Nine Elements Group 12 members · 10 stories
Comments ( 92 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 92

As this thread title suggests, this is intended for discussing both actual episodes the author is going to do later on AND for ideas for possible replacements for episodes the author might really dislike. Heck, you can even discuss possible ideas for possible Season 10 episodes or further into the series than that.

This is, of course, for bouncing around ideas, so feel free to share (within reason).

Also, please keep the discussions respectful.

Season 9, Episodes 1 and 2: "Dark Side of the Sun": Celestia calls the Guardians of Harmony to not only announce Discord proposing to her, but also discuss the eventual expansion of Twilight and Sunset's territory, well, WITH Twilight and Sunset a year in advance.

Meanwhile, Grogar ends up gathering Tirek, Chrysalis, Cozy and the Dazzlings (pulling the last three from the Human Universe) as well as resurrecting Sombra and the Storm King to assemble them into a Legion,

Fully expecting that at least one of the Legion recruits would point out that they ALL have too big of egos to easily follow orders (with the possible exceptions of Aria and Sonata, who are used to taking orders from Adagio) AND that most of them would be all too happy to double-cross everybody else in the group at the first real opportunity, Grogar magically enhances Celestia's more negative side to turn her against the Guardians of Harmony (in order to demonstrate to the Legion members that, if Celestia - who has the dual advantages of knowing the Guardians better than any of them AND of the Guardians being much more likely to hold back against her - can't beat the Guardians, none of them would stand a chance on their own),

Season 10/Fourteen Elements Season 1 Episodes 1 and 2: (midquel series picking up just a few months after the final battle with the Legion but before this series' version of "the Last Problem") "Elements of Research": Inspired by Sunset Shimmer's creations of three new elements years earlier, Sunburst also plans to research the creations of new Elements, with the help of Flash Sentry, Caramel, Spike and Thunderlane (along with his fillyfriend Starlight) in order to be bigger helps to the Guardians of Harmony. Ultimately, with A LOT of help, Sunburst ends up successfully creating five new Elements (well, four and a half [Unity was already an unofficial Element; it is just an official one now]) - Wisdom (Sunburst himself), Courage (Flash Sentry), Patience (Caramel), Confidence (Thunderlane) and Unity (Spike).

Anybody else wish to share episode ideas?

A possible idea for Season 10/Fourteen Elements Season One (one for Episode 3 of that season):

1. "The Good Neighbor Policy" Season 10, Episode 3: The Guardians of Harmony work on ways of travelling across the multiverse to learn about the cultures of other worlds and diplomatically expand the horizons of friendship. The start-up for the major arc of the next few seasons.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Not bad ideas. They may be tweaked when those points are reached.

Yeah. I can understand that. Thanks for considering them.

Another possible one: No Episode number for this one, but it would be a Season 8 episode (and a possible replacement for Non-Compete Clause with some elements of Nightmare Knights from the comics):

Group Therapy: Dark Mimic, the former Mare Do Well, along with Tempest Shadow and a few of the more talented minor reformed villains partake in a support group headed up by Princess Luna to give them a means to talk out their issues with those that would most understand and expand their circles of friendship. Eventually, though, they end up getting inspired to take on high-risk covert missions too dangerous for the normal military but too politically sensitive for the Guardians of Harmony.

And, yeah, I admit I was inspired by that thought that Dark Mimic's abilities would serve her quite well in the espionage business if she had somebody to keep her focused on better-intentioned goals. As well as the realization that the MLP series literally has enough reformed villains to form their own support group.

**************************************************************************************

And, of course, you and everybody else who can think of episode ideas are welcome to share too. ESPECIALLY you since, well, it's your series, so it's only fair that you get the biggest piece of the pie, so to speak.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Regarding the multiverse idea, I have a little idea. After Grogar’s defeat in Season 9, his bells scatter to other worlds, planting a fragment of himself in them.

Yeah. I could definitely see that. Makes a lot of sense.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

This gives the guardians reasons to go to other worlds.

(nods) Quite so.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

I'm also thinking Sunset made the Portal Gems as a means of going to those other worlds.

Would one of those worlds end up being the human world, with Twilight, Sunset, Spike, and Starlight having to help the other six Guardians adjust to their human bodies as they try to find and contain Grogar's fragment there? Of course that's assuming the Rainbooms don't end up taking care of that themselves like they do with the Storm King's remains in Spring Breakdown.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

I’m actually thinking they use a means of going to other worlds while still retaining their regular forms (which rules out the Crystal Mirror).

Makes a great deal of sense.

