana's body really is there then that means that... I know what I must do.'

She stepped closer. "But... you know what this means right? Luke didn't really mean those things he said. It was Morgana trying to turn you guys against each other!"

Aura came back to reality and looked at his wife. "So it would seem."

He got up and grabbed the remaining pieces of the now broken Elemental Sword and put them in a bag. If Star Wing asked where he was going, Aura would put on a determined face. "If what that letter says is correct, then there is much more then Morgana's body below Outer Haven. Percival told me that he sealed her body in one of the old temples of the Androgynes 100 million years ago. Back when the Androgynes were still around. He told me if he were to ever leave, I would search out that old temple. I gave up searching for it long ago. But now, I know where it is, and it's time to fulfill that promise I made to my mentor/father."

He kneeled down and kissed his wife on the lips. "There's a chance that I may not make it back. I want you to know that you are, and will always be the most important person in my life. And tell Luke, that I'm sorry I lashed out at him."

[Star Wing's response?]

At the same time, Crystal Rosaline was currently setting up her shop in Canterlot with the help of Rarity. While sure the disbandment of the Guardians came as a shock to her, she made the most of it and pushed forward. Well, now she did, as Rarity did have to help the Kitsune since Diamondback was still comforting Cinder, who took it the hardest.

"It's so great to see you back to your normal self Crystal. Depression doesn't really suit you." Rarity said as she organized a row of dresses that Crystal made for the winter.

"Well I can't keep myself cooped up forever. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Crystal smiled as she said that. She was eager to start her business.

However, she then heard a knock on her door.

"Oh, a customer already? But we haven't even opened yet. What should I do Rarity?"

"Oh we can let them in. If somepony or someone came all the way to purchase one of your clothes then it is a sign of good things to come." She went up to the register and waited.

Crystal nodded and walked up to the door. "You got this Crystal. You got this." When she opened the door, no one was there. But at her feet was a familiar bundle:

"Isn't this..."

It was Luke's Dimensional Guardians Jacket; the one she had made for him when he first joined. It was neatly folded in front of her, but it also had stitches on it, like Luke had ripped it in a fit of rage, but then got someone - likely Shiva or possibly even himself - to sew it back together.

Additionally, it was topped with a card.

In the card was this message, written with a very shaky hand, and having a couple of water marks that looked like someone had cried on the parchment.

Hello Crystal,

I understand if you don't end up reading this. Aura, Aster, Jason and Hati already made it clear they hate me, and while Levi did help me see reason, I'm pretty sure the rest of the Guardians hate me too. I understand their hatred; I just wanted to write this down for someone.

Connors and Levi might tell you that some 'Morgana' witch influenced me - made me say the things I said to get Aura to disband us - but she should never have had that chance. I should've been stronger; I shouldn't have let myself be manipulated. More importantly, I shouldn't have let myself be surrounded by so much darkness and hatred.

Aura would always tell me how I was worthy to be among you guys... but a lot like Levi, I never fully believed it. And I suppose now, I've proven why I was right not to believe. I've acted like an entitled brat, constantly wrapped up in the past and blaming you guys for sins long atoned for; always demanding more even when you guys tried to work with me. There's other worlds that already suffer from people like that; your team shouldn't have had to deal with them as well.

And you won't anymore.

I'm locked up in one of Connors' quarantine dimensions; where he keeps dangerous specimens so they won't hurt anyone. No one's with me, so Morgana can't use me to hurt anybody. Connors and Frost are going to make sure that Morgana is out of my mind for good. But even when she is... I'll stay away from you guys.

Red should have returned the jacket to you with this letter. You put too much care and effort into it, and I don't deserve something like it.

I can't say I'm sorry enough times for it to really matter. All I can do is promise you won't have to deal with me anymore.

I wish you, Jason, and your pups good fortune in the future.

Farewell,
Luke

Tears fell from Crystal's eyes and hit the letter as she finished reading it. "Oh Luke."

She grabbed her bag and headed out. "Rarity, postpone the grand opening for tomorrow. I need to save a dear friend."

