G5 Adventures 40 members · 31 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
ponydog127
Group Admin

Who thinks I might be able to do something with the Kung Fu Panda movie series?

I'll admit, I wasn't a fan of it at first, but after watching the trailer for the fourth one releasing in 2024, I decided to give it a chance... but I'll need a bunch of help since I don't know it all too well.

I say don't do it.

Actually, I wouldn't recommend doing it, because Mr. Enigma's already doing it.

Admiral Producer
Group Admin

I say definitely do it. I love the Kung Fu Panda franchise and I think it’ll be fun brainstorming ideas for each of them. The second movie especially is my favorite, but we should probably do the whole series in preparation for the next movie.

I wouldn’t worry too much about that. In this business, there’s bound to be inevitable overlap in our ideas and at least in my opinion, G5 Adventures shouldn’t be limited to only doing projects that Cinematic Adventures isn’t doing because eventually, we’ll run out of ideas.

ponydog127
Group Admin

Do you think you could help me then? I don't know the franchise very well and it would be great for someone to help me through it.

Admiral Producer
Group Admin

I’d love to. I’ve watched these movies more times than I can count and they’re full of beautiful symbolisms and messages.

Comment posted by ponydog127 deleted Dec 13th, 2023
ponydog127
Group Admin

That sounds great! Thanks. Meet me in a DM?

ponydog127
Group Admin

And here is the link to the trailer for Kung Fu Panda 4;

KUNG FU PANDA 4 | Official Trailer - YouTube

I say yes, and to help you I tell you this:

1) Here is a link to a story inspired by the first movie to inspire you:

2) In honor of the scene from the second movie, I have written this scene based on the original:

Sunny Starscout shook her head. And then... as she looked towards a puddle made of rainwater, she didn't see herself.

Or rather, not like she was now.

She saw herself as a baby filly. Innocent blue eyes, along with a wide and smiling smile.

Then, everything around him changed.

The ruins were transformed, taking on an appearance where their former inhabitants... thrived. Earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi cultivated the fields or flew kites like dragons through the sky.

Two ponies approached the baby Sunny, with one of them picking her up with a warm smile.

She was his mother.

Those eyes, so frightened in previous visions, now contained nothing but warmth and happiness. To her left, a strong, familiar stallion hugged her mother's side.

It was her father, Argyle Starshine.

"It was a very prosperous village. Young Opaline Arcana was the heir to the throne of Equestria... but she wanted more..." an elderly Zecora whispered, shaking her head as guilt hit her, pulling Sunny out of the vision "One day, I predicted that someone would stand in his way: a pony".

Sunny's eyes widened as the elderly zebra turned towards her, her voice breaking and tears welling up in her eyes.

"But I would never have been able to predict what happened next..." she lamented.

Logic connected the words, as the next memory brought Sunny to her knees.

Fire. Burning everywhere.

Ponies fled in terror, while creatures made of darkness and led by a young Opaline, attacked them.

Her screams made baby Sunny cry, as she hugged her favorite stuffed animal to her chest, totally scared.

Then, almost like a nightmare...her whimpers attracted the attention of Opaline, who was looking at her with murderous intent.

"KILL THEM!!" Opaline ordered.

The dark creatures ran towards baby Sunny with the intention of killing her... only to receive a brutal kick from her mother, who threw them at the feet of an enraged Opaline.

"Take our daughter and save her!" the mother ordered firmly to Argyle, as he picked up Sunny "RUN!!".

Sadly accepting the request, Argyle turned and fled with Sunny on her hooves towards the shadows of the night forest, while Sunny's stuffed animal fell from her hands.

Briefly exiting the vision, Sunny found herself standing before a small pile of old, burnt-black wooden boards... with something beneath them.

Separating the boards, Sunny found her old stuffed animal, but even touching it restored her vision.

Opaline Arcana's cutie mark...and her father abandoning her.

Screaming in terror, Sunny fell to her knees, her own tears running down her face, merging with the rain.

"Don't block it..." Zecora's soft voice whispered "Let it flow..."

Those words were like an anchor in a stormy sea for Sunny, as she felt her breathing slow and her heart remained steady.

Slowly, she raised her head and let the raindrops fall, while she cleared her doubts.