So if they do keep their pony and dragon forms when going to the human world from Equestria Girls to fight Grogar's remains, how do they manage to blend in without attracting too much attention to avoid getting captured and disected by the government? Unless they manage to arrive near Canterlot High or one of the Rainbooms that could help them. Or alternatively Twilight, Sunset, and/or Starlight would just use their magic to help hide themselves from the public.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Well, Sunset brews special potions that let them look like humans when in public as a contingency.

So, any ideas on Limestone and Marble getting their own episodes to shine in so far? Seeing how neither got a chance to have a solo episode like Maud did, it'd be cool seeing Limestone and Marble get some love too, each getting an episode focused on them.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

No ideas at the moment.

So, what is Sunset and Discord's dynamic like? With Sunset being the only Guardian of Harmony that Discord never interacts with in canon (due to Sunset being exclusive to Equestria Girls and Discord never appearing in Equestria Girls), what are their interactions like?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Well, Sunset tolerates Discord, but, not to the extent that she’ll let him manipulate her.

Fair. So for the Best Gift Ever special and how it will be adapted later on, will Sunset, Starlight, and Trixie also be involved in that one as well? Either with all three being involved with the Hearth's Warming Helper thing with the original six + Spike or seeing more of what Starlight and Trixie were doing to celebrate the holiday together during the special's events?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Not sure yet.

Fair, it is a long while before we get there (presumably in season 9 since it's after the Student Six's first Heath's Warming together).

Will the Friendship is Forever miniseries specials be adapted in this version with Starlight and Spike also making a book for Sunset in addition to Twilight on the memories and good times she's had with the Guardians + Celestia and Luna (with an added ninth episode to cover Trixie) before both are coronated?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Twilight and Sunset aren’t becoming the rulers of Equestria. That would invalidate all their friendship lessons by putting them in positions where they’ll rarely get to apply them to their lives. Besides, they already have their own kingdom to rule by that point.

Fair.

So, I know that episodes that won't be adapted include Ponyville Confidential and Bats so far, but are there any season 3 episodes that won't be adapted in this series or will all 13 episodes be adapted?

So, will Fame and Misfortune be adapted in this series or will it be adapted out like Ponyville Confidential and Bats?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

I’ll worry about that later.

Perhaps making it a lot more even-handed. Giving a respectful nod to the more moderate fans who actually get the intended messages and help out the main group as a whole. And make the fans depicted in the actual episode the relatively small minority with the more reasonable fans being in the considerable majority.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

It’s still a ways off.

On the subject of A Flurry of Emotions, will the person having trouble taking care of Flurry Heart be changed up? Considering Twilight has experience raising Spike as her son since he was born, she probably wouldn't have as much trouble watching Flurry.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Maybe Sunset and Starlight can be entrusted with the responsibility while Twilight and Spike are away.

Shall you do "The Return of Queen Chrysalis" (issues #1-4 of the IDW comics)? It's set in-between seasons 2 & 3, according to the wiki.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

I’m not sure.

More related to the 2017 movie, will Flurry Heart be brought up in that, and giving an explanation on why Tempest didn't target or find her despite being one of the princess alicorns? Or will Tempest end up finding and trying to capture her too?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Tempest refuses to hunt Flurry Heart as she’s merely a child.

Pretty good explanation there. What about Shining Armor, will he try to defend against Tempest and Storm King's army in the 2017 movie (especially after finding out what happened to his wife thanks to them)?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

He tries to hold them off to buy the Guardians time.

Since technically all five gens are in the same universe and simply just occurring in different time periods, I feel it's okay to ask in this section and not the crossover one: will there potentially be a time travel story of characters from Gen 4 meeting characters from Gens 1-3 and 5 through time travel?

Yeah. I could see that. Probably something for the "Fourteen Elements" Seasons - Sunset and Sunburst design and build a time machine powered by the Fourteen Elements and large enough for all fourteen members of the group. Definitely something to consider and we would have years to plan it out.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

I imagine Starlight would be unwilling to use it.

True. Even with the reassurances of the others that they would only be observing (and would also all be keeping everybody else in the group from breaking that rule).

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Maybe Starlight chains herself up to her seat.

Yeah. Maybe. Definitely makes sense. I could certainly see her doing that.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Because she doesn’t trust herself with time travel.

So, will Luna have a bigger role in Canterlot Wedding? Will Canis be involved too?

I have an idea for Just for Sidekicks.

Since Spike is treated a lot better here, I imagine he WOULD be invited to the empire to help with the Equestria Games inspector.

Maybe though, while the girls are doing their thing, Spike has his own adventure in the empire?

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Yes. They’re among the few who see through Chrysalis’ deception. Canis bravely fights against the Changelings despite the danger they pose to him.

BlueBioWolf
Group Admin

Well, Spike’s definitely invited.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 92