Rarity gave a smile. "If course my dear. Good luck.

Crystal ran outside and entered her new home. She then opened a book of every known dimension currently out there and narrowed down the possible one that Luke was in. "Luke, I'm on my way."

But before she could she was stopped by two familiar presences, one that she hadn't felt in a long time and another that she thought was long gone.

"It's been a while Crys. You've grown up since the last time I saw you."

She turned around and what she saw shocked her to the core. It was a beautiful woman with long silver hair that looked like it wrapped around her slender body, pure blue eyes and the striking feature were that she had 4 guns.

"Master. Why are you here?"

"She's here to help us."

A figure stepped out and removed their hood, revealing their entire face to her. And when she saw it, she was brought to tears. "It can't be, are you really?"

They quickly shushed her. "No time to explain, time is of the essence. And to win we need everyone, that includes Luke. Come on, we have a Guardian to bring back."

In an unknown dimension we find Luke [insert what Luke was doing.]

When a portal opened up and Crystal and two others came out.

[Luke's response?]

The tall silver woman strutted towards Luke and smiled. "Well, I can see why Aura chose him. Such a strong and handsome one he is."

Crystal stepped up. "Master, he already has a wife."

"Oh I know dearie. But can't a woman have a bit of fun?"

If Luke asked who she was Crystal would push her master back. "She is my master and a retired member of the Guardians from when Percival was the leader. Her name is Venus."

Venus came back up to Luke and held out her hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

[Luke's response?]

JNKing
Group Admin

Aura's eyes went wide when he heard that dreaded name. "Did you say, Morgana?"

Star checked over the letter again. "Yep. Morgana. And from the looks of things," Star continued as Aura read the letter, "Frost and Connors managed to purge him of Morgana's influence. But Morgana's... body or something like it is under Outer Haven. The whole area's been quarantined, and the wolves and diamond dogs that lived there have been sealed away in one of Connors' safety dimensions for their own... well, safety."

All sound was blocked from Aura as a million things went through his head. 'No wonder why I felt such a huge power from below Outer Haven. If Morgana's body really is there then that means that... I know what I must do.'

She stepped closer. "But... you know what this means right? Luke didn't really mean those things he said. It was Morgana trying to turn you guys against each other!"

Aura came back to reality and looked at his wife. "So it would seem."

He got up and grabbed the remaining pieces of the now broken Elemental Sword and put them in a bag.

Star watched him and eagerly transformed into Night Fire, picking up her own weapons. "Alright, we're we going?"

Aura put on a determined face. "If what that letter says is correct, then there is much more then Morgana's body below Outer Haven. Percival told me that he sealed her body in one of the old temples of the Androgynes 100 million years ago. Back when the Androgynes were still around. He told me if he were to ever leave, I would search out that old temple. I gave up searching for it long ago. But now, I know where it is, and it's time to fulfill that promise I made to my mentor/father."

He kneeled down and kissed his wife on the lips. "There's a chance that I may not make it back. I want you to know that you are, and will always be, the most important person in my life. And tell Luke that I'm sorry I lashed out at him."

Night Fire smiled. "You can tell him that yourself," she said, as she cloned herself, alicorn Star Wing walking around Night Fire to kiss her husband on the lips. "One of my clones is going with you. If this is the temple of the Androgyne, you might need Lapis Wing." She nodded at Night Fire, who nodded as well.

"I can either go with you, or I'll sneak after you to jump in if something happens and you need the help," Night Fire teased with a grin. "The choice is yours."

[Aura's response?]

In an unknown dimension, Luke was huddled in the corner of a Negative Pressure room.

He was curled up into a tight ball.

While Connors watched him through the pressure room window with a mournful air.

A portal opened up behind Connors, and he turned as Crystal and her two companions stepped through.

"Ah," Connors nodded. "Hello, Ms. Rosaline." He gave a nod to the others as well. "Ms. Venus," he said with a small smile, before greeting the other companion by name as well. He sighed as he looked back. "If you're here to see Lucifer, I'm... afraid he's not very interested in visitors."

