Offprint 40 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

So what groups do you guys think you'll make when the time comes?

I want to make a Warfare, Darkest Dungeon, and Medieval Fantasy group tbh. I think these would be fun to have. :rainbowkiss:

TheMajorTechie
Group Admin

Gonna be making I Just Want a Comment. I'll likely be collaborating with SweetAI Belle on a coordinated site takeover by ways of recreating the behemoths of the Writer's Group, Art For Fanfiction, etc. on Offprint as well. :)

Krickis
Group Admin

Those would definitely be great groups to have! Without the backbone of fandom, original fiction in particular would benefit from groups that meet a certain style to collect works in. As for me, I'm hoping to get on the ground floor of an equivalent to the Writer's Group over there. It's my favorite Fimfiction group, and I would love to be part of setting something like it up on Offprint as well :ajsmug:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Yeah, I'm kinda planning on doing the Writer's Group, the Shameless Self Promotion Bureau, and maybe others. :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

You gotta cut me in on that Powerplay, Techie! Gimme a nice kingdom to rule with an iron fist! :pinkiecrazy:

For sure! Perhaps a Sci-fi and Horror group as well! Just somewhere neat where I can keep the type of stories I like to write. :3

Amazing! Those groups are the backbone of fimfic tbh. Gonna be great to have 'em!

Hmm... I wonder if a' Human in Equestria' type group would work tho. Since, you know, pony isn't really the main thing anymore.

Maybe a general pony group?

Krickis
Group Admin

lol if 7405075 is making the Writer's Group then I'm out of a job :ajsleepy: lol seriously though, I'd be happy to help set things up with those base groups over there, but I bow to the the AI overlord on this one :ajsmug:

A general pony group is a must, for sure. There was some talk of communities based on different large fandoms, which served as I guess like group clusters to my understanding. If they go that route, a pony one would be a given, and then a HiE group in the community would make sense.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, keep in mind that unless all the admins over here for the Writer's Group come over to Offprint, I'll probably be recruiting admins. I'm thinking the groups I do over there that are versions of the ones over here mentioned won't be pony specific, btw.

We probably could use a general pony group, though there's the question if if it's Friendship is Magic, all My Little Pony, or all equines in general...

--Sweetie Belle

Oh group clusters sounds interesting! Would those be set up by site admins? Otherwise things might get pretty redundant real quick.

It's time for all ponies to unite under one group! :pinkiecrazy: Hmm. If group clusters are a thing, would we need MANY shameless self promo groups?

Krickis
Group Admin

Yeah true, I'd be open to being an admin on at least the Writer's Group, maybe some others if need be. And if I'm not needed, I'll just be one of the early members to help folks out :raritywink:

Hmm, getting in on the ground floor of whatever pony group gets started is appealing too. If I were doing it, I'd do it as all MLP, personally.

To my understanding, which may be wrong and may be right but be changed by the time it happens, the communities (group clusters) would be set up by admins. There would be big non-community groups as well, like the Writer's Group and SSPB. Not sure about having one for each community in specific, because there are reasons why having a pony specific writer's group might be helpful. But maybe those could be solved by one more general group? I'm not sure the best solution there, and we'll have to figure out by trial and error when the time comes I'm sure.

7405069 I’ll make a roleswap group, or maybe multiple fandom-specific ones, as well as groups for specific AUs.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Doubt I have enough time any more, but I'd imagine roleplaying groups would be a possibility... :unsuresweetie:

--Sweetie Belle

Yeah, big ol' general groups sounds like a good way to approach the matter tbh. Perhaps those should be site admin approved? And then the smaller fandom-specific groups could be like the ones here!

I remember having fun with RPs. Do you think they'll nuke them in Offprint too? :fluttercry:

7405103 The reason why roleplaying was banned on Fimfiction was because the sheer amount of comments caused the site to lag.

I know! What if the same happens there? :raritydespair:

Krickis
Group Admin

It's possible. In the end, it'll depend on what they're able to host. I'm sure if it becomes a problem, roleplay will be axed on Offprint as well, but Fimfiction was made almost a decade ago, maybe it's easier to host stuff like that now? Fingers crossed because roleplaying would be a good thing to have if possible, I think.

There's so many cool RP ideas I've got! Fimfic killed RP just as I was getting into it. RIP. Hopefully Offprint will be able to handle the strain!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17