As her breathing stabilized and she felt her doubts and fears fade, Sunny began to slide her hoof, while she copied the movements she had seen in a meditation book by her friend Pipp Petals weeks ago.

At that moment, a single raindrop came within reach of her and Sunny extended her hoof, catching the drop as the vision continued.

She saw her father running through the night forest, while he held his daughter tightly to his chest, with one of Opaline's creatures chasing after them.

Argyle managed to avoid it... but one of the creature's claws caught him on her leg, causing him to stumble and fall down a small hill, while he covered baby Sunny with her hooves.

As he clutched his leg, Argyle winced as he felt the pain of the creature's attack, knowing that he couldn't run with that wound... as the sound of the creatures and the hum of Opaline's aura grew closer.

Argyle desperately searched for some way to escape... until his eyes fell on an old basket by a nearby river, when the sound of the creatures echoed through the forest.

Forced forward, Argyle limped to the basket as he watched the creatures race past and out of sight.

Looking back at his injured leg, Argyle gave the basket and the river one more look. Conflicting emotions flashed across his face, before he reluctantly placed Sunny on…

Sunny's eyes snapped open, as time itself seemed to freeze and the drop of rain slid off her hooves, recognizing the basket from her vision...

It was the same basket that the people at the Maretime Bay orphanage found years ago when they adopted her.

Placing her daughter in the basket, Argyle shushed her baby when she fussed, kissing her forehead even as tears began to well up in her eyes.

"Forgive me, my daughter. I'm sorry that I won't be able to see you grow anymore..." Argyle whispered, while he hugged her "But I'm sure... that even if your mother and I are not by your side... you will have ponies by your side who will always be with you..."

Her voice broke too much to continue, as he touched Sunny's head to his and let go, letting the gentle current of the river carry her away.

"I love you, my little pony..." Argyle sobbed "More than anything in this world..."

And while Sunny could only watch, he sobbed as she weakly reached for her father, who limped back up the hill and waved her hooves at him.

"HEY, OVER HERE!" Argyle bellowed, his voice instantly silencing Sunny's screams, "COME FOR ME!!"

Sunny couldn't see her father's face, but she could guess that he had put on a terrifying look... as the creatures and Opaline herself began to chase him...

And then, everything was silent...

Even 20 years later, when Argyle Starshine died at the hands of Opaline Arcana, the daughter placed the raindrop on the leaf of a plant at her feet.

Sunny's breathing remained steady, but her cheeks were soaked with tears, as she fell to her knees, crying for her father; that he had not abandoned her, but rather he gave her life to save her.

"Dad... I'm sorry..." Sunny couldn't help but think "I'm so sorry... for everything..."

In that moment, Sunny could have wished for many things that could change what happened that day... until Zecora's calming voice reached her ears.

"Your story may not have a very happy beginning... but that doesn't make you who you are..."

When Sunny turned to Zecora, she saw the old zebra giving her a comforting and reassuring smile.

"It's the rest of your story... whatever you decide to be..." she insisted.

At that moment, Sunny looked at the rainy sky again... as more memories flooded her mind...

Being found and adopted by the owners of the orphanage.

Meeting her friend Hitch and obtaining ownership of the Maretime Bay lighthouse.

All of her attempts to convince the earth ponies that unicorns and pegasi are not evil.

Meeting Izzy, Zipp and Pipp.

Travel through Equestria to recover the Unity Crystals.

Confronting and defeating Sprout Cloverleaf.

Restored Equestria's magic and gained her own alicorn transformation.

The birth of Sparky Sparkeroni.

Accepting Misty into her friendship circle.

Hitch hugging her, while telling her that he couldn't stand to see her die.

And finally... her and all of her friends hugging in the Crystal Brighthouse, together... like a family.

At that moment, Sunny couldn't help but smile... as she realized that, despite losing her parents when she was little, she always had a family by her side.

"So tell me... who are you, little pony?" Zecora asked.

At that moment, Sunny had the answer… as her determined gaze focused on the dark clouds floating around the Castle of Opaline Arcana, where her friends were held prisoner.

"I'm Sunny Starscout. And I'm going to save Equestria...and my family".

Very cool, right?

ponydog127
Group Admin

Wow, that's not bad.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11