To show it, Connors knocked on the window. Luke's eyes briefly opened, and he gave the group a mournful look.

"Well," the tall silver woman noted with a smile. "I can see why Aura chose him. Such a strong and handsome one he is."

Crystal stepped up. "Master, he already has a wife."

"Oh I know dearie. But can't a woman have a bit of fun?"

Crystal nudged her master back. "Forgive her, Luke. She is my master and a retired member of the Guardians from when Percival was the leader. Her name is Venus."

Venus nodded, the pressure room keeping her from being able to try and shake his paw. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Luke merely looked away from them, too full of regret and shame to look at Crystal.

If Venus or Crystal asked if they could go into the pressure room, Connors would sigh.

"He's technically clean, but..." Connors walked them over to the door, and the second he put his hand on the knob, Luke shot over like a lightning bolt, holding the door closed and giving Connors a desperate pleading look.

"Please don't," he whispered, his voice pained and scared. "I don't want to hurt anybody again."

"Luke, you're clean," Connors assured him. "Frost was very thorough."

Luke shook his head. "Still not safe," he insisted, his grip on the door not faltering. "I'm not safe to be around." And he stayed there, keeping the door shut.

"I can either go with you, or I'll sneak after you to jump in if something happens and you need the help," Night Fire teased with a grin. "The choice is yours."

Aura sighed but smiled at Star Wing. "You were already going to follow me anyway so why not. Let's go."

"He's technically clean, but..." Connors walked them over to the door, and the second he put his hand on the knob, Luke shot over like a lightning bolt, holding the door closed and giving Connors a desperate pleading look.

"Please don't," he whispered, his voice pained and scared. "I don't want to hurt anybody again."

"Luke, you're clean," Connors assured him. "Frost was very thorough."

Luke shook his head. "Still not safe," he insisted, his grip on the door not faltering. "I'm not safe to be around." And he stayed there, keeping the door shut.

Yet when he turned he saw that the third stranger was right infront of him. "Luke, I mean you no harm, I am a friend."

He removed his hood and revealed his blue skin, purple and blue hair, and his eyes resembled that of clock gears.

"My name is Chrono. I'm sure that Aura has told you much about me?"

If Luke asked how he got in the room Chrono would sit down. "I just jumped myself forward in time. I would explain, but then we'd be here for hours."

If Luke still said nothing Chrono would sigh and sit next to him. "I know what your going through. You feel as if you are the sole reason this is happening. That if you were stronger then you could of prevented this. Carrying all that on your shoulders, it can wear anyone down."

If Luke asked where Chrono was going with this he could see Chrono clench his fist in frustration. "I was on a job, it was to prevent the fall of a timeline. The one that Aura's son was from. And... I failed. I failed in saving his friends, your pack, your home, everything. All because I felt like that this was all my fault."

He looked at Luke. "I should of given up but I remembered that there are still those who need me. Luke, you are more worthy of being a Guardian then any of us. We are not perfect, we still make mistakes, but we can still learn from them. And we and your family need you. And if you are still unsure, let me ask you a question. 'Are you okay with sitting here feeling worthless, or are you going to show Morgana and Inanis what your really made of?'"

He then got up and handed Luke a map. "This is a map to an underground temple that is under your home. If you chose to fight, make your way to the temple. But that is a choice for you to make, not me. You decide your own fate."

He then walked out and looked at Connors. "And whatever you do. Do not tell Aura, Honda or any of the other Guardians that you knew that I was still alive. I do thank you for keeping it a secret as long as possible, but please keep it for a little longer. I still have a few things that I need to finish before our guest arrive in leas then two weeks."

[OC's response?]

Crystal then went to Connors. "And please bring me to my husband and Aster. I would like to have a word with them."

If Connors agreed he would open a portal to the safe dimension where it opened up infront of Jason and Aster. Crystal then used her tails to grab the two of them and pull them in. She had a very angry look on her face.

"Even after you two learned that Luke was possessed you still blame him? Have you no shame?!" Crystal scolded them.

Aster was scared and backed up, even more when he found Venus behind her. "B-b-but he said..."

"NO EXCUSES! If you really want to be a hero then you should also be forgiving and learn when you are wrong!" She then glared at her husband. "And you, weren't you in the same position as Luke a few years back when we couldn't find Aura! You let your own anger control you and you left us for God knows how long! I'd thought you would understand Luke but apparently not!"

Jason gulped and backed up. "But Luke was attacking Aster. I was just trying to help out my best friend."

"I SAID NO EXCUSES!!!!!" Her fur bristled up and flared. "NOW GO AND APOLOGIZE TO LUKE!!!!!"

Both of them scattered and went towards the door that Luke was in.

"Hey Luke. It's me Aster. I just want to say that I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did. It was wrong of me and I shouldn't of said that to you. You are my friend and teammate and I should of known better."

Jason then stepped up. "And I shouldn't of said those things to you when you were freed. I was just so angry that you nearly crippled my best friend and Iet my anger get the best of me. Guess I still need to work on that too."

[Luke's response?]

JNKing
Group Admin

Aura sighed but smiled at Night Fire. "You were already going to follow me anyway so why not. Let's go."

Night Fire winked. "Right behind ya." She then hoisted him onto her back. "Or underneath ya."

If he insisted he could just teleport, Night Fire hushed him. "You have a dragon for a wife, my love. Let her be your personal taxi." She then paused.

"You don't know where to go, do you?" Aura might note.

"I was hoping it wouldn't be that obvious," Night Fire admitted with a sheepish grin. :twilightsheepish:
She then let Aura down and brushed herself off as they teleported to where they needed to go.

Luke stayed there, keeping the door shut.

Yet when he turned he saw that the third stranger was right infront of him. "Luke, I mean you no harm, I am a friend."

However, Luke morphed into a very irritated Connors, as the entire scene shifted to the third stranger being once again outside Luke's pressure room, Luke huddled in his corner.

Connors then showed a video of a Luke screaming in said corner (for context, he sounded like the dog in this video (1:25 to 2:05)

"I understand your intentions are good," Connors said as he lowered the video. "But the last time someone just went into Luke's room like that without his permission, he went into a screaming fit for three hours." His eyes narrowed. "And that was when the intruder was his own wife. So, for the sake of his sanity and mine, don't do that again, Chrono."

"C-Chrono?" Luke's hesitant voice piped up from the quarantine room. Cautiously, Luke lifted his head up to the window, gazing in shock as Chrono removed his hood, revealing his blue skin, purple and blue hair, and his eyes resembled that of clock gears.

"Yes, Luke, my name is Chrono. I'm sure that Aura has told you much about me?"

"B-But," Luke stammered, backing away from the window. "Y-You died. Jacey said so. So did Inanis. Lu Bu's been..."

The mere mention of Lu Bu caused Luke's depression to come back in full force, and his previous curiosity was swallowed up by despair. He slumped next to the window and held his head in his hands, struggling not to sob in regret for how he'd treated the Guardian.

Chrono sighed and sat opposite him; were it not for the wall separating them, the two would have been sitting back to back. "I know what your going through. You feel as if you are the sole reason this is happening. That if you were stronger then you could of prevented this. Carrying all that on your shoulders, it can wear anyone down."

Luke dropped his hands. "Does this have something to do with why you let Lu Bu believe you were dead?"

Chrono clenched his fist in frustration. "I was on a job, it was to prevent the fall of a timeline. The one that Aura's son was from. And... I failed. I failed in saving his friends, your pack, your home, everything. All because I felt like this was all my fault."

He looked back at Luke. "I almost gave up, but I remembered that there are still those who need me. Luke, you are more worthy of being a Guardian then..."

He was cut off as Luke began laughing. Well, not exactly laughing. His laugh was discordant and strained, melting into heartbroken sobs.

If Chrono asked why Luke was laughing... or crying, Luke managed to choke out, "You guys... keep telling me that. You keep telling me that I'm worthy; that I deserve to be in the Guardians; to wield the Elemental Sword. But..." His choking laughter became much more clearly sobs. "Just like Levi, I can't ever fully believe it. But even Levi... I'll bet there's a part of him that still wants to try. That wants to believe and so strives to be deserving." Luke's sniffled. "But me? I don't have that. Instead I have this..." He clutched at his chest. "This desire to not be worthy. That's how Morgana took control; she just grabbed the part of me that never wanted to be in the Guardians; never wanted to be worthy of anything other than being Shiva's husband, and turned it corrupt and cruel" His laughter came back in full force. "That makes me selfish, right? The idea that I wouldn't want such honors or praise. But..." His sobbing returned. "I can't stop how I feel anymore. I tried to hide it... and Morgana used it to turn me into a monster!"

"Luke," Chrono assured him, likely wishing he could touch him, but the wall restricted it, and Connors had already warned how Luke would react if anyone intruded on his space. "We are not perfect. We still make mistakes, but we can still learn from them. And we and your family need you. And if you are still unsure, let me ask you a question: 'Are you okay with sitting here feeling worthless, or are you going to show Morgana and Inanis what your really made of?'"

Luke clutched his head, silent.

He then got up and handed Connors a map. "This is a map to an underground temple that is under his home. If he choses to fight, give it to him, so that he may make his way to the temple."

Connors nodded as Chrono turned back to Luke.

"But that is a choice for you to make, not me. You decide your own fate."

Luke gave a hollow laugh, and an empty smile at that, pretty clearly not believing, but otherwise he didn't say anything else.

Chrono looked at Connors. "And whatever you do..."

"Aura will not know," Connors replied. "Neither will Honda or any of the other Guardians. Not until you are ready."

"Good," Chrono nodded. "Thank you for keeping it a secret as long as possible. I only ask that you please keep it for a little longer. I still have a few things that I need to finish before our guest arrive in less then two weeks."

Connors nodded with a vague smile. "Back when I was human, my treasure did not lie in gold or jewels. It lay in secrets. And secrets only retained their value when very few people know about them." He shook Chrono's hand. "I can easily promise you, this secret will definitely be one of my most well-kept."

Crystal then went to Connors. "And please bring me to my husband and Aster. I would like to have a word with them."

Connors nodded, and opened a portal for her.

As Crystal, Chrono and Venus walked out, Luke gazed at a pack link image of himself and his entire pack. Shiva and Myst - smiling in each other's presence. Darius, arm in arm with Luke like brothers. Celine piggyback-riding an exasperated looking Kodo, though he couldn't hide the amused grin at his sister's antics. Jazz in the background, playing her flute. Red up above, watching Logan with a smile as he laughed at his dad and aunt's antics, especially with Lizzie chasing her mother and cheering her on. Even Riverstone was there, looking healthier than before and arm in arm with Star Wing, the two of them looking like no grudge had ever forced them apart. Luke's eyes watered as he then saw Aster, Hati, Levi, Saki and Mika, who were [insert what they would be doing while taking a pack portrait?]

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep," Luke recited, before sighing and putting away his photo. "But I still have promises to keep."

"And miles to go before I sleep," Connors recited with him, opening the door to his safe room, and offering him both the map and his armor.

Luke gazed at them with a weary air. "Miles to go before I sleep."

After getting chewed out by Crystal, Aster and Jason went towards the door that contained Luke. They heard the faint sound of straps being tightened; armor being donned. When they looked through the window, they saw Luke putting his Guardian Armor back on; the kind that emphasized his Lucario heritage.

"Hey Luke?" Aster offered.

Luke paused briefly but didn't turn to the door, continuing to put on his armor.

"It's me Aster. I just want to say that I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did. It was wrong of me and I shouldn't have said that to you. You are my friend and teammate and I should have known better."

Jason then stepped up. "And I shouldn't have said those things to you when you were freed. I was just so angry that you nearly crippled my best friend and Iet my anger get the best of me. Guess I still need to work on that too."

Luke opened the door, fully armored up. He gave his former teammates a sad but determined gaze.

"There's nothing to apologize for," Luke replied, tightening the straps on his wrists. "What I said... what I did..." he gave a morose look at where he had crippled Aster. "None of it was called for. Morgana's influence or no." He walked past them. "You shouldn't feel forced to forgive me. Not when I haven't done anything to deserve it yet."

If either of them asked what he was going to do, Luke summoned No Mercy, which sprang to life like a lightsaber in his hand.

"I'm going to protect all of you from Morgana," he promised, looking back at them. "I'm going to make Aura reinstate the Guardians. You two will have your old lives back." He turned away, lifting the map Connors had given him. "And then..." He slashed No Mercy, creating a portal. "I'm leaving the Guardians and the Outer Haven Pack. You guys will never be bothered by me again."

Before Jason or Aster could protest, Luke stepped through the portal, and it blinked shut.

As Crystal, Chrono and Venus walked out, Luke gazed at a pack link image of himself and his entire pack. Shiva and Myst - smiling in each other's presence. Darius, arm in arm with Luke like brothers. Celine piggyback-riding an exasperated looking Kodo, though he couldn't hide the amused grin at his sister's antics. Jazz in the background, playing her flute. Red up above, watching Logan with a smile as he laughed at his dad and aunt's antics, especially with Lizzie chasing her mother and cheering her on. Even Riverstone was there, looking healthier than before and arm in arm with Star Wing, the two of them looking like no grudge had ever forced them apart. Luke's eyes watered as he then saw Aster who was in his mother's arms, Hati who stood behind Luke and Shiva, giving them a fatherly smile, Levi with his paw on Luke's shoulder, Saki and Mika, who were being themselves, Saki trying to flirt with a girl but Mika snapped him out of it as she pulled him back by the ear.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep," Luke recited, before sighing and putting away his photo. "But I still have promises to keep."

"And miles to go before I sleep," Connors recited with him, opening the door to his safe room, and offering him both the map and his armor.

Luke gazed at them with a weary air. "Miles to go before I sleep."

After getting chewed out by Crystal, Aster and Jason went towards the door that contained Luke. They heard the faint sound of straps being tightened; armor being donned. When they looked through the window, they saw Luke putting his Guardian Armor back on; the kind that emphasized his Lucario heritage.

"Hey Luke?" Aster offered.

Luke paused briefly but didn't turn to the door, continuing to put on his armor.

"It's me Aster. I just want to say that I'm sorry that I reacted the way I did. It was wrong of me and I shouldn't have said that to you. You are my friend and teammate and I should have known better."

Jason then stepped up. "And I shouldn't have said those things to you when you were freed. I was just so angry that you nearly crippled my best friend and Iet my anger get the best of me. Guess I still need to work on that too."

Luke opened the door, fully armored up. He gave his former teammates a sad but determined gaze.

"There's nothing to apologize for," Luke replied, tightening the straps on his wrists. "What I said... what I did..." he gave a morose look at where he had crippled Aster. "None of it was called for. Morgana's influence or no." He walked past them. "You shouldn't feel forced to forgive me. Not when I haven't done anything to deserve it yet."

If either of them asked what he was going to do, Luke summoned No Mercy, which sprang to life like a lightsaber in his hand.

"I'm going to protect all of you from Morgana," he promised, looking back at them. "I'm going to make Aura reinstate the Guardians. You two will have your old lives back." He turned away, lifting the map Connors had given him. "And then..." He slashed No Mercy, creating a portal. "I'm leaving the Guardians and the Outer Haven Pack. You guys will never be bothered by me again."

Before Jason or Aster could protest, Luke stepped through the portal, and it blinked shut.

Both of them looked at each other and gulped. "This isn't good." Aster said.

His portal opened up and Luke jumped out. He could recognize the smell and he knew that he was underneath Outer Haven. When he looked up he saw the temple that Chrono had mentioned and stared up at it in awe.

Shaking it off, he marched forward when he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Luke?"

He turned to see Aura and Star Wing right beside him.

[Luke's response?]

If he asked what Aura was doing here, he would bring up a pouch with the remains of the Elemental Sword and point to the temple. "After Percival left he tasked me with finding this temple, to think that it was under your home all this time. But why are you here?"

JNKing
Group Admin

His portal opened up and Luke jumped out. He could recognize the smell and he knew that he was underneath Outer Haven. When he looked up he saw the temple that Chrono had mentioned and stared up at it with determination.

He marched forward when he was stopped by a familiar voice.

"Luke?"

He turned to see Aura and Star Wing right beside him.

“Aura,” Luke mumbles, looking away with shame in his body language. “Why are you here?”

Aura brought up a pouch with the remains of the Elemental Sword and point to the temple. "After Percival left he tasked me with finding this temple. To think that it was under your home all this time. But why are you here?"

“Fixing what I broke.” Luke briefly held up the map before his eyes flashed with anger. “What I said… was way over the line. I accept that.” He turned to Aura angrily. “But Aster didn’t do anything. Jason, Levi, even Lu Bu; none of them deserved to lose the thing that gave their lives meaning.”

[Aura’s reaction?]

Luke took a calming breath. “But I guess it doesn’t matter. What matters is what we do now.” He held up the map again. “Connors gave me this; told me that there was a fight brewing here, and that I’d be needed.” He glared at the temple. “Tonight, I die protecting my family, my friends, and the people I’ve wronged.” He took an unsteady breath and headed for the temple. “Hopefully, I’ll find redemption in death.”

“WHAT?!” Star stammered. “Y-you can’t, Luke! What about Shiva and the pack!”

Luke’s eyes were dead inside. “They hate me. All of you do.” He glanced at Aura. “Right?”

“No way!” Star insisted. “We know now that Morgana was messing with your head.”

“And yet you never considered why I suddenly started saying those things?” Luke pointed out. “You never wondered if there was something wrong with me; you just assumed the tired, stressed and possessed dog knew exactly what he was rambling about, and so jumped right to disbanding the whole team because one insignificant dog didn’t want to be there anymore?”

[Aura’s response?]

“Fixing what I broke.” Luke briefly held up the map before his eyes flashed with anger. “What I said… was way over the line. I accept that.” He turned to Aura angrily. “But Aster didn’t do anything. Jason, Levi, even Lu Bu; none of them deserved to lose the thing that gave their lives meaning.”

Aura looked down with guilt. "Luke I..."

Luke took a calming breath. “But I guess it doesn’t matter. What matters is what we do now.” He held up the map again. “Connors gave me this; told me that there was a fight brewing here, and that I’d be needed.” He glared at the temple. “Tonight, I die protecting my family, my friends, and the people I’ve wronged.” He took an unsteady breath and headed for the temple. “Hopefully, I’ll find redemption in death.”

“WHAT?!” Star stammered. “Y-you can’t, Luke! What about Shiva and the pack!”

Luke’s eyes were dead inside. “They hate me. All of you do.” He glanced at Aura. “Right?”

“No way!” Star insisted. “We know now that Morgana was messing with your head.”

“And yet you never considered why I suddenly started saying those things?” Luke pointed out. “You never wondered if there was something wrong with me; you just assumed the tired, stressed and possessed dog knew exactly what he was rambling about, and so jumped right to disbanding the whole team because one insignificant dog didn’t want to be there anymore?”

He clenched his fist and took a deep breath, then looked directly at Luke. "Your right."

At first Luke was about to sat something back but he gave Aura a confused look. "What?" This wasn't what he expected.

"I should of realized that something was wrong with you. I should of taken that situation calmly. But I didn't. All because, I'm scared." Aura admitted as he wrapped his arms around him.

"I'm scared of losing anyone. The Guardians are like my family and to hear that someone wants to leave, it tears a hole in my heart." He walked up to Luke.

"I should of talked to you instead if taking the cowards way out. But something came over me and I lost it. I guess the toll of taking Percival's mantle had finally caught up to me. Maybe the pressure of leadership was starting to wear me down and I lost it. And now, I drove away my family." He looked down with guilt in his eyes.

Then he looked at Luke with saddened eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm not fit to be a leader. What kind of leader ignores his teammate when they're in trouble? Just... please don't leave me. I can't lose another family member again."

He then fell to his knees and sobbed. "I can't, I can't."

JNKing
Group Admin

He clenched his fist and took a deep breath, then looked directly at Luke. "You're right."

Luke paused; he had almost expected Aura to snap back at him or something. He tilted his head in curiosity.

"I should of realized that something was wrong with you. I should of taken that situation calmly. But I didn't. All because..."

Luke realized it from the light in his eyes. "You're scared."

Aura nodded as he wrapped his arms around him.

"Oh... Aura," Star whispered, moving to comfort him.

"I'm scared of losing anyone. The Guardians are like my family. A-And to hear that someone wants to leave? It tears a hole in my heart." He walked up to Luke. "I should of talked to you instead of taking the cowards way out. But something came over me and I lost it. I guess the toll of taking Percival's mantle had finally caught up to me. Maybe the pressure of leadership was starting to wear me down and I lost it. And now, I drove away my family." He looked down with guilt in his eyes.

"Not your whole family," Star tried to remind him.

"But enough," Aura insisted, before looking at Luke with saddened eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm not fit to be a leader. What kind of leader ignores his teammate when they're in trouble? Just... please don't leave me. I can't lose another family member again."

Luke gave Aura a sad look. "Aura," he said, his voice gentle, but also sad. "The way you treated me... the way I've treated you..." he looked down in guilt. "It hasn't been healthy. It's exactly how we lose our family members."

Aura fell to his knees and sobbed, Star clinging to her husband and trying to calm him, all while Luke watched on with a heartbroken expression. Wanting to join Star in hugging Aura - clearly longing for it - yet also still visibly hurt by Aura disbanding the Guardians and causing Aster to despise Luke.

Luke got a step or two forward. His hand reached out, tentatively, for Aura's shoulder... only for a clatter of stones to draw his attention.

Luke spun to the source of the sound, sword out and ready. But nothing came for them. Luke's Aura Sense could only sense any danger within the temple.

Sensing his agitation, Star got up as well, ready to protect her husband. And though nothing came out to attack them, the three were still left on edge.

"This is no place to have this conversation," Luke said, glancing at Star. "Star?"

Star nodded and stepped forward to guard as Luke sheathed his blade and cupped Aura's face in his hands.

"I want you to know, Aura," he said. "No matter what; I will always consider you my brother." He gave an intense look that dissuaded protest. "That will NEVER change. No matter where life takes us or what it throws at us."

[Aura's response?]

If Aura asked if that meant he would stay a Guardian, Luke glanced back at the temple before managing a faint smile.

"Let's get rid of Morgana first," Luke proposed. "After that, we'll talk about the Guardians. Okay?"

"Let's get rid of Morgana first," Luke proposed. "After that, we'll talk about the Guardians. Okay?"

The three then looked up at the temple, wondering just what horrors and adventures lay and waiting once they get inside.

Yet unknown to them, Chrono was watching them and took out his pocket watch. "Seems to be going smoothly, just as my vision predicted. Now all that's left is to reunite the others and bring them here."

He then vanished to finish his job.

To be continued...

Thanks for sharing! :twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

Unknown to them, Chrono was watching them and took out his pocket watch. "Seems to be going smoothly, just as my vision predicted. Now all that's left is to reunite the others and bring them here."

He then vanished to finish his job, unaware that he had been watched by Shiva.

However, Shiva didn't seem to know who he was, for she merely gazed ponderously in his direction before turning her attention to Luke. She sighed.

"My silly King," she murmured. "What are you getting yourself into?" She looked up at the temple, taking in any old decorations that implied it was for Androgynes before sighing. "Doesn't matter. You're not doing this alone."

She then ran after her husband.

To be continued...

Thanks for sharing! :twilightsmile:

Always happy to share. :pinkiehappy: 👍

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11